MN SWAT Cop in Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

MN SWAT Cop in Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit

Postby -=VILLY=- on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit is a SWAT competition-based reality show. SWAT Officers from around the country compete to win a $10K cash prize and another $100K to go to his home department.

Our very own Minneapolis Police Officer Tony Caspers took time off from work last July to take part in the show. The show airs every Wednesday night at 8pm Central Time. http://outdoorchannel.com/showpersonali ... id=317&n=c

Tony was also featured last night on KSTP http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2938746.shtml?cat=1
"MIND OVER MATTER - If you don't MIND, then it don't MATTER."
-=VILLY=-

Re: MN SWAT Cop in Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit

Postby -=VILLY=- on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Tonight is the last episode of the Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit show. It started out with 14 SWAT Operators from around the country competing with one another. Some were from the more famous SWAT like Los Angeles and Chicago. Now there are only two left. Minneapolis Police SWAT Officer Tony Caspers and Dallas Police SWAT Officer Scott McDonnold are competing for the title of the Top SWAT, a $10K Grand Prize, and $100K to their home agencies.

A lot of us here knows Tony. Some of us have worked with him, some of us were trained by him, and some of us have shot competitions with him.

The last episode airs tonight at 8PM on the Outdoor Channel.
-=VILLY=-

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 pm

If you don't mind posting how this came out for those of us who may not have the Outdoor Channel, that would be great.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Re: MN SWAT Cop in Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit

Postby IDPA Shooter on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

-=VILLY=- wrote:Tonight is the last episode of the Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit show. It started out with 14 SWAT Operators from around the country competing with one another. Some were from the more famous SWAT like Los Angeles and Chicago. Now there are only two left. Minneapolis Police SWAT Officer Tony Caspers and Dallas Police SWAT Officer Scott McDonnold are competing for the title of the Top SWAT, a $10K Grand Prize, and $100K to their home agencies.

A lot of us here knows Tony. Some of us have worked with him, some of us were trained by him, and some of us have shot competitions with him.

The last episode airs tonight at 8PM on the Outdoor Channel.

I will definitely be watching. Tony has done awesome to date, but then he is an outstanding shooter and trainer.

I know he taught me a lot of great techniques and he is quite modest about his substantial skills.

Sent from my Sprint EVO LTE using Taptalk
Bob Jahn NRA CRSO, IDPA 5 Gunner
USCCA Certified Training Counselor
NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Advanced Pistol Instructor
Massad Ayoob Group Instructor
Defense Training Intl (John Farnam) Instructor

http://www.rejfirearmstraining.com
IDPA Shooter

Postby goda0301 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 pm

he won $10,000 cash from himself and $100K for the dept. just caught the tail end of it.
goda0301

Postby elroy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

That's outstanding! Congrats to him!
USCCA Training Counselor
MCPPA Instructor - http://www.MNTactics.com
NRA - Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
MN DNR Firearm Safety Instructor
25 years of Law Enforcement Experience
elroy

Postby -=VILLY=- on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Minneapolis Police SWAT Officer Tony Caspers won the Outdoor Channel's Elite Tactical Unit Competition!!!

After an intense elimination shoot-off that included an obstacle course and having to shoot a handgun, short-barrel AR, and a sniper rifle, Tony emerged as the winner. I had the privildge of being amongst friends and family that joined Tony at the ETU Finale Party hosted by Sealed Mindset Training Facility in New Hope. We had the priviledge of getting to watch the finale before it was aired. It was a good time and the applause as Tony took the final winning shot was deafening. After the showing, a Outdoor Channel Representative presented Tony with a check for $10,000. The Representative then presented a $100,000 check to Tony and Minneapolis Police Chief Janeé Harteau. KSTP Channel 5 was present and will be doing a piece on tonight's newscast.

-=VILLY=-

Postby Hoot on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Makes me very proud. Hopefully, they don't piddle away the departmental prize money on some politically correct project.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Lights on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Nice job Tony!
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby unknown on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm

Is the show available online?
Amat Victoria Curam
unknown

Postby river_boater on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Hoot wrote:Makes me very proud. Hopefully, they don't piddle away the departmental prize money on some politically correct project.

Hoot

I think they need an armored personnel carrier, or maybe a tank. How about a bunch of HMMWV's, we can't have them serving warrants in a Crown Vic, now can we?
river_boater

Postby Hoot on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:08 am

river_boater wrote:
Hoot wrote:Makes me very proud. Hopefully, they don't piddle away the departmental prize money on some politically correct project.

Hoot

I think they need an armored personnel carrier, or maybe a tank. How about a bunch of HMMWV's, we can't have them serving warrants in a Crown Vic, now can we?

A return to Crown Vics was a lot better than the Chevy Cavaliers and Pontiac Sunbirds they were using during the "austere" years.

We just took delivery of a Lenco Bearcat (quasi APC) on Monday. We're currently laying out and installing the comm gear and other electronic equipment on it before it goes into service. At half a million, that $100K would make a down payment on one. :|

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bstrawse on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:02 am

Hoot wrote:
river_boater wrote:

Hoot

A return to Crown Vics was a lot better than the Chevy Cavaliers and Pontiac Sunbirds they were using during the "austere" years.

We just took delivery of a Lenco Bearcat (quasi APC) on Monday. We're currently laying out and installing the comm gear and other electronic equipment on it before it goes into service. At half a million, that $100K would make a down payment on one. :|

Hoot

That's so much better than that aged workhorse you guys were using before. I hope you put that thing out to pasture once the bearcat is up and running.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby damian_mb on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am

Grats Tony! great PTC instructor as well. I'll take his class again anyday. :D
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby -=VILLY=- on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:34 am

Here is a link to the MPD's Facebook posting of Tony Caspers win on Elite Tactical Unit.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/minneapo ... 2432118071
-=VILLY=-

Next

Return to General Gun Chat