Has everyone downloaded their gun today?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Has everyone downloaded their gun today?

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 am

Heffay wrote:The Liberator is pointless like this is pointless:

Obviously nothing will ever come of it.

No, there is already a better mousetrap. The liberator is not an advancement from 1950s zip guns. In fact, it is worse - you need a $12k printer to make one.
Ron Burgundy

Postby NMRMN on Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:No, there is already a better mousetrap. The liberator is not an advancement from 1950s zip guns. In fact, it is worse - you need a $12k printer to make one.

You are still focused on the piece of plastic. The revolution is the distributive technology, the inability for governments to control information, technology, tools, etc. -- it illustrates the reversibility of collusive monopoly.

The printer technology will catch up, and demand will drive prices down.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 am

NMRMN wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:No, there is already a better mousetrap. The liberator is not an advancement from 1950s zip guns. In fact, it is worse - you need a $12k printer to make one.

You are still focused on the piece of plastic. The revolution is the distributive technology, the inability for governments to control information, technology, tools, etc. -- it illustrates the reversibility of collusive monopoly.

The printer technology will catch up, and demand will drive prices down.

So, you can't find directions for a zip gun on the Internet already? I've never looked but I remember in jr. High it was cool to go find the Anarchists Cookbook. If that was/is available, surely zip gun instructions are out there.

But I think we're both in agreement that it seems silly for the gubmint to seize or try to restrict this. After all, aren't you allowed to manufacture firearms for our personal use?
Ron Burgundy

Postby NMRMN on Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:So, you can't find directions for a zip gun on the Internet already? I've never looked but I remember in jr. High it was cool to go find the Anarchists Cookbook. If that was/is available, surely zip gun instructions are out there.

True. Perhaps this should be looked at more as a major development in and proof of the 'revolutionary' technology itself -- the internet, the 3d printers and so on. It emphasizes this point.

Ron Burgundy wrote:But I think we're both in agreement that it seems silly for the gubmint to seize or try to restrict this. After all, aren't you allowed to manufacture firearms for our personal use?

It is silly, given the nature of the internet, and morally wrong, if you subscribe a libertarian philosophy. And I do believe you are allowed to manufacture firearms of some type or another to a limited extent. For more info I would contact the ATF or research their website. I understand the 'liberator' itself is illegal to manufacture.

...for now, if you are not a registered FFL/SOT:

1. DO NOT print a completely polymer firearm capable of firing a bullet (barrel inserts or no), as you will likely create anNFA regulated firearm. Specifically, you will likely create an AOW zip gun.

2.DO NOT print a completely polymer firearm capable of firing a bullet (barrel inserts or no), as you will likely violate the so-called Undetectable Firearms Act.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
Member GOA | GOCRA | NRA
NMRMN

Postby jdege on Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:So, you can't find directions for a zip gun on the Internet already? I've never looked but I remember in jr. High it was cool to go find the Anarchists Cookbook. If that was/is available, surely zip gun instructions are out there.

Given that an ordinary piece of plumbing pipe makes a better barrel than anyon is ever going to make out of extruded plastic, or sintered aluminum or tin, for that matter, I think the obsession over making the whole gun out of plastic is misplaced.

Consider this:

I think it would be quite feasible to start with a pair of 3/4" pipe nipples, and a couple of nails for the hammers, and build the rest out of plastic. And the result would be a far more effective weapon.
jdege

Postby Collector1337420 on Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 pm

http://www.amazon.com/The-Anarchist-Coo ... 1607965232

$17, free shipping over $25.

Although reviews say most the good stuff has been edited out. Gotta find an old edition preferably from the 70's.
Last edited by Collector1337420 on Sat May 11, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby jdege on Sat May 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Anarchist-Cookbook-William-Powell/dp/1607965232

And make sure you talk to a competent organic chemist, before you try any of their recipes. There's a deplorable lack of discussion of basic safety precautions in that book...
jdege

Postby Username000 on Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-Anarchist-Cookbook-William-Powell/dp/1607965232

Although reviews say most the good stuff has been edited out. Gotta find an old edition preferably from the 70's.

You can find uncensored versions of it all over the place online.
http://darkiceco.webs.com
T-Shirts, Cool Dogtag Necklaces, Tech/Computer Services,
Advertising Services, and much more!
Username000

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat