Do we have to worry about or gun right?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Do we have to worry about or gun right?

Postby FJ540 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 am

One of my D friends kept asking me "what do we give up this time?" My response - nothing!

The laws we have aren't working, making us jump through even more hoops will do nothing but give us more practice being the man's bytch. It's time we drew the line in the sand and said enough of this nonsense and get back to having freedom to make our own decisions.

People have free will, and there's nothing you can do without eliminating all of us to prevent a few from causing others harm without enough warning to stop it. Get over it already. Stop trying to prevent the future by choking people who have no evil intentions.

We need to allow people, regardless of what kind of building they're in, to take actions to defend the lives of themselves and others, without fear of legal death by court procedure, in any manner they feel necessary. No, this is not a license to kill with impunity - I think the Little Fall's nutjob probably should be hung, but not because he shot the intruders when they broke in.

My friend tried to make the argument that if everyone was armed, we wouldn't need police and we should get rid of them by my reasoning. My response to that is that police always show up after the fact. They're a reaction, not a cure, and they all show up with AR15's!

I carry a gun because there's an infinitesimally small possibility I may need it. I wear a seat belt because there's a pretty damn good chance some jackass is going to ram me with their car. If we required guns like we require seat belts, we'd have some real change in how many mass killings took place.

You want less crime, train everyone on how to use guns. Getting your ass shot is a far better deterrent than doing 6 months and coming out with street cred.

Our population fears the consequences of doing the right thing. That's tragic.
FJ540

Postby GunClasses.Net on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:07 am

FJ540 wrote:One of my D friends kept asking me "what do we give up this time?" My response - nothing!

The laws we have aren't working, making us jump through even more hoops will do nothing but give us more practice being the man's bytch. It's time we drew the line in the sand and said enough of this nonsense and get back to having freedom to make our own decisions.

People have free will, and there's nothing you can do without eliminating all of us to prevent a few from causing others harm without enough warning to stop it. Get over it already. Stop trying to prevent the future by choking people who have no evil intentions.

We need to allow people, regardless of what kind of building they're in, to take actions to defend the lives of themselves and others, without fear of legal death by court procedure, in any manner they feel necessary. No, this is not a license to kill with impunity - I think the Little Fall's nutjob probably should be hung, but not because he shot the intruders when they broke in.

My friend tried to make the argument that if everyone was armed, we wouldn't need police and we should get rid of them by my reasoning. My response to that is that police always show up after the fact. They're a reaction, not a cure, and they all show up with AR15's!

I carry a gun because there's an infinitesimally small possibility I may need it. I wear a seat belt because there's a pretty damn good chance some jackass is going to ram me with their car. If we required guns like we require seat belts, we'd have some real change in how many mass killings took place.

You want less crime, train everyone on how to use guns. Getting your ass shot is a far better deterrent than doing 6 months and coming out with street cred.

Our population fears the consequences of doing the right thing. That's tragic.

+1, sir! Well said!

Public frustration is turning on us, pretty vocally -- I overheard someone yesterday say "...geez, all these permit holders! What are they so afraid of?" Well, having a gun (to me) is really about the same as having a fire extinguisher. If we take away the guns, isn't that like saying that everyone should give up their fire extinguishers; just call the fire department, sit, and wait? Nobody gets a fire extinguisher expecting to actually need it, but they know if they need it - they'll need it real bad.
See us for gun training and resources at http://gunclasses.net and http://mnconcealedcarry.com

We also recommend Krav Maga, by IKMF-certified instructors: http://www.kravmagampls.com
GunClasses.Net

Postby Heffay on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 am

Digging your heels into the sand isn't a good idea. If you don't sit down at the table, the decision will be made for you.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby srtolly on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 am

I read about this when it happened originally, yes I am that old. It worked for them, maybe its a good idea.

http://rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm
Semper Fi
srtolly

Postby grousemaster on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:20 am

Heffay wrote:Digging your heels into the sand isn't a good idea. If you don't sit down at the table, the decision will be made for you.

Here's what happens when you "sit at the table", we get castrated by moon bats like Piers....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... z2FVObHNAH
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby FJ540 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 am

Violent crime has grown exponentially since the NFA was enacted. It's time to erase the laws and start over.
FJ540

Postby GunClasses.Net on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:24 am

srtolly wrote:I read about this when it happened originally, yes I am that old. It worked for them, maybe its a good idea.

That's fascinating; I hope everyone on here reads that site! And, I thought the town would be less than 5k people, and out in the hills -- but it's neither! That link on rense.com cites population of 8,936 in 1990, 14,493 in 1998, and now they're double that! Hasn't scared anyone away, has it...

Citing Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia:
Kennesaw is a city in Cobb County, Georgia, United States, located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. It had a population of 29,783 according to the 2010 census.
In 2007, the city was selected by Family Circle magazine as one of the nation's "10 best towns for families".

Gosh, I guess if they can do it, lots of places might be able to get it through. And, I just love their sorta-recent Family Circle magazine ranking...
See us for gun training and resources at http://gunclasses.net and http://mnconcealedcarry.com

We also recommend Krav Maga, by IKMF-certified instructors: http://www.kravmagampls.com
GunClasses.Net

Postby ex-LT on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:42 pm

srtolly wrote:I read about this when it happened originally, yes I am that old. It worked for them, maybe its a good idea.

I remember when Kennesaw mandated that every resident own a gun. IIRC, it was shortly after Oak Park, IL banned gun ownership.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby photogpat on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

If you haven't watched the Piers Morgan/Larry Pratt free-for-all on CNN yet -- its worth 7 minutes of your time.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/vi ... debtae.cnn

Apparently my enfield rifle is now an assault weapon - as such, I shall be posting it on armslist for $1000 post haste! :lol:
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Heffay on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 pm

I wish he would have pointed out to Piers that he kept on bringing up false dualities. None of his questions were an either/or situation.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Snowgun on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Heffay wrote:I wish he would have pointed out to Piers that he kept on bringing up false dualities. None of his questions were an either/or situation.

Piers would have just called him an operator and won the argument. ;) :D

Its hard to have an intelligent argument with someone like Piers who considers ad hominems standard debate tools. Cohabitating with a passionate liberal has taught me that facts can have equal weight with good intentions and knee jerk compassionate acts, much to my chagrin.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price. - Sun Tzu

The Way is in training... Do nothing which is not of value. - Miyamato Musashi

One who knows the Self puts death to death. - Upanishads
Snowgun
Events Coordinator

Postby xd ED on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Thus the wisdom of the NRA holding a highly publicized press conference as opposed to siting down to 'debate' with the katie kurrac(sp) types
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby arizona98tj on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 pm

peckerhead wrote:Last time I bought a NRA membership, they stuffed my mailbox with so much junk mail that I couldn't wait for it to run out.

I'd halfway consider another one if I could get them to agree to refrain from contacting me by mail.

Certainly it isn't that hard to toss it into the trash along with the rest of the junk mail? Besides, someone needs to help keep USPS employees working....do you part!
arizona98tj

Postby LarryP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 pm

I had that trouble to., One phone call and now I hardly receive anything from them. Pick up the phone--

peckerhead wrote:Last time I bought a NRA membership, they stuffed my mailbox with so much junk mail that I couldn't wait for it to run out.

I'd halfway consider another one if I could get them to agree to refrain from contacting me by mail.
LarryP

Postby LarryP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm

I don't like Harry Reid either, but he's a gun friendly guy.

He carries a gun himself

FJ540 wrote:Harry Reid is in office thanks to the NRA. I'll pass...
LarryP

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat