Get ready for price hikes and rationing

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Get ready for price hikes and rationing

Postby plblark on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/gun-dealer-discounts-disappearing-rationing-begins/
at least one distributor is completely removing that process from their pricing of firearms and accessories. From the email that the distributor’s customers received on Wednesday:

We have removed all pricing discounts from items in select categories. This will allow for all high-demand products to hit the marketplace at the same price.

Which is doublespeak for “screw you, we’re charging what the market will bear no matter how much you sell.” Higher prices for dealers means higher prices for consumers, with items like Colt firearms going up as much as 60 percent due to the removal of dealer pricing. And that’s before they tack on any additional pricing element.

What makes it even harder for gun stores to get firearms and magazines in stock: in some cases, entire brands of firearms have been “allocated.” Translation: they’re being rationed out to the various gun dealers. This used to be done only with extremely high-demand firearms, but it now appears to be happening to entire brands.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Re: Get ready for price hikes and rationing

Postby forcefed on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:14 pm

forcefed

Postby forcefed on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:14 pm

forcefed

Postby Heffay on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 pm

forcefed wrote:****.

You can say that again.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Dante on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I think he already did. :D
Dante

Postby forcefed on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

It's so nice, I had to say it twice!
forcefed

Postby mrp on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:36 pm

One dealer's day-by-day account of the recent happenings:

http://www.reddit.com/r/guns/comments/1568r4/firearm_industry_sitrep_122012_alternatively_you/

Article contains foul language, including the f word.
mrp

Postby rukwikenuf on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:33 pm

mrp wrote:Article contains foul language, including the f word.

heaven forbid that the "F" word is used!!!

actually, that's pretty accurate. people can bitch, whine, moan and complain all they want about the price of a P-Mag, but it's all for nothing. our little hobby (which i define personally more as a lifestyle) is about to get REAAAAL spendy. i'm not quite sure that the average shopper understands the fair market system. the store sells the item they get from a distributor, so they have to pay the distributor's prices. then the distributor has to buy them from the manufacturer (assuming there are no other middle men involved) and they have to pay manufacturer prices. everyone has to make a profit, and i'll let you in on a little secret: P-Mags are going to have a $35 COST to the gunshop soon. Magpul's website still has the Gen 3 window mags at 17.95, but i expect that number to climb.

this is all going to blow over, but it's panic mode RIGHT NOW. if you want to keep your head, sit down and load up the brass you have. clean your firearms you already have. double check the conditions of your magazines you already have. CHILL THE **** OUT!

now, i hope to GOD that i'm right about this. i really do, if i'm wrong and this is the way things are going to be.... i think i'll have to rethink my choices
saying that guns kill people is like saying that spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

if God wanted us to drink whiskey, he would have given us stomaches

I'm a little teapot...
rukwikenuf

Postby grousemaster on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Yea, I called Southern Ohio Gun today, to order a couple AR's that they showed in stock. They jacked their prices up by $700 on the AR's I wanted...they had 6 left in stock. We exchanged words....
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby Shipyard on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 pm

i saw an ad on armslist: spikes punisher lowers; $600 each

i'm not sure if i should wince or laugh out loud.....

probably laugh. :P
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby JJ on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Shipyard wrote:i saw an ad on armslist: spikes punisher lowers; $600 each

i'm not sure if i should wince or laugh out loud.....

probably laugh. :P

Probably the same douchenozzle that was trying to sell TangoDown mags for $40 a pop here the other day.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby river_boater on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

I participate on another large (non-gun) forum where they happen to talk a lot about guns. This is going on all over the country. It's crazy.
river_boater

Postby Heffay on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:10 pm

JJ wrote:Probably the same douchenozzle that was trying to sell TangoDown mags for $40 a pop here the other day.

Well, what do you call the guy who buys them? ;-)
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby grousemaster on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Heffay wrote:
JJ wrote:Probably the same douchenozzle that was trying to sell TangoDown mags for $40 a pop here the other day.

Rich enough not to care
01 FFL
NRA Life Member
NRA Business Alliance
grousemaster

Postby JJ on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Heffay wrote:

Gullible?
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Next

Return to General Gun Chat