Remington website

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Remington website

Postby LumberZach on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 am

Hey all,

I know it has been discussed, but Remington's website still won't hardly work for me. It has been about 10 months and I can barely get any information out of the site and I am wondering if anyone ever figured out what it's all about. Searching around and there are topics all around on different site's about how it won't load for people but it never seems to come back. Just wondering guys.
LumberZach

Re: Remington website

Postby Thunderjohn on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 am

Just checked and it seems ok.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby infidel on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:48 am

Works for me using Google Chrome as a browser.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby dleong on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 pm

If it "won't hardly work" for you, it must mean you're able to access the site just fine, right? :mrgreen:

Just kidding... the site seems to come up fine for me (using Firefox v.21). Perhaps your ISP is blocking/filtering the site?
dleong

Postby LumberZach on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Wow I feel dumb. I just "diagnosed the connection issue" and it didn't come up with anything, but it works now. Trying to do some research and have been having issues with this for several months now.
LumberZach

Postby JustinPo on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:21 pm

LumberZach wrote:Wow I feel dumb. I just "diagnosed the connection issue" and it didn't come up with anything, but it works now. Trying to do some research and have been having issues with this for several months now.

Is it only with remington's website or a few websites but not all? Are you connecting with a VPN to the internet or use an IP/MAC ananomizer?
JustinPo

Postby LumberZach on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:02 am

It has only been Remington's website for me. Nothing else acts up like it does. I was cruising around it yesterday and occasionally it wouldn't connect again, but hitting the diagnose connection problem seems to keep it working.
LumberZach

Postby Kytann on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:15 am

Probably a caching problem with your browser.
Kytann

Postby rockcreek on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Remington has one of the worst websites of all the big manufacturers, are you sure it wasn't working as designed?
rockcreek

Return to General Gun Chat