Cabelas not taking phone calls.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Cabelas not taking phone calls.

Postby hunterfreakhd on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 am

photogpat wrote:
hunterfreakhd wrote:They should hire someone just to answer the phone.

Why? So they can pass that guy's salary onto their prices?

Pass. I'll deal with the inconvenience for a while until the masses wise up and quit buying everything in sight. Cabelas wasn't that easy to deal with before the hysteria anyways.

Good point.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby Nalez on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:02 am

I agree with others that they are probably busy. I think it would be in their best interest to put a message on the firearms dept phone saying "We do not currently have X or Y in stock, but are expecting X on XX/XX/XX. All sales are first come, first serve. Press 1 to speak with a Representative or leave a message"
Nalez

Postby CUZICAN on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

xd ED wrote:Just a sound retail practice.
X2

i worked in retail and most people used us like google -
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
CUZICAN

Postby solidgun on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Yeah, I agree with ignoring the phone calls and helping the customers in store being the priority. If it isn't too inconvenient, I don't mind people picking up the phone while I am being helped, but I took my valuable time to visit the store and the fact that people on the phone are being taken care of first bothers me and see it to be very disrespectful at a big box store because they have customer service areas. I don't mind it at little shops as it would be inconvenient for them to hire someone to answer phones, so I understand that being okay.

However, it really is bad manners to pick up a phone call if I am in the middle of something important just because it is ringing.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing personal opinion. —PROVERBS 18:2
solidgun

Postby plink on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 pm

The Rogers one has gotten rid of a whole two sided line of shelving. The other shelves even had a few patches of empty inventory. Of course the black guns sections toward the end of the row mostly just has cobwebs and dust in stock.
plink

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat