None of thier business

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

None of thier business

Postby connsolo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:48 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
connsolo wrote:Offensive? Intrusive? None of their business? Sure. But anyone who has a kid in public school knows that there are a ton of moron mouth breathing parents out there who smoke around their kids, leave the booze cabinet open, or keep a pistol under the pillow where the kid can get it. It happens. Those morons need a reminder not to do that. Im not talking about your or I. I'm talking about all those millions of dipsh*ts out there you don't associate with who have kids. Kids who go to school with your kid and might think it's cool to bring the 22 under the sofa cushion to school. Yes it is revolting that a parent would leave a gun within reach of a kid. They're horrible people who should be sterilized. But since we can't kick them all in the nutz until they get it, school will ask. They need someone to help pay their rent, they need someone to help feed and clothe them, and they need someone to tell them to keep their heater locked up. Just the times we live in.

There is no need to add the "but". In my opinion, the government, through whichever branch, arm, department or method cannot fix the bad brained people who are undoubtedly populating this country and procreating. Are there idiots who make the mistakes you point out above -YES - is it governments job to shepard all the idiots so they don't hurt themselves or create and environment that might - "might" harm thier children - HELL NO. I'm tired of the notion that "if we can save just one life, its worth it" - because it isn't worth it. Accidents happen and people do stupid things - highly regrettable when that spills over to children, but not much you can do about it without assigning a government worker to each household to make sure the kids are being raised "appropriately" - whatever that means. I don't want to pay for that "parental" supervision - but I am - I don't want anymore costs to save the idiots added to my tab. You can't fix stupid and you also can't shelter individually from the hazzards of life.

Those idiots send their idiot kids to the same school your kids go to. In a perfect world nothing would ever annoy you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
connsolo

Re: None of thier business

Postby farmerj on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 pm

It's not just this topic.

Last year, a mother was mouthing off how someone needed to stop all trucks from being able to deliver around a school when it was at the beginning or ending of the day.

She felt it was inappropriate that a business would get a deliver 2 blocks from a school at 3 PM when school was getting out and the truck would block the road way for a whole 2 minutes while it was backing into the dock.

It just makes you wonder sometimes.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby tazdevil on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm

steve4102 wrote:When I go to the DR. and they give me a form to fill out, any form, I give my name and address, date and sign. Everything else is left blank.

It's mostly medical history and such, but there are inappropriate questions as well. When asked why I did not fill it out, I simply say, "You already have all that information and my medical history is in your Computer". "Look it up if need be".

What questions are inappropriate to you on the form? When someone does that, that comes in for a MRI, we are going to stop them and ask them if they have any of the listed implants (to date, thats about 50, and of those 50, there's about 2-300 seperate manufacturers with differing ways of making them-some safe, some very much not safe). Not answering, you will not get a MRI. Sorry for being blunt, but we don't want to kill or maim you in spite of yourself. Also, just because something does not attract to a magnet, does not mean it is safe. There's this wonderful effect called radiowave heating that occurs, and its pretty much instant when we start the imaging as well. Your freshly pierced body part your worried will close up if we remove the piercing? How will the freshly pierced area feel with a 2nd degree burn on it after about 30 seconds of your 45 min MRI?
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby Brunsi on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:22 am

my daughter was asked this question by her doctor when i was out of the room, so i asked how she replied, she told the doc it was none of their business, made me a very proud dad. the point is it is none of their business, doctors, schools or the governments. the time for being wishy washy is over just say what you feel is correct and if someone gets offended well to bad move on.
Brunsi

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat