Is the panic over?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Is the panic over?

Postby cgrant26 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am

MNGunGuy wrote:
cgrant26 wrote: Stripped Larue lowers going for well over $1k.

Larue is shipping stripped lowers to their customers that have been waiting in case a ban does happen with the intention of shipping them back when barrels are back in stock (on their dime). I wonder how many out there are from that.

Probably little to none. The Larue lowers I'm seeing on GB are the SMOS ones, not the ones with the Leander, TX markings that they make in house now.
cgrant26

Postby heavygunner on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:33 pm

I guess the Panic is far from over, its like a ghost town at Fleet Farm in Carver for any Ammo. Maybe obama has stock in gun and ammo LoL he and his gang sure know how to make the market go hog wild. :bolt:
heavygunner

Postby sgruenhagen44 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:37 pm

of course... you can find a cx storm for only 2300 bones with accessories
sgruenhagen44

Postby heavygunner on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm

You seen that deal also LoL :rotf:
heavygunner

Postby Angryben on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 pm

It reminds me of when a new product like a PS3 or such comes out and the line of people waiting for them all night are people who are looking to re-sell them, not use them. Once they run out of customers to make a buck off they will stop trolling fleet farms. I predict that will happen in April when the mainstream media admits that AWB isn't going to pass.

I was at Fleet today and they were sold out of 30-30 ammo!
Angryben

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:52 am

Angryben wrote:It reminds me of when a new product like a PS3 or such comes out and the line of people waiting for them all night are people who are looking to re-sell them, not use them. Once they run out of customers to make a buck off they will stop trolling fleet farms. I predict that will happen in April when the mainstream media admits that AWB isn't going to pass.

Didn't anyone tell you about the assault lever actions that took over the west? :lol:
FJ540

Postby heavygunner on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

FJ540 wrote:
Angryben wrote:It reminds me of when a new product like a PS3 or such comes out and the line of people waiting for them all night are people who are looking to re-sell them, not use them. Once they run out of customers to make a buck off they will stop trolling fleet farms. I predict that will happen in April when the mainstream media admits that AWB isn't going to pass.

Didn't anyone tell you about the assault lever actions that took over the west? :lol:

Well you have that black Mossberg tactical 30-30 that's scary to the liberals lol
heavygunner

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 am

heavygunner wrote:Well you have that black Mossberg tactical 30-30 that's scary to the liberals lol

What isn't scary to the liberals? :?
FJ540

Postby Angryben on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:01 pm

I installed a laser, flashlight, foregrip, nightvision scope and bayonette on it since I couldn't get my hands on a AR. :lol:
Angryben

Postby XDM45 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm

So I ordered mags as mentioned in another post, 6 of the 10 round ones for my 2245 and 6 of the 13-round ones for my XDm, and the ones for the XDm are on back-order. I emailed Brownells, and here's my letter with their response now posted here as an FYI. I really hope I can get these before anything that could affect obtaining them happens.

My letter:

Hello,

I understand that there's a back-order, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you have an ETA for shipment and arrival to me?

2) If the US government does something crazy like ban high-capacity magazines, I believe since I purchased these pre-ban 9if a ban occurs for magazines over 10 rounds), that I should still get them, do you agree?

Their response:

Thank you for contacting Brownells with your questions, I apologize for the delayed response. AT this time we do not have an eta on any high capacity magazines. As they are received in the warehouse we are shipping them out as quickly as possible in the order the orders are downloaded into the system.

As far as your second question: Until we know what is passed into law and the exact wording we cannot predict what will happen with the back orders.

I realize this did not answer your questions but that is all the information we have at the present time.

Thank you
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 am

I'm trying to help a friend of my uncle's locate a Glock 19 Gen 4. So far, no luck going from Scheels in Mankato to Sheels in St. Cloud and every place I could locate in between. I did locate some on Gunbroker but the prices are Whacked! If anyone knows of any place within driving distance that has a G-19 Gen 4 in stock, PLEASE PM me asap. I will pass it on asap (he's a great guy and Prez of the Russian Gun Club in Cokato).

After seeing what 17 rd. Glock 9 mm Magazines are selling for and the 33 Round 5 times higher that what I paid last summer, I might have to unload a few of each. I could sell less than half of my onhand mags and put away enough money to buy me a new gun, once the run is over and prices/stock return to normal. I saw a 33 rd 9 mm sell for $150 today. :mrgreen:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby MNGunGuy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Doesn't look like it's quite over. $11,975 for a LaRue Costa 5.56. Actual retail price: $2,895.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 210456#PIC
MNGunGuy

Postby maxhunter on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

This should help someone's economy rebound with prices like this. I don't know anything about this rifle, good, bad, or indifferent, except that it just sold for a winning bid of 3,950.00 at an auction. The buyer still has to pay the 10% commission, sales tax, NICS and FFL transfer fee.

STDA Controlled Aggression Rifle - SD TACTICAL ARMS CUSTOM BUILT, AR-15 RIFLE WITH 16" STAINLESS STEEL BARREL, CUSTOM FLASH SUPPRESSOR, MAGPUL MOA GRIP, MAGPUL TRIGGER GUARD, ALUMINUM MID-LENGTH QUAD RAIL

http://auctionimages.s3.amazonaws.com/1 ... 276212.jpg
maxhunter

Postby tazdevil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:21 am

Current Bid $11,975.00 Reserve Met! Started at $0.01
Quantity 1 # of bids 60 Bid History
Time left Listing has Ended
15 minute rule Location Leander, TX 78641
Start 1/15/2013 9:00:00 PM ET (This is a 7 day auction)
Ends On or After 1/22/2013 9:40:09 PM ET (GunBroker.com Official Time)

Seller
tex-man A+(31)
View the feedback of this seller | View seller's other auctions | Ask seller a question
Winning Bidder j***3 A+(2)

I see that j***3 in a bunch of auctions, is he possibly buying then reselling for profit?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby SSBotanyBay on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

BigDog58 wrote:I'm trying to help a friend of my uncle's locate a Glock 19 Gen 4. So far, no luck going from Scheels in Mankato to Sheels in St. Cloud and every place I could locate in between. I did locate some on Gunbroker but the prices are Whacked! If anyone knows of any place within driving distance that has a G-19 Gen 4 in stock, PLEASE PM me asap. I will pass it on asap (he's a great guy and Prez of the Russian Gun Club in Cokato).

After seeing what 17 rd. Glock 9 mm Magazines are selling for and the 33 Round 5 times higher that what I paid last summer, I might have to unload a few of each. I could sell less than half of my onhand mags and put away enough money to buy me a new gun, once the run is over and prices/stock return to normal. I saw a 33 rd 9 mm sell for $150 today. :mrgreen:

There was a G19 Gen4 @ Fleet Farm in Rochester yesterday. IIRC it was $549, maybe $579. It may still be there; nothing a phone call will not fix.
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."---Thomas Chalmers
SSBotanyBay

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat