DNR Confiscated Gun Auction

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

DNR Confiscated Gun Auction

Postby Angryben on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm

I realize there isn't an auction scheduled, and it doesn't look like they run it until the spring but I'd like to hear from those of you who have attended one of these events.

Are there good deals at the auction? Is it primarily the former owners buying back his/her gun?

I'd like to attend the next auction but I wont waste my time if I'll be bidding against people with an emotional connection to the gun or if the guns are going for a similar price to what you can find in the forum on this website.

Thanks for any help!
Angryben

Re: DNR Confiscated Gun Auction

Postby xd ED on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Never been to a gun auction, but I have attended many tool, equipment, and related auctions. Based on what I've seen, there are likely precious few bargains to be had. Too many people's competitive urges get the best of them and they focus on outbidding the competition. This is especially true on auctions held on weekends when you get a higher percentage of non-professional types bidding on stuff for home, vs business types/ contractors looking for equipment. I can only guess that gun auctions get wild crazy high prices. A good auctioneer, and a crowd with money in their pockets = no bargains.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby FJ540 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:31 pm

I haven't been to a live auction in ages, but I can't see deals happening with the current popular trend in "reality tv" shows like auction hunters and storage wars.

The deals I've managed to snag in recent years have mainly been due to auctioneers screwing up and not properly labeling what the lot included. Poor pictures can be your best friend, but that's not a factor in person.

I think the next live auction I'll attend will wait til there's some really nasty blizzard and no one else shows up. :mrgreen:
FJ540

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am

This is the result of the last time someone posted a DNR Auction.

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=29988
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Duff-Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 am

I went to one, was kinda fun to see how much people would over pay for things.
Duff-Man

Postby Angryben on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks guys...sounds like a waste of time.
Angryben

Postby plink on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:58 pm

"This one of a kind Mosin Nagant, complete with battle scuffs, was found in the hands of a dead Russian and used for shooting stuff during WWII. After the war, it was used to train the soviet olympic javelin toss team. $200 I have. $250? $250 there. Can I get $300?"
plink

Postby 67camaro on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Duff-Man wrote:I went to one, was kinda fun to see how much people would over pay for things.

This. The auction in one of the previous posts is run by a buddy of mines family and there are some good deals to be had. (sometimes) I seen a used 10ga shotgun, cant remember the model but it went for more than it is new. One other good thing to go to them is to see the people there trying to bid on the guns they or family members have had confiscated by the DNR. :lol:
67camaro

Postby Shawski on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:21 pm

It was a BPS. The DNR auctions don't have much for deals, you need to try their other auctions that happen to have guns on the list. You can get better deals if its what you're looking for.
Shawski

Return to General Gun Chat