Buying guns that could be banned

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Buying guns that could be banned

Postby sansooshooter on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Was at Gander Mountain in Blaine today and they are having a big sale this weekend. The Gun counter was very busy and lots of people buying guns that are on the proposed ban list!
I wonder how many of the people buying know of the all the new anti gun legislation from our state reps.

We need to remember to spread the word to all of our friends and relatives that some of their guns will be illegal in the near future !
I have talked to lots of people at my work who have no clue that the 9mm they have for home protection will be a illegal gun and that the tube fed .22 they have had since the age of 12 will be a bad
gun.

So take a minute to think about friends and family that you haven't talked to in awhile and inform them of the proposed garbage coming from the state legislature.
We cant let up!
sansooshooter

Re: Buying guns that could be banned

Postby bpacman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi sansooshooter,

Exactly what would you have us tell them? That their purchase may become illegal if our government decided to violate our constitutional rights?

I agree there is cause for concern, but the jerks in office right now have not ventured into confiscation. I would prefer that these people who have been sitting on the fence actually jump to one side or the other and either take responsibility for their own safety or sign up for the "group protection policy" that the government is selling.

Trying to talk people out of purchasing a gun and protecting themselves is putting you in the "Snake Oil Salesman" class that our government encourages.

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Well done to Gander Mountain for having this big sale right now.

Every gun sold is another potential opponent of gun confiscation.

Keep the buying frenzy going!

:flag:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby RangerTim on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:23 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Well done to Gander Mountain for having this big sale right now.

Every gun sold is another potential opponent of gun confiscation.

Keep the buying frenzy going!

:flag:

Agreed, I know a lot of moderates and even left-wingers who are picking up guns right now. If/when it actually comes down to registration/confiscation, there are just that many more people who might say hell no.
"For Those I Love, I Give My Life"
LCpl Rick Centanni, USMC
KIA 3/24/2010
Helmund Province, Afghanistan
RangerTim

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm buying more from sellers in NY right now ;)
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigBlue on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I'd like to put together a graphic or image showing all the possible models and types of firearms that would likely be banned under the proposed legislation ('assault rifle' or 'high capacity magazine' bills). I want to be able to use it to demonstrate what stands to be lost to those who don't pay attention and think that only AR-style rifles are on the chopping block. Can folks here offer suggestions of some of the more traditional looking guns that could be banned so that I can gather pictures? If you have links to pictures please include those.

Here are some I've got on my list already:
- Ruger 10/22
- Remington 597:
- Marlin Model 60:
- Savage 64:
- Mossberg 702:
- Ruger Mark I/II/III:

Thanks!
BB
BigBlue

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Big Blue,
You should also list a little history on each gun. For instance, the Ruger 10/22 was introduced in 1964 and there were are over 5,000,000 sold. Alot of people think that only "assault rifles" and "modern sporting rifles" are on the ban list. This would show them that even grandpa's squirrel rifle would be on the list.
MXGreg

Postby CraigJS on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:25 pm

More panic buyers = more paper work between me and the feds.. Thanks!
CraigJS

Postby mrShinola on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I wonder how many will be lost in one of our 10,000 lakes. Will it be profitable for the State or Feds to start dredging?
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang-bang switch"
mrShinola

Postby sansooshooter on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:05 pm

bpacman wrote:Hi sansooshooter,

Exactly what would you have us tell them? That their purchase may become illegal if our government decided to violate our constitutional rights?

I agree there is cause for concern, but the jerks in office right now have not ventured into confiscation. I would prefer that these people who have been sitting on the fence actually jump to one side or the other and either take responsibility for their own safety or sign up for the "group protection policy" that the government is selling.

Trying to talk people out of purchasing a gun and protecting themselves is putting you in the "Snake Oil Salesman" class that our government encourages.

Bp

They are talking about Turning in certain rifles and high capacity mags if some of the laws pass. Or am I missing something?
Does not 1 bill say that possession of certain guns and gun related items will be a felony if possessed on 8-1-2013. I have not seen a grandfather clause in any bill.

Maybe I did make my self clear . I have a sister who my father gave a high capacity pistol to. I called her to let her know of the bills that would make her felon .
She had no idea that the bills that are being proposed would effect her!
My point is people don't realize what the current crop of gun bills contain.

Where did I say any thing about talking anyone out of buying a gun. I have talked to people who are freinds and family to let them know they are being targeted under these bills.
If I am wrong on some of this please show me the way of my errors.
sansooshooter

Postby BigBlue on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:50 pm

MXGreg wrote:Big Blue,
You should also list a little history on each gun. For instance, the Ruger 10/22 was introduced in 1964 and there were are over 5,000,000 sold. Alot of people think that only "assault rifles" and "modern sporting rifles" are on the ban list. This would show them that even grandpa's squirrel rifle would be on the list.

That's my exact intent. Any info like that would be appreciated because I don't have those details.

BB
BigBlue

Postby bpacman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:04 pm

sansooshooter wrote:
Where did I say any thing about talking anyone out of buying a gun. I have talked to people who are freinds and family to let them know they are being targeted under these bills.
If I am wrong on some of this please show me the way of my errors.

My apologies. I thought you were warning people not to buy their guns now that there "may be" future legislation.

Good Job. Spread the word Brother!!

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm

BigBlue wrote:That's my exact intent. Any info like that would be appreciated because I don't have those details.

BB

Google is your freind. :mrgreen:
MXGreg

Postby tman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:53 pm

mrShinola wrote:I wonder how many will be lost in one of our 10,000 lakes. Will it be profitable for the State or Feds to start dredging?

FYI, HF244 will make it a gross misdemeanor or felony for you to falsely report that your firearm collection was lost in a boating accident AND will make you an ineligble person FOREVER.

We've got to stop this stupid legislation. It's not Big Brother's business where my firearms are.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm

tman wrote:
mrShinola wrote:I wonder how many will be lost in one of our 10,000 lakes. Will it be profitable for the State or Feds to start dredging?

FYI, HF244 will make it a gross misdemeanor or felony for you to falsely report that your firearm collection was lost in a boating accident AND will make you an ineligble person FOREVER.

We've got to stop this stupid legislation. It's not Big Brother's business where my firearms are.

Indeed. The boating accident scenario was pretty funny the first 1000 times I heard it. 8-)
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to General Gun Chat