Need help.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Re: Need help.

Postby goett047 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Mormprepr wrote:Thank you to those that are trying to help. I don't know why but I figured the gun forum here would be less hostile/full of pompous ass clowns than in my home state. I will be there mid sept. so i dont believe the deer season law would effect me. And as far as needing an AR, the property is miles from any other houses let alone towns. The last time my uncle was up there he said there was bear scat everywhere and they saw several moose. I don't know about you operators, but I'd rather have an AR with at least a 30rnd mag if yogi or bull winkle decide to drop in and take offense to me being on their turf.

I'd rather have a 12ga than a peashooter
goett047

Postby Mormprepr on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 pm

goett047 wrote:
Mormprepr wrote:Thank you to those that are trying to help. I don't know why but I figured the gun forum here would be less hostile/full of pompous ass clowns than in my home state. I will be there mid sept. so i dont believe the deer season law would effect me. And as far as needing an AR, the property is miles from any other houses let alone towns. The last time my uncle was up there he said there was bear scat everywhere and they saw several moose. I don't know about you operators, but I'd rather have an AR with at least a 30rnd mag if yogi or bull winkle decide to drop in and take offense to me being on their turf.

I'd rather have a 12ga than a peashooter

That'd work too, I just meant instead of my pistol.
Mormprepr

Re: Need help.

Postby Scratch on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Scratch wrote: ... People here love to start arguments.

See what I mean...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby minnhawk on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Bullwinkles are getting pretty scarce in NE Minnesota. The herd's numbers are plummeting for a variety of reasons. I think it is very cool your uncle has several around his property, and I hope you get to see one in the wild. However, "Ranger Rick" (DNR) and most of the Arrowhead's population will beat you silly 'bout the head if you shoot a moose and claim personal defense. Moose cannot sneak up on you, so stay aware, and stay far enough way so as not to upset any bullwinkles. Their numbers are hanging on by a thread. Just sayin'. And have a great trip. I can't think of a better time of the year to be up in that part of the woods.

As far as Bugging out, there are talkers, and then there are doers. Doers don't tend to talk about it.....
Eleven-Bravo, 1/4 INF, 3ID
minnhawk

Postby goett047 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 pm

minnhawk wrote:Bullwinkles are getting pretty scarce in NE Minnesota. The herd's numbers are plummeting for a variety of reasons. I think it is very cool your uncle has several around his property, and I hope you get to see one in the wild. However, "Ranger Rick" (DNR) and most of the Arrowhead's population will beat you silly 'bout the head if you shoot a moose and claim personal defense. Moose cannot sneak up on you, so stay aware, and stay far enough way so as not to upset any bullwinkles. Their numbers are hanging on by a thread. Just sayin'. And have a great trip. I can't think of a better time of the year to be up in that part of the woods.

As far as Bugging out, there are talkers, and then there are doers. Doers don't tend to talk about it.....

This is a worthy post
goett047

Postby Mormprepr on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 pm

minnhawk wrote:Bullwinkles are getting pretty scarce in NE Minnesota. The herd's numbers are plummeting for a variety of reasons. I think it is very cool your uncle has several around his property, and I hope you get to see one in the wild. However, "Ranger Rick" (DNR) and most of the Arrowhead's population will beat you silly 'bout the head if you shoot a moose and claim personal defense. Moose cannot sneak up on you, so stay aware, and stay far enough way so as not to upset any bullwinkles. Their numbers are hanging on by a thread. Just sayin'. And have a great trip. I can't think of a better time of the year to be up in that part of the woods.

I would like to see some mega fauna, and I'm no newb to the outdoors, so I plan on keeping my distance from any dangerous critters. That being said this is a gun forum... The reason most responsible gun owners carry is "just in case". Same situation here. I realize that bears and moose aren't blood thirsty man hunters, and hopefully all the construction/ land clearing noise we'll be making will keep them at a far distance. But animals are animals, they don't always act rationally.

As far as as bugging out, I don't mind talking about my ideas on prepping and some of what I have. The property we're working on is eventually going to be my uncles home, not just a bug out location. But right now it's just a large patch of wilderness surrounded by other large patches of wilderness for several miles.
Mormprepr

Postby hunterfreakhd on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:15 pm

You should try snipe hunting.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby Mormprepr on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:33 pm

hunterfreakhd wrote:You should try snipe hunting.

I've bagged my limit on pompous douches on this thread. Can I still take a snipe?
Mormprepr

Postby hunterfreakhd on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Mormprepr wrote:

I've bagged my limit on pompous douches on this thread. Can I still take a snipe?

I don't think the saints of the latter like that last post.
"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent
http://www.outdoortrader.net
hunterfreakhd

Postby goett047 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 am

Mormprepr wrote:

He said, admitting to trolling
goett047

Postby Dakotared on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm

There are some really good guys and gals on this forum, you just have to weed out the good form the bad. Most of the good do not post much. Do not let a few drive you off.
Dakotared

Postby Dante on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm

While I was not a witness, I do know someone who did have to kill a moose in self-defense and the DNR, after inspecting the scene, signed off on it. It may be extremely rare, but it can happen.
Dante

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Dante wrote:

While I was not a witness, I do know someone who did have to kill a moose in self-defense and the DNR, after inspecting the scene, signed off on it. It may be extremely rare, but it can happen.

When I was growing up brainworm hit them hard. Made them crazy. DNR asked us to put a couple down. Sad, not the way those creatures should have to go out.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat