Let's see if Glock and Federal bow

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Let's see if Glock and Federal bow

Postby tman on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:05 pm

XDM45 wrote:
If it was Springfield, I'd sell it. I don't support traitors.

You DO know your XD is made in Croatia, don't you?
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Angryben on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

I predict he will run for President in 2016.

I don't get how an ammo company can provide 'gun control.' Stop producing 223/556 while other manufacturers still do? Stop making hollow points? I don't have any scientific evidence but I will put my bottom dollar down that Federal will not roll over. Federal is owned by ATK. I know several Federal employees and they would be the last people to support Ryback. ATK execs are not that stupid to bite the hand that feeds them. They have a huge share of the 223/556 market and it would be suicide for the company to comply with this political BS.

When the bills don't pass, these politicians will realize that they made a mistake by energizing a huge group of Minnesotans who will be determined to see them replaced.
Angryben

Postby xd ED on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Angryben wrote:
XDM45 wrote:RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

I don't get how an ammo company can provide 'gun control.' Stop producing 223/556 while other manufacturers still do? Stop making hollow points? I don't have any scientific evidence but I will put my bottom dollar down that Federal will not roll over. Federal is owned by ATK. I know several Federal employees and they would be the last people to support Ryback. ATK execs are not that stupid to bite the hand that feeds them. They have a huge share of the 223/556 market and it would be suicide for the company to comply with this political BS.

When the bills don't pass, these politicians will realize that they made a mistake by energizing a huge group of Minnesotans who will be determined to see them replaced.

Pressure from the Feds- get out of the civilian market or loose your military contracts. Given a choice, whether anyone likes rybak or not, they'll vote their paychecks when it's an option. As to the Mpls police- guess who they backed when he's ran for mayor?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Angryben on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm

xd ED wrote:
Angryben wrote:

Pressure from the Feds- get out of the civilian market or loose your military contracts. Given a choice, whether anyone likes rybak or not, they'll vote their paychecks when it's an option. As to the Mpls police- guess who they backed when he's ran for mayor?

Threatened by the Feds to lose their Lake City contract is a lot different than Rybak talking out of his azz. My understanding is that they signed a 10 year contract.
Angryben

Postby M4A1 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Angryben wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Angryben wrote:[quote="XDM45"]RT Ryback is proposing that any companies which sell firearms and ammo play ball with the city of Minneapolis and work with them on "sensible gun control". If they do that, I'll use my Federal ammo, but buy no more. If I owned a Glock and that happened, I'd sell it. He's trying to strongarm companies and people.

Threatened by the Feds to lose their Lake City contract is a lot different than Rybak talking out of his azz. My understanding is that they signed a 10 year contract.[/quote]
Reminds me of Qwest and their disappearance.
M4A1

Postby Angryben on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Reminds me of Qwest and their disappearance.[/quote]

How so? Qwest merged/was acquired with CenturyLink. Did they have something to do with the Feds?
Angryben

Postby M4A1 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Angryben wrote:Reminds me of Qwest and their disappearance.

How so? Qwest merged/was acquired with CenturyLink. Did they have something to do with the Feds?[/quote]
They refused to hand over phone records and federal money stopped trickling to them.
They fell out of the gubernment's grace....
M4A1

Postby Brunsi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am

Rybak and Omama, lets see two guys who will not be running for re-election dictating to their constituents. The good news is there will be another election in two years, the bad news is that minneapolis will never elect a libertarian or republican.
Brunsi

Postby Paul on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:14 pm

tman wrote:
XDM45 wrote:
If it was Springfield, I'd sell it. I don't support traitors.

You DO know your XD is made in Croatia, don't you?

Did we also get this Glock concern figured out?
Paul

Postby tman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Paul wrote:Did we also get this Glock concern figured out?

I'm ignoring any perceived problems with Glock. They're perfection. :P
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby bigbob on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 pm

I say as a former MN taxpayer Divid Ryback from his high salery and oust him in the next primary then send him to AZ so he can see what a cactus feels like when he is sitting on top of it. Glock and Federal has more balls tham most of the LIBS up there have, it shouldn't even be an issue
bigbob

Postby FJ540 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 pm

Uh, Rybek already announced he's not running for re-up again. ;)
FJ540

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 am

FJ540 wrote:Uh, Rybek already announced he's not running for re-up again. ;)

Which is exactly why he's all over airwaves and sucking up to Obama. I saw Rybek on at least 3 different newscasts/news shows tonight.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby photogpat on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 am

Snakeman721 wrote:
FJ540 wrote:Uh, Rybek already announced he's not running for re-up again. ;)

Which is exactly why he's all over airwaves and sucking up to Obama. I saw Rybek on at least 3 different newscasts/news shows tonight.

He's looking for a national job afterwards...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat