Has everyone downloaded their gun today?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Has everyone downloaded their gun today?

Postby Username000 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm

jdege wrote:
Username000 wrote:I don't really care too much about the making of "zip guns" with it. I'm more excited about producing lower receivers.

Yep.
And how about holsters?
Fast-access pop-out hideouts, to fasten beneath your kitchen table, for when Russian mobsters invade and knock on your back? (I've never quite figured out how the hero always seemed to know, in advance, where he'd land, let alone that that was what the Russian mobsters were going to do, but it's the movies, so it has to be real...)

Have a little schizophrenic break there bud? LOL
http://darkiceco.webs.com
T-Shirts, Cool Dogtag Necklaces, Tech/Computer Services,
Advertising Services, and much more!
Username000

Postby BemidjiDweller on Mon May 06, 2013 5:20 pm

jdege wrote:I've never quite figured out how the hero always seemed to know, in advance, where he'd land, let alone that that was what the Russian mobsters were going to do, but it's the movies, so it has to be real...)

Thats easy, the "hero" has a pistol/shotgun/RPG under/in every chair, desk, counter, cabinet, fridge, oven and ceiling fan. It's common practice among the highly trained Tactical Gecko Unit.
BemidjiDweller

Postby AFTERMATH on Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm

BemidjiDweller wrote:
jdege wrote:I've never quite figured out how the hero always seemed to know, in advance, where he'd land, let alone that that was what the Russian mobsters were going to do, but it's the movies, so it has to be real...)

Thats easy, the "hero" has a pistol/shotgun/RPG under/in every chair, desk, counter, cabinet, fridge, oven and ceiling fan. It's common practice among the highly trained Tactical Gecko Unit.

If I was worried about the KGB - I'd sure as heck have a weapon in every crevice.
Yes, go ahead and read that one any way you'd like.
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Heffay wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:The firing pin is still metal.

The ammo is obviously still metal.

Hardly, "undetectable" as they claim.

If you read the article, it explains why the firing pin is metal. Along with another cosmetic piece, made of metal for a very specific purpose.

Heck, we even talk about that in this thread! On THIS VERY PAGE! ;-)

That's the point. All over the news, Fox, MSNBC, et. al., are all claiming it's undetectable.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby Username000 on Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:
Heffay wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:The firing pin is still metal.

The ammo is obviously still metal.

Hardly, "undetectable" as they claim.

If you read the article, it explains why the firing pin is metal. Along with another cosmetic piece, made of metal for a very specific purpose.

Heck, we even talk about that in this thread! On THIS VERY PAGE! ;-)

That's the point. All over the news, Fox, MSNBC, et. al., are all claiming it's undetectable.

Well that's their job, to misinform.
http://darkiceco.webs.com
T-Shirts, Cool Dogtag Necklaces, Tech/Computer Services,
Advertising Services, and much more!
Username000

Postby jdege on Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 am

Username000 wrote:Well that's their job, to misinform.

The function of government is to provide you with service; the function of the media is to supply the Vaseline - L. Neil Smith
jdege

Postby Heffay on Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 am

Username000 wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:That's the point. All over the news, Fox, MSNBC, et. al., are all claiming it's undetectable.

Well that's their job, to misinform.

It is undetectable, unless you take very specific and unnecessary steps to make it detectable.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby JustPlainT on Tue May 07, 2013 9:00 am

Would a plastic firing pin work in this design? I don't believe the plans include a firing pin because of the use of a nail.
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby Nalez on Tue May 07, 2013 1:25 pm

I can find lots of blueprints to many common firearms on the Internet (heck, http://www.firearmblueprints.net/) How is that any different than what these folks are providing?
Nalez

Postby scarletvw on Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Nalez wrote:I can find lots of blueprints to many common firearms on the Internet (heck, http://www.firearmblueprints.net/) How is that any different than what these folks are providing?

Because this is now a proven design to work with almost all materials being plastic. Those other blueprints aren't going to work if you make them out of all plastic.
scarletvw

Postby plink on Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 pm

With how new the technology still is it'll be interesting to see where it's at in 5-10 years. They'll clamp down on all this somehow, just for the fact that you won't need to buy much made of any printable material anymore. Salad bowl? Print. Toys for the kids? Print. The retail market in general could get shifted pretty fast.

As for where it's at now. An AR you made in your easy-bake oven that breaks in half after five rounds is basically an episode of 'Pimp My Zipgun'.
plink

Postby Nalez on Tue May 07, 2013 9:08 pm

scarletvw wrote:
Nalez wrote:I can find lots of blueprints to many common firearms on the Internet (heck, http://www.firearmblueprints.net/) How is that any different than what these folks are providing?

Because this is now a proven design to work with almost all materials being plastic. Those other blueprints aren't going to work if you make them out of all plastic.

_almost_ all the materials being plastic; as the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 already disallows all the materials from being plastic. So is it simply that the manufacturing process is more accessible? It seems as folks are trying to create an issue where there is not one. This has been possible with CNC machines for years.
Nalez

Postby scarletvw on Wed May 08, 2013 6:35 am

Nalez wrote:
scarletvw wrote:

_almost_ all the materials being plastic; as the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 already disallows all the materials from being plastic. So is it simply that the manufacturing process is more accessible? It seems as folks are trying to create an issue where there is not one. This has been possible with CNC machines for years.

It seems it’s all about accessibility and concealability. Whereas on a CNC machine you can make one hell of a nice project out of metal or derlin I suppose, the 3D printers allow cheap, concealable, virtually undetectable (if made outside of the law) weapons that could be used for crimes and you could essentially melt the evidence or use them to bypass standard means of detection.

I think it may be a huge issue temporarily and then maybe die off until one is used in a crime, then we'll be looking at the whole thing getting blown out of proportion again.
scarletvw

Postby Evad on Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am

Collector1337420 wrote:That's the point. All over the news, Fox, MSNBC, et. al., are all claiming it's undetectable.

Ever held a Glock? They used to say they could pass right through a metal detector on the news, and on Die Hard ;)
Evad

Postby Heffay on Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 am

scarletvw wrote:I think it may be a huge issue temporarily and then maybe die off until one is used in a crime, then we'll be looking at the whole thing getting blown out of proportion again.

It may end up being a huge issue. The question is "how many crimes are prevented by having metal detectors, which makes bringing a gun not worth the risk"?

And of course, that depends on the crime itself and the level of motivation of the criminal. And if there are alternative ways to detect these guns.

This really does have a good chance of impacting a *lot* of things.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat