Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Ammo Hunting This Morning

Postby tenmilmag on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 pm

grousemaster wrote:double tap

xdm45 wROTE...

How about .41 a round?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =331505988

Makes my paltry .20 a round cheap. Glad I didn't sell it!![/quote]

The people on this forum tend to have the common sense not to be taken for the prices the people on GB pay....the people on GB paying these prices must literally be desperate. I would not shoot before I paid $70 for a brick of .22lr.[/quote]

Well, I wouldn't pay it either.

If common sense is so common, then how come not everyone stocked up on ammo beforehand? A lot of people, even on here, are looking for .22LR ammo right now.

We all should know that spree events happened in the past and will happen again in the future; so during the in-between times when prices are low and anti-gun legislation isn't a looming threat; that's when you're supposed to stock up on supplies like ammo and parts, buying them at lower prices for later use or sale at higher prices. Certainly I can't be the only one who knows that and does it.... am I?[/quote]

Can't use a calculator or what??? 5000 (five thousand) rounds for 715$ comes to 0.14 C E N T S "per" ROUND!
You're W E L C O M E. WOW

yeh, double tap :lol:
tenmilmag

Postby XDM45 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 pm

grousemaster wrote:
Well, I don't need the money that badly. Honestly, the whole whinefest a day or so ago turned me off to selling any gun related items

We know, We know, you don't need any money as you are VERY well off. I think people's personal finances are their own business, maybe that's just me.

However, you're the one preaching "buy low, sell high" over and over again. I'm just suggesting following your own advice. If you're gonna let a little forum back and forth stop you from profiting thousands of dollars, then I guess that's your own choice.

All,

Please forgive the double-tap posting.....

Hey grousemaster,

Yeah, my math was off. I admit I did it in my head, no calculator, and it's been a long day with a bunch of stuff happening at work, so I'm a bit brain fried today...perhaps on those days, I need to use a calculator or not post or both. Bad judgment on my part.

However, good judgment on my part is buying low and selling high, which I've done with some stocks and other investments; luckily with more ups than downs. Yes, selling the ammo would be a good thing to do right now, sound business advice indeed.......but I also think that it'd just be a lot of hassle and not worth it to me for the PITA factor. If it was only money motivating me, I'd sell it and deal with the bs factor, but money isn't my motivator in life. Money, just like a gun, is a tool to me, nothing else. I've fired customers, walked away from other money because there's some stuff I won't tolerate... and I don't need to, so I don't.

Admittedly, the whinefest on here the other day just burnt that bridge for me to ever selling anything gun related. That was my first, and it will be my last attempt at doing so. If I buy it, I'll keep it. I can afford to do that, so no problem for me or for anyone else ever again. We're all happy!!
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Re: Re: Ammo Hunting This Morning

Postby GoBerserk on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:39 am

tenmilmag wrote:
Can't use a calculator or what??? 5000 (five thousand) rounds for 715$ comes to 0.14 C E N T S "per" ROUND!

My calculator says you're off by a factor of 100.
GoBerserk

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:51 am

GoBerserk wrote:
tenmilmag wrote:

Correction noted. Me bad. I think I made my point tho. And that was priceless. Hilarious by a factor of 1000 in fact 8-)
tenmilmag

Postby XDM45 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 am

tenmilmag wrote:
GoBerserk wrote:
tenmilmag wrote:

Correction noted. Me bad. I think I made my point tho. And that was priceless. Hilarious by a factor of 1000 in fact 8-)

Yes, you made your point that you must be perfect. You certainly are perfect at one thing.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am

My calculator says you're off by a factor of 100.[/quote]
Correction noted. Me bad. I think I made my point tho. And that was priceless. Hilarious by a factor of 1000 in fact 8-)[/quote]

Yes, you made your point that you must be perfect. You certainly are perfect at one thing.[/quote]
Meow! So's my cat :twisted:
tenmilmag

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Scored ONE box of 9mm range ammo today. Happy about that. On account they had none to go with the new shield I picked up earlier. Made for one hell of a perfect day off. :mrgreen:
tenmilmag

Postby tenmilmag on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:01 am

Gun show here we come! Hope someone's selling ammo. Maybe a buy one get one deal? geez
tenmilmag

Postby Need4Speed on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 am

Good day yesterday. 45 is not nearly as bad. FF in st cloud had plenty of hornady steel match on the shelf, got a couple boxes. Wally is Sauk had a dozen or so boxes of 100 count WWB on the shelf, picked up 2 of those as well.

No 9MM or 223 anywhere. Glad I don't shoot it.
Need4Speed

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 am

I realize its a bit of a drive out here, but if you buy projectiles, come on out and reload a few.
If you don't know how, I will teach you.
Limited by primers on-hand, but 200 rounds each would be a good limit.
Let me know.
OldmanFCSA

Postby BigBlue on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Cabela's in Rogers had a lot of .45 auto on the shelves this afternoon (Sat.). Many dozens of boxes. Various kinds and prices. Plus some .40 S&W that I noticed.

BB
BigBlue

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat