Protest Obama speech?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Protest Obama speech?

Postby Gunnar on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Anyone planning anything? I would be up for something...
Gunnar

Re: Protest Obama speech?

Postby bstrawse on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 pm

Gunnar wrote:Anyone planning anything? I would be up for something...

Do we even know where he's going yet?
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 pm

Ahh just spend the time you would have spent protesting BHO by wiriting letters or making calls or visiting your reps. You won't change BHO's mind anyway. The media will ignore you anyway. :roll:
xd9

Postby 2in2out on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 am

Why is the President coming to Minnesota in the first place? Is it because of the whole Feinstein's Follies thing?

OR..... could it be to round up Democratic support for the crazy bills being proposed in Minnesota????

What if... the federal gun control BS was just a smoke screen to allow Democratic-controlled states a chance to pass their own? What if their goal was to make us focus on the federal bills while the states craft their own?

If that were true, then New York was a victory for Feinstein & Co. and their goal would be to keep that momentum going. If enough states pass that kind of crap, then it's a lot easier to get it passed at the federal level. One step at a time. We thought the push was for federal legislation, but what if they never intended for it to pass on the federal level in the first place?
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby xd ED on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 am

2in2out wrote:Why is the President coming to Minnesota in the first place? Is it because of the whole Feinstein's Follies thing?

OR..... could it be to round up Democratic support for the crazy bills being proposed in Minnesota????

What if... the federal gun control BS was just a smoke screen to allow Democratic-controlled states a chance to pass their own? What if their goal was to make us focus on the federal bills while the states craft their own?

If that were true, then New York was a victory for Feinstein & Co. and their goal would be to keep that momentum going. If enough states pass that kind of crap, then it's a lot easier to get it passed at the federal level. One step at a time. We thought the push was for federal legislation, but what if they never intended for it to pass on the federal level in the first place?

He thinks he's got a soft target here, given the political makeup of the state's legislative and executive branches, so his gun control might get some traction.
He's paying back arty rybak for his servility.
And why not?
It don't cost (him) nothin'.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Protest Obama speech?

Postby dtapper2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am

xd9 wrote:The media will ignore you anyway. :roll:

Not necessarily true. I protested Obama last summer in cannon falls with a group of people. We not only made it in the paper as to why we felt the need to protest, we made it on the local news channels.

There are hundreds of thousands undecided individuals out there. Publicly expressing yours views can sway them one way or another. Once swayed, they may also write their representatives. Make your voice heard one way or another.
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
dtapper2

Postby JohnGageMN on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 am

xd ED wrote:He thinks he's got a soft target here, given the political makeup of the state's legislative and executive branches, so his gun control might get some traction.
He's paying back arty rybak for his servility.
And why not?
It don't cost (him) nothin'.

<= Helping save stupid people from themselves since 1997.

crbutler wrote:About this time frame I began to look on Glock owners as being incestuous relatives of Lucifer.
JohnGageMN

Postby Chunkychuck on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

This is juvenile but some folks say I have never grown up. It would be interesting if some protesters showed upwith a bunch of clay pigeons.
Chunkychuck

Postby FJ540 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I'd like to show up with my AR pistol. Think the SS would allow me freedom of expression and to exercise my carry permit near the king? :?

And no, I'm not going to do it. Just a hypothetical question. Why are they so afraid of us? And maybe they should be.
FJ540

Postby mrShinola on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Councilwoman Barb Johnson's office confirmed on the NorthTalk Facebook page that "the President will be in North Minneapolis touring the Special Operations Center (old Hamilton School). The visit will occur on Monday - invitation only - approximation - 11 am start - until ? It will be a bit crowded up here - but good for the Ward, the northside and the MPD - Thanks Barb Johnson!"
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby tac870 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 pm

He is coming here to help push the seven or eight bills being introduced in St.Paul next week. These bills make New York look like a gun friendly state. Just look at the GOCRA's website. Most of the people on this site will be instant felons if this stuff passes.
tac870

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Yep, they have an ultimate goal. Draw your line. Pack the house. Replace them all !!! Thank 'em on their way out the door for wasting our time.
tenmilmag

Postby Brunsi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:21 am

The reason I moved out of Mpls years ago was the politicians trying to make everyone their version of a civilized citizen. It was actually cool when you had to have some balls to live downtown or northeast now its all professional hipsters. although the food is much better now :roll:
Brunsi

Return to General Gun Chat