Arnzen Arms after two weeks

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Arnzen Arms after two weeks

Postby mikereilly on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Larry
Like any business we have a choice on prices - Jack them up way to high and then offer "sales" or give our clients the best deal we can every day of the week. Our feeling is that the gun business our area has had enough of inflated prices and false savings; So we will do our level best to give everyone the best deal, every day of the week. So will he have sales at our grand opening? Yes - we will have the best prices in town... Just like we do every day :D
mikereilly

Postby archerychamp on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:25 pm

I made a quick stop to look around and I thought the prices were pretty fair, especially for the shotgun I want. :)
archerychamp

Postby ex-LT on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Stopped in today. Nice shop. Very good prices. Almost fainted when I saw the price on the Browning A-Bolt Stalker in .243. If that had been a 7mm-08, I would have been bringing it home.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby 45Badger on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:39 am

Official request from the cheap seats (aka a used gun buying freak) to allow me to actively and honestly participate in the AA love-fest...........

PLEASE expand your selection of used guns and please make it easy for folks to differentiate new and used. Put them all in one area, or use red tags (or pink, or green or whatever) so those of us in that market can efficiently shop.

I don't have the time or desire to read every tag on every gun in the case to determine if it's new or used. I'm a grown up who already owns most of the guns I want/need, so buy maybe one new gun a year (mostly for kids), and at least a dozen or more used. I usually hit the local places at least once a week to see what has come in/turned over. I'm opportunistic, and I prefer older/used guns because they usually have a higher degree of craftsmanship/quality, don't have silly lawyer locks or other useless/ugly nanny devices, and are cheaper 8-) . I love picking up guns A) that some fool traded in because he wanted the newest plastic tacti-cool thingee, or B) where somebody else ate the depreciation hit. On used guns, if it's a good deal, I buy it and it goes in the safe. I drop coin whenever I'm in and most often buy soft goods/accessories along with gun purchases.

To scale it, I've bought 1 or 2 (I forget) used guns from Frontiersman and 3 from (gag!) Goose Hill across the street since AA has been open. Would have been happy to have bought any of these from AA and would greatly prefer buying used from AA to Gander, especially since Marty joined your team. Again, please expand the used gun game. I'll understand if that's not part of your strategy, but think you'll end up missing a section of the market that drives traffic and other profitable sales.

Word.
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby justinvan on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:46 am

45Badger wrote:Official request from the cheap seats (aka a used gun buying freak) to allow me to actively and honestly participate in the AA love-fest...........

PLEASE expand your selection of used guns and please make it easy for folks to differentiate new and used. Put them all in one area, or use red tags (or pink, or green or whatever) so those of us in that market can efficiently shop.

I don't have the time or desire to read every tag on every gun in the case to determine if it's new or used. I'm a grown up who already owns most of the guns I want/need, so buy maybe one new gun a year (mostly for kids), and at least a dozen or more used. I usually hit the local places at least once a week to see what has come in/turned over. I'm opportunistic, and I prefer older/used guns because they usually have a higher degree of craftsmanship/quality, don't have silly lawyer locks or other useless/ugly nanny devices, and are cheaper 8-) . I love picking up guns A) that some fool traded in because he wanted the newest plastic tacti-cool thingee, or B) where somebody else ate the depreciation hit. On used guns, if it's a good deal, I buy it and it goes in the safe. I drop coin whenever I'm in and most often buy soft goods/accessories along with gun purchases.

To scale it, I've bought 1 or 2 (I forget) used guns from Frontiersman and 3 from (gag!) Goose Hill across the street since AA has been open. Would have been happy to have bought any of these from AA and would greatly prefer buying used from AA to Gander, especially since Marty joined your team. Again, please expand the used gun game. I'll understand if that's not part of your strategy, but think you'll end up missing a section of the market that drives traffic and other profitable sales.

Word.

I think AA has a great thing going! But I also agree with and purchase the same items as 45Badger. I also realize it takes time to build up a used gun supply when you are a new store, but think an easy way to identify your used items would be very nice. Otherwise keep up the good work!
justinvan

Postby grousemaster on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 am

I'd like to see some pricing on the ammunition as well. I don't like to have to ask how much different ammunition varieties are selling for.
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby 45Badger on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 pm

grousemaster wrote:I'd like to see some pricing on the ammunition as well. I don't like to have to ask how much different ammunition varieties are selling for.

That too!

And do you guys carry Hornady VMax? Was in yesterday and did not find any. Went to goose hill to buy 2 boxes of 55 grainers ("on sale" at @19.99 vs. Cabela's regular pricing at 18-19 :evil: ) and snagged a 20 gauge 870 for half a song ;)
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby Marble on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Are you guys planning on stocking Ballistol? You're listed as a distributor on their website, but I didn't see any on the shelf when I stopped by on Black Friday. Overall, great place, glad to have another gun store in the metro!
Marble

Postby PRS on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Ballistol is on the shelf now.
PRS

Postby mikereilly on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:55 pm

For used guns we have 2 colt 1911s, 6 colt saas, we have a scad of shotguns, lever rifles, lugars, a glock and a blackhawk. Maybe ask what I have that could find it's way to the store... loaded M-1, tricon scope, hunting rifles, etc
mikereilly

Postby JoeH on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 am

45Badger wrote:Official request from the cheap seats (aka a used gun buying freak) to allow me to actively and honestly participate in the AA love-fest...........

Word.

Excellent, constructive business suggestions for AA management. I hope they listen.
Joe
Not a Glock Certified Armorer
JoeH

Postby Ranger01 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 am

Stopped in there before close last night after looking at a car across the street, I will say that is one of the nicest gun stores I've ever been in. Good friendly and conversational staff, and an awesome dog (that my buddy Carl talked about for an hour and a half afterwards haha).

They actually had quite a few guns I've been drooling over and cant find elsewhere (Colt SAA w/ Ivorys to match my Smith 27, Browning HP Classic, Chiappa Rhino 6", etc...).

Overall I think this will be a new favorite place to stop in!
Ranger01

Postby darnzen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Word.

Expanding our selection of used guns is an important part of our business plan. The plan was to open with new guns and bring in used over time through trades and consignment. Everyone likes to browse the used guns at gun shops, that's where you find the interesting or unique. This process will take some time, especially since we are going to be selective in what we bring in. For instance, someone brought in a very nice Kimber rifle with a Nikon scope the other day. Since the hunting rifle buying season is over, we told him to bring it back in the summer when we could offer him what the rifle was worth. If we took it in now, it would likely sit on the wall for six months.

We're still discussing whether we want to have a "used section" or to mix them in with everything else. Better highlighting them with colors or something is a great idea.

To help us along this path, I encourage anyone with unique or interesting firearms that have a hankering for something new to come in and we'll make a deal :-)

We need to change something with ammo pricing. I hate looking it up too.
darnzen

Postby sawgrass on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 pm

+1 for putting the used pistols in a case by themselves.
I like to know exactly where to go first. It was nice looking around for the hour that I had to kill earlier.
You really do have a very nice shop, and I agree that it will be even better as your used pistol inventory increases.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby Dante on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:14 am

Used stuff should be separate.

IMHO.
Dante

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat