Fun times

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Fun times

Postby timwarner on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 am

After I got divorced, I lost interest in shooting, but I have been out a couple times to shoot, just out of boredom or someone wanted to shoot one of my guns.

Yesterday, I went out with a friend to sight in 2 of his AR-15s and I figured I would bring a couple along as well.

Damn, it's kinda fun. He says "how come you don't shoot these more?" when he try mine out. Yeah, why don't I?

I'm not quite back into being interested in USPSA anymore, but at least it's a step.

On top of that, he took me to Destiny Cafe for pho, which was awesome, and introduce me to baby coconut. Drink the milk and eat the soft/sweet coconut on the inside. Awesome desert after a very spicy bowl of pho.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Re: Fun times

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:56 am

Welcome back. Getting your hobby interests back, is a great step forward.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ron Burgundy on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 am

Sounds like fun. I hope your interest returns. Your posts here & work at OGC was what drove me to try USPSA.
Ron Burgundy

Postby bstrawse on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:10 am

timwarner wrote:After I got divorced, I lost interest in shooting, but I have been out a couple times to shoot, just out of boredom or someone wanted to shoot one of my guns.

Yesterday, I went out with a friend to sight in 2 of his AR-15s and I figured I would bring a couple along as well.

Damn, it's kinda fun. He says "how come you don't shoot these more?" when he try mine out. Yeah, why don't I?

I'm not quite back into being interested in USPSA anymore, but at least it's a step.

On top of that, he took me to Destiny Cafe for pho, which was awesome, and introduce me to baby coconut. Drink the milk and eat the soft/sweet coconut on the inside. Awesome desert after a very spicy bowl of pho.

Welcome back!

What are some recommendations for good Pho? I'm on vacation this week and want to experiment ;-)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby CarRacer on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 am

Glad you're starting to remember what was fun.

I got burnt out on racing and have found enjoyment with a more laid back racing schedule now that I'm older and have different priorities. It's still fun to do, just not fun to do all the time. Hope your hobby treats you well.
CarRacer

Postby timwarner on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

bstrawse wrote:
timwarner wrote:After I got divorced, I lost interest in shooting, but I have been out a couple times to shoot, just out of boredom or someone wanted to shoot one of my guns.

Welcome back!

What are some recommendations for good Pho? I'm on vacation this week and want to experiment ;-)
B

Depends, viet or hmong... Pho ca dao on uni is good hmong, Hue Tao across the street is good viet. Destiny2 Cafe is my new favorite. They have all the standard fixings, plus a lot of the hmong fixings, but still a good clear broth. 6.50 for a bowl big enough to feed 2.
There's also Vietnam star in maplewood by the mall that is the best viet pho I've had, outside of home made.
Tim
USPSA club MN07
http://ipsc.krok.us
timwarner

Postby DaZhi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:06 am

My favorite on Nicollet is Pho Tau Bay. The beef stew is killer. Karta Thai in NE has my new favorite soup though. Rich and almost buttery tasting darker broth.

Any broth that turns into jello in the fridge from collagen can't be bad.
DaZhi

Postby wrench on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Hey Tim, welcome back! Nice to see you around again...
I like the Pho at Than Truc in Woodbury, but I can't say I'm an expert.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby FJ540 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Can we move the 1st Wed lunch? Damn, this thread is making me hungry for pho! :lol:
FJ540

Postby Shipyard on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Nice to see you around here again Tim! hope you are well!

:D
i do what i can, where i'm needed, and i ask so little in return. i'm a true humanitarian fueled by rainbows and whiskey. you should be so lucky to know me...

Shipyard wrote:no kidding. that guy gets banned from here more than i quit this place :lol:
Shipyard

Postby Heffay on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Welcome back Tim! You were missed!
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby thunderoussilence on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:04 am

Ya never ask me to go.

:gun:
thunderoussilence

Return to General Gun Chat