What if the ban passes?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

What if the ban passes?

Postby plblark on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

MXGreg wrote:
sawgrass wrote:I guess you missed the demonstration with the 10/22's and several of the committee members walked out of the hearings in protest.

I saw what they had on the news. Other than that, just what I've seen here.

The hearings are all available online. I suggest watching them. Heck, I had to and I was at 3.5 out of 5 hearings.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Re: What if the ban passes?

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 pm

plblark wrote:
MXGreg wrote:
sawgrass wrote:I guess you missed the demonstration with the 10/22's and several of the committee members walked out of the hearings in protest.

The hearings are all available online. I suggest watching them. Heck, I had to and I was at 3.5 out of 5 hearings.

Paul do you have a link for Thursday night? I was there but left before the public testimony was over.
Something was brought to my attention today that I would like to see if possible.

Thanks.
SG
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby greenfarmer on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:Will help however I can.
Sure hope Wisconsin doesn't follow suit.

Just speculating - may need $30 each to justify purchasing additional Gun Safes - so your toys are properly and safely stored in my temperature controlled facility.

Not a money maker - just would want them properly stored.

Add your thought as needed.

Do you know of any old banks for sale in wisconsin? An old bank vault would probably work pretty good!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby Paul on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:07 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0JdjRwC0 ... JdjRwC0JsE

That's the link from my phone... It's the mobile site, let me know if it doesn't direct from your desktop.
Paul

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/user/MNHouseInfo

This video is a double header) from Thursday-
03:20 - Gavel.
04:24 - Final comments by the sponsor of HF308 (Simonson) Permit required to purchase, own, possess, or use body armor, and criminal penalties provided.
05:05 - HF307 (Simonson) Permit to carry application required to be made to a chief of police of a municipality, and if no chief of police, to a county sheriff.
27:12 - HF242 (Hausman) Large-capacity magazine crime established for the manufacture, transfer, or possession of ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts; terms defined; and criminal penalties provided.
Runs 4 hours, 2 minutes.

Here is the video's url:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdjRwC0 ... Tw&index=3

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks! I'll try it in the am.
Kinda tired tonight. I took my renewal class today at OGC. All day as TTousi went through the statutes and rules, I kept thinking damn that's proposed to change.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Contact your Congress People!!!
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby Texastransplant on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm

FJ540 wrote:I'll turn in my ammo, one bullet at a time - I will not comply, and I pray no one asks me to.

Whenit comes to it it, they won't be asking. And I got your back!
Texastransplant

What if the ban passes?

Postby plblark on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm

sawgrass wrote:
plblark wrote:
MXGreg wrote:[quote="sawgrass"]I guess you missed the demonstration with the 10/22's and several of the committee members walked out of the hearings in protest.

Paul do you have a link for Thursday night? I was there but left before the public testimony was over.
Something was brought to my attention today that I would like to see if possible.

Thanks.
SG[/quote]
Committee audio visual:
http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/audio/ ... ls_year=88
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby sawgrass on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks Paul.

Thank you for sponsoring us for the Lifetime NRA membership, thanks for openly supporting us (Wrench and myself) on here as a couple, and thank you for all of your hard work helping all of us in regards to GOCRA.

Don't forget that Wrench bought you a NRA Lifetime Member cap. :D
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby Dill on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 pm

quite simple, I'm moving out of state. I hope it doesn't happen but I won't live under laws limiting 2A unless I have absolutely no choice.
Dill

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

MXGreg wrote:

They actually made a short feature of the 10/22 comparisons
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bpacman on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm

I may be preaching to the choir here, but I have been amazed at how liberal this MidWest state is. Even during the Reagan v. Mondale election this was one of the only states that voted for Mondale.

That is a special kind of stupid if you ask me. This is the same state that voted in a WWF Wrestler and a failed Prozac laden Senator to be your Governor.

I understand that "Stubborn" is a Minnesota cultural trait, but damn people. Following the DFL just because the Democrats added "Farmers and Labors" to their name is just plain stupid.

Obama may not have created this generation of Perpetual Narcissism but he damn sure knows how to exploit the masses and he graced this "Special Kind of Stupid" State with his presence because he knew he could sell his snake oil here more than any place else.

I would like to say that I did not mean to offend anyone with this post, but if you feel offended, then you are the person I am talking about in this post and I did mean to offend you.

Bp
Good Judgement comes from Experience....Unfortunately a lot of that comes from Bad Judgement.
bpacman

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm

bpacman wrote:I may be preaching to the choir here, but I have been amazed at how liberal this MidWest state is. Even during the Regan v. Mondale election this was one of the only states that voted for Mondale.

That is a special kind of stupid if you ask me. This is the same state that voted in a WWF Wrestler and a failed Prozac laden Senator to be your Governor.

I understand that "Stubborn" is a Minnesota cultural trait, but damn people. Following the DFL just because the Democrats added "Farmers and Labors" to their name is just plain stupid.

Obama may not have created this generation of Perpetual Narcissism but he damn sure knows how to exploit the masses and he graced this "Special Kind of Stupid" State with his presence because he knew he could sell his snake oil here more than any place else.

I would like to say that I did not mean to offend anyone with this post, but if you feel offended, then you are the person I am talking about in this post and I did mean to offend you.

Bp

There's 2 big groups of Democrats in MN- the metro area, and the 'range' . For our purposes you can write off most of the metro area, certainly Mpls, and St Paul. The range people are far more conservative , however their ties to the DFL goes back to the mine unions, and that's how they generally vote. It is those folks, along with the rest of the outstate Democrats, that will be the only hope of this bs getting put down.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MNIceMan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 am

bpacman wrote:I may be preaching to the choir here, but I have been amazed at how liberal this MidWest state is. Even during the Reagan v. Mondale election this was one of the only states that voted for Mondale.

Bp

(That is a special kind of stupid if you ask me. This is the same state that voted in a WWF Wrestler and a failed Prozac laden Senator to be your Governor.

I understand that "Stubborn" is a Minnesota cultural trait, but damn people. Following the DFL just because the Democrats added "Farmers and Labors" to their name is just plain stupid.)

We currently have a Governor that failed as a Minnesota US Senator had a mental breakdown and left office. Yes, there is a special kind of stupid and stubbornness here.
MN DNR FAS Instructor
NRA Life Member
"We all have our own Green Mile to walk. How will yours be?"
MNIceMan

Postby Heffay on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am

MNIceMan wrote:We currently have a Governor that failed as a Minnesota US Senator had a mental breakdown and left office. Yes, there is a special kind of stupid and stubbornness here.

What does that say about the guy they ran against him, when the same election gave the republicans the House and Senate?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat