Is the panic over?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Is the panic over?

Postby Dakotared on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:57 am

JJ wrote:
tenmilmag wrote:Recently I've heard... A City of Anoka LEO I know visited his buddy at Federal... The warehouse there is jam packed and they've cut back shifts? A Fed Ex driver I know tells me they don't have enough drivers to pick up at Federal and pallet loads are being delivered to residential addresses.

:rotf:

Sounds like the telephone game from kindergarten.

And ammo doesn't go out Fedex.

I've got some oceanside property in MN for sale, interested?

Is it Indian or arctic ocean side? if it is arctic I am not interested. Do not want to deal with the polar bears.
Dakotared

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 am

Dakotared wrote:
JJ wrote:
tenmilmag wrote:Recently I've heard... A City of Anoka LEO I know visited his buddy at Federal... The warehouse there is jam packed and they've cut back shifts? A Fed Ex driver I know tells me they don't have enough drivers to pick up at Federal and pallet loads are being delivered to residential addresses.

Is it Indian or arctic ocean side? if it is arctic I am not interested. Do not want to deal with the polar bears.

Oh okay. Them two Fed ex drivers must be on drugs. I forgot the know it alls know it all.
tenmilmag

Postby JJ on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 am

Dakotared wrote:

As a matter of fact, it just happens to be on the Indian side! You are in luck! 8-)

tenmilmag wrote:
Oh okay. Them two Fed ex drivers must be on drugs. I forgot the know it alls know it all.

Or they are just full of bovine excrement. :cogitating:
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:37 pm

My apologies if as it seems I was given misguided information.

Cheers
tenmilmag

Postby yuppiejr on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:52 pm

"Trust, but verify."
yuppiejr

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:22 pm

JJ wrote:

I don't know about FedEx personally, but UPS picks up at the Federal plant. We don't ship pallets of the stuff, but individual cases......lots and lots and lots of cases of ammo going out UPS to every freakin sporting goods store in the country.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Nougat on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:31 am

what if its not dhs but the 'elite' buying lead for 'insulation'?! got the idea while Toy shopping_ http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... m1OJRVOnQ8 :lol:
will I ever get .22lr for the nickels it cost me last summer, I'm new so I never got it for less :cry:

I am half serious though, it'd take a bunch to make a bunker.
Nougat

Postby ranger on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:58 am

Just noticed 1050 rounds of .22LR on Armslist for $65.00….or 6.2 cents a round. Not bad considering what guys were trying sell them for a few months back!
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby Nougat on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:32 pm

ranger wrote:Just noticed 1050 rounds of .22LR on Armslist for $65.00….or 6.2 cents a round. Not bad considering what guys were trying sell them for a few months back!

I saw somebody having 2 for 65$ each, are you sure?
Nougat

Postby ranger on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Nougat wrote:
ranger wrote:Just noticed 1050 rounds of .22LR on Armslist for $65.00….or 6.2 cents a round. Not bad considering what guys were trying sell them for a few months back!

Yes I'm sure, it was my listing! It was both boxes for $65.00 total and I sold them in two hours.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:47 pm

I bought my M&P Shield 9mm Friday night for $399 from my local dealer. And they also had plenty of 9mm in stock. So things are starting to get better for sure.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:53 pm

FF in Cambridge has lots of 223/5.56, also 9,40,45 7.62x39 and more. Also a shield 9 on the shelf for $429
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Mike_Ert on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 pm

I hate to see this thread slip quietly into the night so BTT. Also, for the first time since Sandy I found federal bulk packs at walmart this last week.
Mike_Ert

Postby infidel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Last employee I talked to at Federal in Anoka said no employee discount on rimfire. Meaning no rimfire sold to employees.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby MNGunner on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 am

ranger wrote:
Nougat wrote:

Yes I'm sure, it was my listing! It was both boxes for $65.00 total and I sold them in two hours.

You "noticed" your own listing? You must be "speshul"...
And yes, at that price it should sell quickly given that demand for 22LR obvioulsly still far exceeds supply.
MNGunner

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat