BPR - No rifles on Saturdays

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

BPR - No rifles on Saturdays

Postby cgrant26 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Like the title says, BPR is pistol-only on Saturdays and OGC is closed to the public. Any quick suggestions on where else to go shoot AR's in the twin cities today? Backups are Bills and Gander but I'm not real fond of either.
cgrant26

Re: BPR - No rifles on Saturdays

Postby The Lance on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 pm

Bills circle pines and bills robbinsdale
I'm not down with the republican party, or the democratic party. I represent the MI6
The Lance

Postby FJ540 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Is robbinsdale open again? They had a fan shaft go kaput earlier this week.
FJ540

Postby norman426 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:05 pm

According to bills facespace robbinsdale is open

If ya feel like a drive head over to Hudson rod and gun, they are close at 4 though
norman426

Postby cgrant26 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I wound up going to Bills in Hudson, which had a nice side benefit. Stopped at the Fleet Farm in Hudson on the way and managed to score a 200 round pack of Remington UMC 223 for $90. They just got them in and hadn't put them out on the floor yet. I'm happy I got to shoot without depleting any of my stock. :D
cgrant26

Postby XDM45 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 am

I saw a kid with an AR15 in .22LR at BPR yesterday. Roger said the rimfire rifles are ok in pistol caliber, just no centerfire rifles. there's a DNR page which lists the various ranges around the state, I'd check that. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/shooting_ran ... anges.html

I've never been to Metro, maybe there? Bill's has a lot of rifle action going on, but I've boycotted the range portion of the place for the bad air quality and the full autos left behind the firing line along with the rent-a-boomstick crowd which is also behind the firing line as well; so I can't recommend Bill's in good conscious for shooting at, but I like their gun selection and a couple of their employees at the Robbinsdale location have always treated me well, so no disrespect to them is held in my opinion of Bill's range portion. the shop is fine by me. Great gunsmith there too.

From my understanding of it, the rifle range at BPR is really meant for sighting in your rifle only so you're ready for hunting season, not practicing with it, and when they expanded their space to include the rifle range, doing so put them in a new tax bracket because businesses are taxed on space used. (Yes, there's other taxes too, just only talking about that one here.)

Check that link and hopefully you'll find some place good to go for next time....unless you want to go to Bill's again.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Return to General Gun Chat