gun ban and mag ban bills pulled!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: gun ban and mag ban bills pulled!

Postby tt3 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

rugershooter6823 wrote:
Heffay wrote:No. What about Michael Jackson?

I believe he is saying Michael Jackson chose not to be black!

Sent from my iphone5 using Tapatalk

Huh?

Michael Jackson knew his beer, he's one of my heroes, along with Charlie Papazian
tt3

Postby PRS on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:23 pm

Although I'm always in favor of watching a PC battle between heffay and the rest of the forum, shouldn't we be celebrating a victory here?
PRS

Postby CUZICAN on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 am

don't celebrate - prepare for the next time they come back for your stuff - they will - years ago i fought with legislators over smallmouth bass season closing early and they got so much grief over something they didn't care about they backed off. The next year it was quietly tucked into another bill and passed into law. they got smarter, they took care of their special interest group (can't recall what group it was, remember seeing them at the midwest sport show and having a pretty lively conversation with them) and they got their way.
"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
CUZICAN

Postby BigBlue on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 am

Heffay wrote:
BigBlue wrote:What does 'black' have to do with a background check?? You conduct a background check to see what the person's past behavior was. A person applying for a job is 'choosing' to apply, just as a person 'choosing' to buy one is.

You seriously don't get the difference between choosing to buy a guy and choosing to be black?

What the hell are you talking about?? The 'choice' is whether to buy a gun or not and whether to apply for a job or not. A background check in this discussion is related to those two actions. Race has zero to do with it.
BigBlue

Postby Heffay on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 am

BigBlue wrote:
Heffay wrote:
BigBlue wrote:What does 'black' have to do with a background check?? You conduct a background check to see what the person's past behavior was. A person applying for a job is 'choosing' to apply, just as a person 'choosing' to buy one is.

You seriously don't get the difference between choosing to buy a guy and choosing to be black?

What the hell are you talking about?? The 'choice' is whether to buy a gun or not and whether to apply for a job or not. A background check in this discussion is related to those two actions. Race has zero to do with it.

Maybe you can explain to me where running a background check on an employee is illegal, let alone racist?

edit: I think I see the problem. One Man Wolf Pack said running a background check on an employee was racist. I have no idea where he got that. I think he was throwing code words at the discussion hoping to make a point, and failed miserably.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:30 am

Universal background checks would really make private party sales a bitch. And Registration... the government doesn't need to know what I own. I'm still very much against both thank you!
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby 20mm on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Heffay wrote:Because you can choose to own a gun. You can't choose to not be black.

ImageImage

It's a brave new world!
20mm

Postby elroy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 pm

tt3 wrote:
rugershooter6823 wrote:
Heffay wrote:No. What about Michael Jackson?

I believe he is saying Michael Jackson chose not to be black!

Sent from my iphone5 using Tapatalk

Huh?

Michael Jackson knew his beer, he's one of my heroes, along with Charlie Papazian

Relax. Have a Homebrew!
USCCA Training Counselor
MCPPA Instructor - http://www.MNTactics.com
NRA - Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
MN DNR Firearm Safety Instructor
25 years of Law Enforcement Experience
elroy

Postby Punisher102 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Does this mean the prices will come back down and the stores will be able to keep stuff on the shelves again??
Punisher102

Postby zachkuby87 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Punisher102 wrote:Does this mean the prices will come back down and the stores will be able to keep stuff on the shelves again??

That's the real question. I was saving for a nice ar 15 build when the **** hit the fan. I saved enough for a nice gun well with the panic it's only enough for a mediocre build. So I'm kinda just sitting here waiting it out. I spent some of my budget on a new tv already.
zachkuby87

Postby RangerTim on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Heffay wrote:Because you can choose to own a gun. You can't choose to not be black.

That is making the assumption that background checks would only be run on black applicants... Besides, just like one can choose to own a gun, one can choose to be employed (or employed for a certain company). All employment is AT WILL.
Would background checks for firearms purchases only be run on black applicants? I don't think so.
"For Those I Love, I Give My Life"
LCpl Rick Centanni, USMC
KIA 3/24/2010
Helmund Province, Afghanistan
RangerTim

Postby fabb600 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm

20mm wrote:

ImageImage

It's a brave new world!

Ahaha! That's great! lol
fabb600

Postby LostTiny202 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 pm

now perhaps people will settle down on their buying habbits and hoarding so I can buy the new gun I want and all the ammo I can carry out of the store. And perhaps I can eventually buy primers from my local re-load shop too.....
LostTiny202

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm

I made a couple offers on $1000 Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifles on Armslist today... $400. :D

Never heard back for some reason.
Thunder71

Postby jdege on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Thunder71 wrote:I made a couple offers on $1000 Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifles on Armslist today... $400. :D

Never heard back for some reason.

If someone takes you up on that, I'll give you $200 for one.
jdege

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat