Stopped at a Tennessee gun shop on a road trip

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Stopped at a Tennessee gun shop on a road trip

Postby CarRacer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 am

My wife and I took a cross country road trip and while heading back home this week I saw a sign for a gun store just off the highway in Tennessee, so we stopped. It was called the Outpost Armory and it was a pretty decent size, the showroom was probably a quarter larger than Arnzen. They stocked reloading stuff as well, had a bunch of presses bolted to the counter for customers to get hands on with.

I don't know why but they stocked 5 different brands of 338 Lapua ammo, and multiple boxes of each. Here's all the Federal they had.

They had a bunch of pistols and long guns on the shelves, here's the SBRs they had.

They also had a bunch of suppressors on display as well, it was kind of weird seeing them on a shelf as you obviously don't ever see that in Minnesota.

Overall it was a fun detour to stop in and stretch our legs at, the staff was friendly and the eye candy made me drool a bit. I didn't walk out with anything aside from the pictures, but I'm still glad I went.
CarRacer

Re: Stopped at a Tennessee gun shop on a road trip

Postby Eleanor08 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm

What did the ammo situation look like?
Eleanor08

Re: Stopped at a Tennessee gun shop on a road trip

Postby CarRacer on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 pm

They had a metric boat load of ammo there and I don't think there were any bare spots on the shelves but the prices were all jacked up, so that may explain it. Overall the prices seemed pretty high on everything (G17 mag was $40, case of 5.56 was $600) except for reloading stuff.
CarRacer

Return to General Gun Chat