Gun Show

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Gun Show

Postby tullibee on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:33 am

don't forget that someone might tape four quarters together and throw a dollar at your head :twisted: ... doesn't seem like a smile would be the appropriate return gesture! :)
tullibee

Re: Re: Gun Show

Postby MWAG on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:05 pm

photogpat wrote:I threw money at him and ran with a box of Girl Scout Crack.

That warranted a smile!

Yes, I saw him pimping them out. But having coworkers with scouts, my freezer is starting to look like a hoarders ammo shelf.

tullibee wrote:don't forget that someone might tape four quarters together and throw a dollar at your head :twisted: ... doesn't seem like a smile would be the appropriate return gesture! :)

I'd bet those $1 coins would hurt too
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby darthdahl on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:07 pm

That warranted a smile!

It was much the same for me...$9 for parking, $5 for admission to buy a $4 box of cookies from John. But on the bright side, I didn't have to get a background check for the Thin Mints...gotta love the 'gun show loophole'.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby Thunderjohn on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 pm

darthdahl wrote:

That warranted a smile!

It was much the same for me...$9 for parking, $5 for admission to buy a $4 box of cookies from John. But on the bright side, I didn't have to get a background check for the Thin Mints...gotta love the 'gun show loophole'.

Don't give them any ideas.
FFL - http://www.Southwest-Arms.com
God, Family, Business
Emails to SouthwestArms@Gmail.com
Thunderjohn

Postby JTapper on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Brought the kids out Sunday to see if anything caught my daughter's eye. She wanted a 10-22 with a purple stock. Go figure.

Walked out with a cleaning mat and bought the last three black AR mags John had on the table. Overall not a bad show.
JTapper

Postby LePetomane on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:43 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:
LePetomane wrote:I was thinking about going but how many Glocks can one look at. There is a fly fishing show this coming weekend. I have not tried it but it looks like a fun sport.

I am a novice...but you are correct, fly fishing is very fun...wear safety glasses ;)

It looks like fun. I may give it a whirl this summer in Wyoming or Idaho. That show looks like a lot of fun.

I hit the fly fishing show today. It was pretty interesting. A very gracious gentleman I met gave me a 30 minute casting lesson on a beautiful bamboo rod that he built himself. This guy was quite a character as well as a very skilled craftsman. There was another exhibit of live underwater insects there that was quite interesting.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby wrench on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Be careful, LePetomane, fly fishing is a terrible addiction... :twisted:
Years ago, I innocently took a mini fly fishing lesson, and bought a rod, reel, etc. Bought another one.
Maybe a third one???
Then it's the flies. Gosh, they cost $2-$4 apiece!
Took fly tying lessons. Bought a vise, thread, bobbins,needles, floss, fur, feathers, chenille, lead wire, copper wire. Mylar, eyeballs, beads, rubber legs, hooks, hooks, hooks, and more hooks. Fur stackers, dubbing needles, head cement,more fur, more feathers, more thread.
Now I can tie my own flies for only $6-$8 each! :?
Run, while you can.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby LePetomane on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 am

Wrench, It looks like a lot of fun. If I had the time for another hobby this would be it. I was in awe of the bamboo rod that the gentleman had made. After a while I was casting pretty well. He kept reminding me to let the rod do the work. Nice show and nice people.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat