Considering picking up a firearm for the little lady

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Considering picking up a firearm for the little lady

Postby Lunchbox on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm

jwdominick wrote:Yeah brought a neighbor to Bills last week as he wanted to try a lc9 out, he ended up getting turned off on it after using it though and bought a 24/7.
Problem is with range guns is often times they are well used and dont always perform the best in my experience

The LC9 was filth-nasty dirty. I was talking to the guy as he was cleaning it.
"Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students" - Robin Williams
"You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington." - Ash Williams
Lunchbox

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 pm

All right - time to end this discussion about guys trying to pick out a gun for a girlfriend, wife, or other female associate: Is there a SINGLE guy in here who thinks they have the ability to go into a shoe store and pick out the exact pair of shoes his SO would actually buy?? Anybody?? Just because you know more about guns than she does, are you under some illusion that you in any way have any greater ability to pick out the right gun for her as the right pair of "absolutely adorable pumps"?? What you have in your head is a good idea of guns GUYS will like, and that doesn't mean diddly squat for an estrogen based life form. Want proof?? You know the kind of shoes guys like, and in particular what YOU like, so how come that doesn't mean a damn thing with women's shoes?? So what makes whatever you have in your head about guns any more relevant than what you have in your head about shoes? Seriously!! And let's talk about the hideously fragile male ego, and whether any guy in here could actually accept without some deep inner turmoil that while he liked a 9mm, the "little lady" found that shoting a 10mm was what she really liked the best. Sorry to tell you, guys, but I have actually met some of these ladies, and they had a ball with my 10mm with full power loads, and there were a few that really liked a 44 mag 4"bbl, and a few that really liked my 50 GI.

The best thing to do is let your SO go up to Bill's North and talk to Theresa Reiter, or a female CP instructor, and STFU and STFA!! And for all of those of you who want to continue to argue about this, please start out by actually asserting that you could actually go shoe shopping for the little lady and pick out what she would get herself.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby XDM45 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:All right - time to end this discussion about guys trying to pick out a gun for a girlfriend, wife, or other female associate: Is there a SINGLE guy in here who thinks they have the ability to go into a shoe store and pick out the exact pair of shoes his SO would actually buy?? Anybody?? Just because you know more about guns than she does, are you under some illusion that you in any way have any greater ability to pick out the right gun for her as the right pair of "absolutely adorable pumps"?? What you have in your head is a good idea of guns GUYS will like, and that doesn't mean diddly squat for an estrogen based life form. Want proof?? You know the kind of shoes guys like, and in particular what YOU like, so how come that doesn't mean a damn thing with women's shoes?? So what makes whatever you have in your head about guns any more relevant than what you have in your head about shoes? Seriously!! And let's talk about the hideously fragile male ego, and whether any guy in here could actually accept without some deep inner turmoil that while he liked a 9mm, the "little lady" found that shoting a 10mm was what she really liked the best. Sorry to tell you, guys, but I have actually met some of these ladies, and they had a ball with my 10mm with full power loads, and there were a few that really liked a 44 mag 4"bbl, and a few that really liked my 50 GI.

The best thing to do is let your SO go up to Bill's North and talk to Theresa Reiter, or a female CP instructor, and STFU and STFA!! And for all of those of you who want to continue to argue about this, please start out by actually asserting that you could actually go shoe shopping for the little lady and pick out what she would get herself.

I'm with ya Sam. I've always said that people need to pick out their own gun.

Would any guy want his SO picking out a gun for him? No. Probably not.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Heffay on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Seismic Sam wrote:Is there a SINGLE guy in here who thinks they have the ability to go into a shoe store and pick out the exact pair of shoes his SO would actually buy?? Anybody??

At this point, I can say with 100% confidence that I can head into any DSW and pick out the exact pair of shoes my wife would want. In fact, I could probably successfully rank her top 5 choices.

/shootsselfinhead
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby XDM45 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Heffay wrote:
Seismic Sam wrote:Is there a SINGLE guy in here who thinks they have the ability to go into a shoe store and pick out the exact pair of shoes his SO would actually buy?? Anybody??

At this point, I can say with 100% confidence that I can head into any DSW and pick out the exact pair of shoes my wife would want. In fact, I could probably successfully rank her top 5 choices.

/shootsselfinhead

Now I need to get a pink Desert Eagle hand have it engraved with "The wife bought me the gun, but I get the shoot it and have the fun."

I bet that'd get some looks. hahahahaha
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tazdevil on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Heffay wrote:

/shootsselfinhead

:o Yep, mancard revoked. Permanently.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:38 pm

[quote="XDM45I'm with ya Sam. I've always said that people need to pick out their own gun.

Would any guy want his SO picking out a gun for him? No. Probably not.[/quote]

Good point!! Assume for a second you're a 45 ACP Stainless 1911 junkie, and your honey says : Oh, dear, I picked up a Desert Tan Glock in 45 GAP caliber because I know you like 45 Automatics so much, and the Desert Tan will go so well with your leather sportcoat that I got you for Christmas last year!!

[chunks]HUUUURRRRRALLLLLAAAALLLLLPPPP!!!!!! RALLPPPHHHH!!!!! RRRUUUUURRRRRPPPP!!!!![/chunks]
Last edited by Seismic Sam on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Dutch on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:48 pm

My wife loves blasting her 2.5" S&W 66. :D
Men may argue forever on what wins their wars, and welter in cons and pros, and seek for the answer at history's doors, but the man with the rifle knows.
Dutch

Postby xd ED on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:57 pm

I have always assumed that teaching a SO to shoot would be about as wise as being the one to teach them to drive.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jwdominick on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:19 pm

xd ED wrote:I have always assumed that teaching a SO to shoot would be about as wise as being the one to teach them to drive.

It just may turn out to be a double edge sword
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
jwdominick

Postby Evad on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm

xd ED wrote:I have always assumed that teaching a SO to shoot would be about as wise as being the one to teach them to drive.

I agree 100000%
Evad

Postby Mdclinks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm

My wife decided she wanted to learn to shoot when I get my carry permit and first handgun. So we went to shoot and didn't care for the XD40sc that I had at the time. She also asked me to help her and then did not want to listen to what I suggested. The range officer came over and suggested to her the exact same thing I tried to suggest. She tried them and felt better. Now my wife now enjoys shooting and just applied for her carry permit.

We both had a great time last year at the "Shooter's Show" at Bill's last year. Out of all the pistols my wife rented surprisingly she liked a Taurus the best. I had her try anything and everything to find her something other than the Taurus, but out of everything she shot and manipulated the Taurus the best by far. What do you do?
Mdclinks

Postby xd ED on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Buy a Taurus.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Mdclinks on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:32 pm

xd ED wrote:Buy a Taurus.

Yep........
Mdclinks

Postby XDM45 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am

Seismic Sam wrote:[quote="XDM45I'm with ya Sam. I've always said that people need to pick out their own gun.

Would any guy want his SO picking out a gun for him? No. Probably not.

Good point!! Assume for a second you're a 45 ACP Stainless 1911 junkie, and your honey says : Oh, dear, I picked up a Desert Tan Glock in 45 GAP caliber because I know you like 45 Automatics so much, and the Desert Tan will go so well with your leather sportcoat that I got you for Christmas last year!!

[chunks]HUUUURRRRRALLLLLAAAALLLLLPPPP!!!!!! RALLPPPHHHH!!!!! RRRUUUUURRRRRPPPP!!!!![/chunks][/quote]

Could be worse... she could buy me a Glock. I think I'd have to divorce her over that.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat