Gander Mtn and ammo

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Gander Mtn and ammo

Postby futbol79 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm

I bought a gun there 10 days ago and turned down the offer to buy ammo as the price is so high.
futbol79

Re: Gander Mtn and ammo

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I go to Dander Mountain occasionally if I need to kill some time between DR appointments.
Its good entertainment listening to the BS flowing outward over the counter to new gun buyers.
Occasionally I step in and tell the new buyers that they need hip-waders for all the BS flowing around them.
Then I leave.
OldmanFCSA

Postby LarryP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:35 pm

If Gander is soo bad, why do we keep getting these type of threads?

Can't blame anyone but yourself for going there after reading about them.
LarryP

Postby spyder357 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

LarryP wrote:If Gander is soo bad, why do we keep getting these type of threads?

I agree. Honestly it's a business and they can charge what they want. Thats why I buy (or get them to price match) when their stuff is on sale or very close to some place thats out of stock.
spyder357

Postby XDM45 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:54 pm

spyder357 wrote:
LarryP wrote:If Gander is soo bad, why do we keep getting these type of threads?

I agree. Honestly it's a business and they can charge what they want. Thats why I buy (or get them to price match) when their stuff is on sale or very close to some place thats out of stock.

@Larry and spyder, exactly.

@oldman, I hear ya. It's like a trainwreck that you just can't look away from. Maybe I should go just to see it for myself. I guess the entertainment factor might be worth it.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Lights on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:29 pm

spyder357 wrote:

I tried one time to get them to price match Walmart on a 870. The called the Walmart store(or not?) I seen the gun at. Then they tried to tell me that Walmart did not have the gun in stock so we will not match there price. So I called Walmart right there in front of the sales guy and low and behold the guy at Walmart told me yep we have 5 of them and quoted me the price. I then asked the Walmart salesman if he would please tell the person that I am handing the phone to what was in stock and for the price. He agreed to. I handed the phone to the GM salesman and the look on his face was priceless. :D That was strike one for them(GM).
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby xd9 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Nalez wrote:
Lights wrote:I ask the salesman if they have some 9mm ammo in the back. He said yep, but it is only for sale if you buy a new gun. WTF????

Personally I like this policy. I would hate to go to the store, spend $800 on a new gun, and not be able to have any ammo for it.

$800? Would that have been a Hi-Point C-9 by chance? :lol:
xd9

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Back when, when Winchester announced they stopped production of the "all mighty" Model 94, and couldn't find one any where, I found two new in the box lever actions at Walmart. Guess I'm a hoarder.
tenmilmag

Postby LarryP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Walmart in Eden prairie is lucky to carry a paint ball gun
LarryP

Postby Lights on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 pm

LarryP wrote:Walmart in Eden prairie is lucky to carry a paint ball gun

You have to get out of the cities to find one that has guns. Hudson WI has them.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby Rodentman on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 am

IOW Gougher Mtn and everything...

Some time ago I actually found some primers on the shelf in boxes of 100, not taped. There were loose primers on the shelf which the salesman insisted that he had to discard as "damaged." Well I wouldn't have bought them loose anyway, but seems like an odd way to promote sales. I wouldn't buy primers that could have been subject to switching.
Rodentman

Postby 45Badger on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Yea, gander sucks. Especially EP. Sucks so badly that I've had to pay less than $200 for the last 4 Remington 870s I bought there. And that damned minty left handed BDL I picked up for Sam at $424 out the door didn't help. Or the the nice old Remington .22s. And don't get me started on the occasional used Glocks and XDs for less than $400. Not to mention, I was there yesterday and saw that damned Glock 27, overpriced at @$425, right near the Springfield 1911 Range Officer.

You guys crack me up. There are good and bad deals everywhere. Keep your eyes open and be ready to buy when you find it. To be fair, I'm almost solely a used gun buyer, and Gander has it's fair share++ of silly/stupid high prices. I overpaid on 5 boxes of federal 9mm at 14.95, but hey- there's a panic :mrgreen:
Live free, or die!
9mm = .45acp set on "stun"
Big Bullets At Moderate Speeds....Make Things Move
"You look like a tactical lumberjack"
Monschman is a thieving d-bag
.45 ACP - Because Shooting Twice Is Silly!
45Badger

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:46 pm

<elbows Badger> I don't know what you mean, Gander has terrible deals - nobody should shop there! :)
yuppiejr

Postby Mn01r6 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm

I bought 700 rounds of 9mm (blazer brass) at GM Woodbury today for $200. Not a bad deal in today's climate, but not exactly a good price either. At least I can go to the range a few more times before I am out of ammo now.

They happened to get an ammo drop this morning so I was lucky. Lots of Blazer Brass 45 Auto was there when I left (and I mean LOTS).
Mn01r6

Postby XDM45 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Mn01r6 wrote:I bought 700 rounds of 9mm (blazer brass) at GM Woodbury today for $200. Not a bad deal in today's climate, but not exactly a good price either. At least I can go to the range a few more times before I am out of ammo now.

They happened to get an ammo drop this morning so I was lucky. Lots of Blazer Brass 45 Auto was there when I left (and I mean LOTS).

Now if only that was closer.............. but it may be worth the trip. I can never have enough .45ACP around.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat