Something to think about

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Something to think about

Postby BigBlue on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Sarge_44 wrote:Cry about it. Plus it is in my signature for the Tapatalk app.

That's not the same thing as a forum 'signature'. Not that it matters though, seeing it anywhere in your post feels condescending. Don't tell me I need to relax.
BigBlue

Postby Thunder71 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Now there's an argument about having the word 'Relax' in a TapaTalk signature... holy $&#@balls.
Thunder71

Postby Sarge_44 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Now there's an argument about having the word 'Relax' in a TapaTalk signature... holy $&#@balls.

Sad isn't it
*Liberal Gun Owner*
Sarge_44

Postby Evad on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:43 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Now there's an argument about having the word 'Relax' in a TapaTalk signature... holy $&#@balls.

Dude...just REALX!

:hide:
Evad

Postby XDM45 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Evad wrote:

Dude...just REALX!

:hide:

Could he just magazine that off? errr clip it off? errrrr same thing right?

:stirs the pot:

Have a good Friday all... just messing with ya.

RELAX :)-
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 am

BigBlue wrote:seeing it anywhere in your post feels condescending. Don't tell me I need to relax.

verbal judo 101.

I NEVER tell people to "relax" or "calm down."

I ask them to "take some deep breaths" instead.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Paul on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:28 am

tman wrote:
BigBlue wrote:seeing it anywhere in your post feels condescending. Don't tell me I need to relax.

verbal judo 101.

I NEVER tell people to "relax" or "calm down."

I ask them to "take some deep breaths" instead.

When people take deep breaths it usually makes them relax and calm do... Oh, I see what you did there.

Very clever.
Paul

Postby farmerj on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 am

relax....

Don't do it....

We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:11 am

I'll stop calling most extremist liberals I know tards when they actually wanna debate and discuss the issues with facts and real stats. Till then, I still love my liberal family and friends, but they're general lacking any real info and support all their thoughts with puppies, rainbows, drugs, and shiny objects.

And I'm fairly liberal when it comes to a lot social issues. I don't let it cloud my judgement thou. Extremist liberals are political terrorists.

"It's not a matter of who's gonna let me, it's who's gonna stop me." That's how I usually bait them into telling me about the police state they want.
TommyMN

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am

TommyMN wrote:I'll stop calling most extremist liberals I know tards when they actually wanna debate and discuss the issues with facts and real stats. Till then, I still love my liberal family and friends, but they're general lacking any real info and support all their thoughts with puppies, rainbows, drugs, and shiny objects.

And I'm fairly liberal when it comes to a lot social issues. I don't let it cloud my judgement thou. Extremist liberals are political terrorists.

"It's not a matter of who's gonna let me, it's who's gonna stop me." That's how I usually bait them into telling me about the police state they want.

How does that even make sense?

You'll stop calling someone names when they want to have a debate and discussion, but until then, they're a XYZ? What would make them change their mind? This goes back to what I've said about this being a people problem and not really a thing (gun) problem. I get where you're coming from, I see your point and I understand; but I don't think that calling people libtards or anything else derogatory is helping anyone. All it does is put people on the defense.

I'm sure that the anti-gunners think that if we'd just sit down to reason (based on their beliefs of reason and their facts), then they wouldn't need to think of us and call us "Rambo", Gun Nuts" Racists", etc.

...and I know that you're thinking "but we have the facts that state XYZ", well, so dos everyone. Facts, reasoning, opinions, polls, everything can be spun and changed to fit one's point of view.

Anyway, I'm not trying to nitpick or argue with you or anyone else; I'm just saying that I don't think that putting someone on the dfense is going to make them very open to anything other than fighting.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby 2in2out on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:25 am

farmerj wrote:relax....

Don't do it....

Hmmmm..... I never actually saw the music video for that song.... interesting.

Here's one that I think is more appropriate for MNGT:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 am

XDM45 wrote:
TommyMN wrote:I'll stop calling most extremist liberals I know tards when they actually wanna debate and discuss the issues with facts and real stats. Till then, I still love my liberal family and friends, but they're general lacking any real info and support all their thoughts with puppies, rainbows, drugs, and shiny objects.

How does that even make sense?

You'll stop calling someone names when they want to have a debate and discussion, but until then, they're a XYZ? What would make them change their mind? This goes back to what I've said about this being a people problem and not really a thing (gun) problem. I get where you're coming from, I see your point and I understand; but I don't think that calling people libtards or anything else derogatory is helping anyone. All it does is put people on the defense.

I'm sure that the anti-gunners think that if we'd just sit down to reason (based on their beliefs of reason and their facts), then they wouldn't need to think of us and call us "Rambo", Gun Nuts" Racists", etc.

...and I know that you're thinking "but we have the facts that state XYZ", well, so dos everyone. Facts, reasoning, opinions, polls, everything can be spun and changed to fit one's point of view.

Anyway, I'm not trying to nitpick or argue with you or anyone else; I'm just saying that I don't think that putting someone on the dfense is going to make them very open to anything other than fighting.

They are going after my rights. I'm doing nothing to there's. hell I even push for some new liberal rights. If they wanna cry about being called a libtard. O well. I'm not a politican, I don't care to kiss anyone's ass. I'm also not a Rambo type. Most people in my life know nothing of my firearms.
TommyMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Anybody who uses the derogatory "Tard" in any way is forgetting how that can hurt people.

Many of us have mentally handicapped children, close relatives or friends. They are good people and deserve better than to have to listen to people trashing them.

So, if you use that word, I disregard you as simply ignorant and not worth reading.

Your choice.

As to the namecalling in general, it probably has pretty much the same outcome. Your credibility goes down the toilet.

Simply stating that you're angry goes over better than proving it by using inflammatory rhetoric. I can understand a little of it, but I draw a firm line at disparaging mentally handicapped people--and that's what "Tard" does. It IDENTIFIES you as a cowardly bully.

State your beliefs honestly and honorably and you'll get a lot farther......and you won't make the rest of the gun owners look ignorant.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm not attacking anyone with special needs. Never have. How you take it is up to you. There's about 8 definitions of retard in the dictionary. Sorry if you choose to accept the slang term.
TommyMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 pm

TommyMN wrote:I'm not attacking anyone with special needs. Never have. How you take it is up to you. There's about 8 definitions of retard in the dictionary. Sorry if you choose to accept the slang term.

That's a bunch of B.S. and it has NOTHING to do with "how somebody takes it." There's just one way to take it--it's a harsh and powerful insult that demeans a whole group of innocent people.

There's one definition and we all know it.....it's not meant to be used any more than the common racial, ethnic or sexual epithets that are used for Jews or Blacks or Gays.

You should be sorry you ever used it. It's a derogatory and an ugly one.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat