Show us your Armslist questions

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Show us your Armslist questions

Postby qualcorp on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Cash; FTF Metro MNDL, PTP, Bill of Sale... you guys no the drill..."What arrangements? We have to meet F2F I give you the money and you give me the pistol "
" I know the voices aren't real but they have some good ideas"

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
qualcorp

Postby CarryCauseICan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:29 pm

My favorites are the "WTB a (fill in the Blank)". Well go to the store or dealer and buy one then! Friggin Idoits! or, answer the add the was just posted 2 adds before you and call the guy!
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby theskalickys on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:29 pm

I hate when I put WTB _____ for $300.
Then I get responses.. I have this, this, and this for $700. I am looking to spend $300 don't respond unless its around $300.
theskalickys

Postby ijosef on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm

While I love threads like this and think the oddball responses from potential buyers are well worth posting for a good laugh, it's just a part of the buying & selling process in the internet age. I don't get upset or irritated by goofball questions/demands/offers. It doesn't do me any harm to say "no" or simply not reply.

No matter how many times you say FIRM, unless the item is a smokin' deal, people will make lower offers on it. Putting "firm" in the post will lessen the offers, but not eliminate them. I was selling something for $350 which was a fair deal for the item. The first email I got simply said "200 cash money." Since I wasn't willing to sell for that amount, I just deleted the email. No harm, no foul.

I've been selling music gear much longer than guns, so I've got quite a few stories from that. I was selling two low end bass guitars for $250 and $200, respectively. One guy asked me if I could do a "package deal" and sell both to him for $250. I said no thanks and that was that.

qualcorp wrote:FTF Meto $275.Cash "The book says $150 for Very Good/perfect condition. I will give you $165 for it."

Ah, the old book. I tried to do a trade with a guy who was interested in my old Gibson Marauder (an abortion of a guitar Gibson made in the late 70's/early 80's). He had this abridged "blue book" from some publisher that he referred to as "his bible." He acted like that was the final word on price, despite the fact that it was 2010 at the time and the book had a publication date of 1994.
ijosef

Postby Squib Joe on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

qualcorp wrote:Cash; FTF Metro MNDL, PTP, Bill of Sale... you guys no the drill..."What arrangements? We have to meet F2F I give you the money and you give me the pistol "

Yeah, it's easy. I'll be behind the Wendy's on Lake Street in my Escalade. Hand me the gun and you'll get your money.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby AFTERMATH on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 pm

From chatting with FFL's throughout the years - It would seem most of these types of questions aren't relegated to internet sales.
I wonder how many of these ridiculous inquiries are looking to find guns to ship to Mexican drug cartels...
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby MrVvrroomm on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 pm

him: "I will give you your 399 but we will have to meet somewhere"

me: "of course we'll have to meet somewhere. How would we make transaction if we didn't?"

him: "I was thinking that we could meet in st peter And I can be there as soon as you can"

me: "if you mean tonight, it ain't gonna happen."
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Certified Glock Armorer

engnerdan wrote:First he beat me up on the price. Then he made me deliver it. Then he made me drive to Roseville to pick up my money.
MrVvrroomm
Changed

Postby snlit3 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 pm

him - 500.00cash

me - And what else

him - THAT IT I HAVE 6 1911'S AS SOME PEOPLE TELL ME I JUST LIKE TO BUY 1911'S THEY JUST SET IN THE SAFE YOU CAN SEEM Y YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND YOU CAN SEE ALL MY 1911'S SO I'M NOT BUY IT BECAUSE I NEED IT JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO AND I CAN . THANK YOU

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShellShockChannel

me - Cool story, well you can want to buy mine all you want but it won't be yours for less than 650 dollars.

him - YOU GOT MY EMAIL ,THANK YOU

sigh.
snlit3

Postby GunGoogler on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 am

snlit3 wrote:him - 500.00cash

me - And what else

him - THAT IT I HAVE 6 1911'S AS SOME PEOPLE TELL ME I JUST LIKE TO BUY 1911'S THEY JUST SET IN THE SAFE YOU CAN SEEM Y YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND YOU CAN SEE ALL MY 1911'S SO I'M NOT BUY IT BECAUSE I NEED IT JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO AND I CAN . THANK YOU

me - Cool story, well you can want to buy mine all you want but it won't be yours for less than 650 dollars.

sigh.

Wow...did you view that tactitard's channel? There is some gold on that thing.
If you are reading this, there is a better than average chance that you are a d-bag.
GunGoogler

Postby Shipyard on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:23 am

from my post:

"FTF MN Resident only. Will not ship. PTP/PTC reqauired with bill of sale."

Reply:

Hi! Do you ship? or do I need to have someone pick it up?

awesome :D
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby XDM45 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 am

I know it's not "gun-related", but it's most certainly "idiot-related"... if you guys want to see some really entertaining ads, look at Craigslist.

You find all sorts of fun stuff there in ads, cheap buyers who want to lowball to the point of free.

"I need a website built and I want to host it myself. Must have CSS, PHP, use HTML5, run on apache2 on a LAMP setup on a server running RHEL with 16GB of RAM and a 4TB HDD with a quad-core CPU. I need it to also need to have the MySQL back-end used for e-commerce, so I need a shopping cart built, and I need it to list in the top 10 spots on Google. I need this next week. I'l.l pay you $20.00."

Ohhh ohh Mr Kotter, I'll be right on that one! oooh oooh!

Ok, I made up that ad, but they are seriously that bad.

Likewise if you go to sell something and say it's $400, they email or call with "So I can be there in 15 minutes with $50."
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby photogpat on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am

XDM45 wrote:
Likewise if you go to sell something and say it's $400, they email or call with "So I can be there in 15 minutes with $50."

That tactic must work, because its damn near universal among buyers both there, here, armslist, etc! When I had the Beretta listed here for sale, it was @$450. Sumdude PM'd me offering, $150 in 30 minutes. I replied that $150 wasn't even on the same planet as me...he then responded back with "$160 then?".

I thought it was Shippy and Strad %$%#ing with me...it wasn't...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby snlit3 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 am

GunGoogler wrote:Wow...did you view that tactitard's channel? There is some gold on that thing.

yeah i even checked out his FB page, 1 person likes it. :?
snlit3

Postby grousemaster on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:36 am

GunGoogler wrote:
snlit3 wrote:him - 500.00cash

me - And what else

sigh.

Wow...did you view that tactitard's channel? There is some gold on that thing.

Lol, yep. When he shows his his cocked and locked 1911 he aims it directly at himself. Even more amazing, it looks like he's married (judging by the ring)
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby jspace on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

XDM45 wrote:I know it's not "gun-related", but it's most certainly "idiot-related"... if you guys want to see some really entertaining ads, look at Craigslist.

You find all sorts of fun stuff there in ads, cheap buyers who want to lowball to the point of free.

"I need a website built and I want to host it myself. Must have CSS, PHP, use HTML5, run on apache2 on a LAMP setup on a server running RHEL with 16GB of RAM and a 4TB HDD with a quad-core CPU. I need it to also need to have the MySQL back-end used for e-commerce, so I need a shopping cart built, and I need it to list in the top 10 spots on Google. I need this next week. I'l.l pay you $20.00."

Ohhh ohh Mr Kotter, I'll be right on that one! oooh oooh!

Ok, I made up that ad, but they are seriously that bad.

root@rhellamp ~$ cat /var/www/localhost/htdocs/index.php
<?php
mysqli_connect(localhost, root, lamepassword);
$css="body{background-color:5F5;}";
$html5="<html><head><style type=\"text/css\">".$css."</style><title>Jerkwad's Shappong Kart</title></head><body>";
$sql="SELECT body_text FROM cartdb WHERE id IS 1";
$text=@mysql_query($sql);
if (!$text){mysql_query("CREATE TABLE cartdb(id INT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(id), body_text TEXT,)")or die(mysql_error());
$moarsql="INSERT INTO cartdb (id, body_text) VALUES (1, '<p>Print this page out, write what you want, and mail it to: <br />Jerkwad<br />1234 South Street St<br />Minneapolis, MN, 55401</p>')";
mysql_query($moarsql);};
$html5 .= $text . "</body></html>";
echo $html5;
?>

You owe me $20.
jspace

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat