Minnesota Militia(s)?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Militia(s)?

Postby Collector1337420 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm

The national guard doesn't really count as the "militia" since it is controlled by the establishment.

A militia must be comprised of and totally controlled by us regular folk.

The national guard is good for if we're invaded, but if we actually have to form our own militia, the national guard is who we might have to fight against... that is if they're stupid enough to take orders from the oppressive establishment instead of the people themselves.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby Username000 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 pm

340PD wrote:I don't think the national guard counts since "ultimately" they are controlled by the president. Sort of tough to have a militia that will stand up for the people and the state when they are given their orders by the president.

People of MN - "Guard, go take back our government for the people"
MN National Guard - "ok"
MN National Guard in DC - "Ah we are here on behalf of the state and people of MN to take back the government"
President - "No, go away"
National Guard - "Ah, gee, ok"
National Guard - "Um, sorry MN but we tried but he said no and he kinda outranks you and he was kinda mean about it"

I certainly do not think the National Guard qualifies as "civilian militia".
http://darkiceco.webs.com
T-Shirts, Cool Dogtag Necklaces, Tech/Computer Services,
Advertising Services, and much more!
Username000

Postby minnhawk on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Collector: I know you didn't intentionally want to insult the several tens of thousands of us who have served in the Minnesota National Guard by inferring that the Red Bulls would "go to war" against their fellow Minnesotans. If the governor "calls out the guard" to help tornado or flood or fire victims, we go. If he calls us out to regain control of the capitol grounds from rioters or protestors or hooligans, we will go, but we're not going to "Kent State" anyone. If he calls us out to round up owners of guns on a house-to-house search, that ain't gonna happen. We will not turn on our neighbors or follow illegal orders. If you and some mis-guided tin hat types get all crazy and form up some kind of nut case militia, we'll probably have to come out and deal with you, but it'll just piss us off because we'd rather be mowing our lawn or going to a Twins game.

Our infantry captains are farmers and teachers, mechanics and deputy sheriffs. Our majors came up from the ranks of our captains, and the LTCs and full colonels the same. Some of us were regular army before we joined the guard, some of us joined right out of high school; thousands of us fought in the Gulf and Afghanistan. We are local Minnesotans, Iowans, and Dakotans. We are your next door neighbor, your mailman, your banker, your produce manager at the grocery store. The establishment doesn't control us because WE control us.

We do not answer to the President, even though the President "federalized" us and sent us off to that crazy SW Asian war. We will also not march on Washington, but we will defend both our country and our State. We have the keys to Camp Ripley and every armory in the state. As individual guardsmen and veterans, we ARE the militia. Join us when it comes time to defend our constitutional rights and our state.
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Username000 wrote:
340PD wrote:I don't think the national guard counts since "ultimately" they are controlled by the president. Sort of tough to have a militia that will stand up for the people and the state when they are given their orders by the president.

MN National Guard - "ok"
MN National Guard in DC - "Ah we are here on behalf of the state and people of MN to take back the government"
National Guard - "Um, sorry MN but we tried but he said no and he kinda outranks you and he was kinda mean about it"

Maybe you two d-bags should start your own club, seems like a match made in heaven... secret handshake and all.

Mod note: personal attack .....warning issued
Last edited by ttousi on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: warning
yuppiejr

Postby bensdad on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 pm

AFTERMATH wrote:In trying to come up with a witty line of my own to post here, I suddenly realized that I was on this thread way too long...
Oh, crap! Here come the helicopters!

... but not long enough to come up with something witty. :P
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby Username000 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 pm

yuppiejr wrote:
Username000 wrote:

MN National Guard - "ok"

Maybe you two d-bags should start your own club, seems like a match made in heaven... secret handshake and all.

No need to throw a hissy fit over my opinion.
http://darkiceco.webs.com
T-Shirts, Cool Dogtag Necklaces, Tech/Computer Services,
Advertising Services, and much more!
Username000

Postby XDM45 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Username000 wrote:No need to throw a hissy fit over my opinion.

That's normal around here.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

20mm wrote:
photogpat wrote:*waves at FBI watching this thread now*
Hey guys!

Please wait, your comment has been archived for review. The next field agent available will review your comment after they return form an undercover mission involving hookers n' blow.

If you read the news at all, you'd know that last part is wrong -- the Secret Service handles that.
Pat Cannon

Postby Collector1337420 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 pm

minnhawk wrote:Collector: I know you didn't intentionally want to insult the several tens of thousands of us who have served in the Minnesota National Guard by inferring that the Red Bulls would "go to war" against their fellow Minnesotans. If the governor "calls out the guard" to help tornado or flood or fire victims, we go. If he calls us out to regain control of the capitol grounds from rioters or protestors or hooligans, we will go, but we're not going to "Kent State" anyone. If he calls us out to round up owners of guns on a house-to-house search, that ain't gonna happen. We will not turn on our neighbors or follow illegal orders. If you and some mis-guided tin hat types get all crazy and form up some kind of nut case militia, we'll probably have to come out and deal with you, but it'll just piss us off because we'd rather be mowing our lawn or going to a Twins game.

Our infantry captains are farmers and teachers, mechanics and deputy sheriffs. Our majors came up from the ranks of our captains, and the LTCs and full colonels the same. Some of us were regular army before we joined the guard, some of us joined right out of high school; thousands of us fought in the Gulf and Afghanistan. We are local Minnesotans, Iowans, and Dakotans. We are your next door neighbor, your mailman, your banker, your produce manager at the grocery store. The establishment doesn't control us because WE control us.

We do not answer to the President, even though the President "federalized" us and sent us off to that crazy SW Asian war. We will also not march on Washington, but we will defend both our country and our State. We have the keys to Camp Ripley and every armory in the state. As individual guardsmen and veterans, we ARE the militia. Join us when it comes time to defend our constitutional rights and our state.

I'm glad to hear that you won't follow orders to come door to door, it's very reassuring, but you don't need to cry like I was trying to offend guardsmen because you know I wasn't.

Thanks for marginalizing and demonizing me just because I believe in the right for we regular folks to organize a militia, just in case the National Guard turns out to be a pawn for the establishment.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby Greg on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 pm

The whole question of Federal control of the MN National Guard was settled by US vs Perpich; they come under Federal control.

They are not civilian militia, I'm not sure what, if anything, is.

No insult, and lots of credit and honor to the MN National Guard.
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby MaryB on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm

What if it is time to march on Washington to toss out a government turned rogue? They are very close to that now.

minnhawk wrote:Collector: I know you didn't intentionally want to insult the several tens of thousands of us who have served in the Minnesota National Guard by inferring that the Red Bulls would "go to war" against their fellow Minnesotans. If the governor "calls out the guard" to help tornado or flood or fire victims, we go. If he calls us out to regain control of the capitol grounds from rioters or protestors or hooligans, we will go, but we're not going to "Kent State" anyone. If he calls us out to round up owners of guns on a house-to-house search, that ain't gonna happen. We will not turn on our neighbors or follow illegal orders. If you and some mis-guided tin hat types get all crazy and form up some kind of nut case militia, we'll probably have to come out and deal with you, but it'll just piss us off because we'd rather be mowing our lawn or going to a Twins game.

MaryB

Postby peckerhead on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Anyone who thinks for a second that our police and military won't turn on us has forgotten about the Milgram obedience study, and the Stanford prison experiment. If the order to go pick up the guns is given, you think those soldiers and officers are going to risk their own asses by defying it out of some sense of duty? You're out of your mind. Look at what happened during Katrina.
They'll do as they're told, probably to a man.
peckerhead

Postby Collector1337420 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 pm

peckerhead wrote:Anyone who thinks for a second that our police and military won't turn on us has forgotten about the Milgram obedience study, and the Stanford prison experiment. If the order to go pick up the guns is given, you think those soldiers and officers are going to risk their own asses by defying it out of some sense of duty? You're out of your mind. Look at what happened during Katrina.
They'll do as they're told, probably to a man.

Indeed.

Milgram's study and the Stanford prison experiment are excellent examples of how the majority of people will just follow orders. It also explains how things like the Holocaust can happen.

That's why I don't consider the National Guard the militia, because they are part of the establishment. They will be assisting in confiscation, not helping us prevent it, in all likelihood.

Collector1337420

Postby minnhawk on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 am

I can see that several of you have a rather large disconnect between your opinion and reality when it comes to your fellow citizens. So now the members of the Minnesota National Guard are Obama zombies who will follow orders blindly "to save their own asses" - from whom, I would ask?

Collector said:
"Thanks for marginalizing and demonizing me just because I believe in the right for we regular folks to organize a militia, just in case the National Guard turns out to be a pawn for the establishment."

Sounds like you are the one who is crying, and I've just begun to marginalizing your wimpy ass if you continue to insult your fellow Minnesotans who have pledged to uphold the constitution -- just so idiots like you can spout BS like this.

Go back to the basement and continue your paranoid plans to survive your fantasy "Red Dawn" scenarios. Let me know when you and your buddies are out mastering your small unit tactics for your "militia" -- that would be a real hoot to watch.

The only way a local militia could have an impact against any enemy of the citizens of Minnesota is if its ranks are filled with veterans and guardsmen.

Mod Note: Personal attack....warning issued
Last edited by ttousi on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: warning issued
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby MasonK on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 am

minnhawk wrote:So now the members of the Minnesota National Guard are Obama zombies...

Only because there is a Democrat in the White House. When Bush was there I recall that the Guard were Bush Zombies ready to enforce marshal law because he was going to declare himself President For Life and suspend the Constitution and the election in 2008. I also recall that this would be done by Bush 41 and Reagan. To be fair, this rhetoric was out there on the other side of the aisle during the Clinton years, too, and I'm sure it has been said for every President going back decades if not nearly two centuries.

So for the people that think there should be a state militia not affiliated with the Guard, who is their commander? You don't want them ultimately answering to the President, so is the Governor the CinC for your militia? Who runs it and makes the decision to mobilize? If Target Corp. bankrolled the militia, would you take orders from the CEO?

I'm not going to attack you, I just want to hear your designs on this matter. You're welcome to your opinion, but reasoned plans and ideas will get you more ground than spouting paranoia.

If you could design the system, how would you do it? What are the checks and balances?
MasonK

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat