Potentially Expensive Mistake

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Expensive Mistake

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:27 am

UPS may have a record of what the box actually weighed when they received it. I remember when I did warehouse shipping if you under weighed something they would re-bill you for what it actually weighed. However I seem to also remember they wouldn't correct down, so if it weighed less then the sticker they may not have recorded the weight. Based on what you said about the tape though sounds like a warehouse guy screwed up and shipped the wrong number of boxes.
grimbeaver

Postby viper8u2 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 am

gun_fan111 wrote:If boxes came taped together with one shipping label you are probably out of luck. If each box has a label there is a chance you can get somewhere, but seems remote to me...

Counting 2,000 rounds before UPS leaves is not feasible, but maybe weighing it was an option?

That's a good idea, wish I would have thought of that.

I will remember for next time.

Thanks
viper8u2

Postby MNGunner on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

(I missed it, you had checked what UPS logged as the weight of the shipment...)
MNGunner

Postby CraigJS on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

And how would you know what 500 rounds, boxed would weigh? Unless you counted them.
CraigJS

Postby hard h2o on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:32 am

CraigJS wrote:And how would you know what 500 rounds, boxed would weigh? Unless you counted them.

Weigh 20 and multiply by 25
hard h2o

Re: Re: Expensive Mistake

Postby gun_fan111 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

hard h2o wrote:
CraigJS wrote:And how would you know what 500 rounds, boxed would weigh? Unless you counted them.

Weigh 20 and multiply by 25

Or just Google it

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby CraigJS on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:33 pm

OK...
CraigJS

Postby AFTERMATH on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 pm

gun_fan111 wrote:If boxes came taped together with one shipping label you are probably out of luck. If each box has a label there is a chance you can get somewhere, but seems remote to me...

Counting 2,000 rounds before UPS leaves is not feasible, but maybe weighing it was an option?

Contents of the package and completeness of the order are not UPS's responsibility.

When receiving a package -

1) Verify the condition of the package(assuming the pkg arrives in good, unopened condition there's no need to examine the contents)
2) Verify the number of pkgs matches the number of pkgs listed on the label and where you would sign(assuming you're signing for it).
3) If there are any issues with above - Get it worked out with the driver before accepting the package.

Once you've received the pkg - then verify the contents ASAP.
If there is anything wrong in this department - take it up with the vendor first. It should be on them to contact the shipping company if they know they sent it out. If they aren't helpful in this, then you can look further into the pkg trail(mostly to use as evidence to back your case).

I'm not sure where the legal liabilities lay, but any company worth their salt is gonna know that it's good business to assume that they have not made the sale until the customer is in possession of the product.

In this instance it does seem to complicate things - as it appears the package was left unattended on the door step.
It could have been two taped up packages, and a passer-by-er could have easily walked off with one. I'd ask the 'trusted driver' what he left. See what he says. If he left says he dropped off two separate pkgs - well you're really outta luck. Because somebody stole one and there's likely no way to find out. If this was the case you really can't blame anyone but yourself. You authorized your packages to be left unattended. By the way, the vendor if they want to fight it could easily and justifiably use that to deny your claim.

1000rds, is a lot to lose - I hope you find it!
RWVA Senior Instructor -- http://www.RWVA.org
AFTERMATH

Postby Kelor on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Nice Toe. ;)

This seems like a simple dispute. I bet everything will work out in the end.
Kelor

Re: Re: Expensive Mistake

Postby MWAG on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:13 pm

grimbeaver wrote:UPS may have a record of what the box actually weighed when they received it. I remember when I did warehouse shipping if you under weighed something they would re-bill you for what it actually weighed. However I seem to also remember they wouldn't correct down, so if it weighed less then the sticker they may not have recorded the weight. Based on what you said about the tape though sounds like a warehouse guy screwed up and shipped the wrong number of boxes.

Yes, if OP still has the tracking number (check your emails), you can get the delivery confirmation, which will have shipped weight on there
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby viper8u2 on Fri May 02, 2014 7:03 pm

**Update**

I wanted to wait until everything played out. I mentioned that I had contacted the seller during the weekend. They immediately replied back the following Monday and apologized. They had some other instances and said they would get me the rest of my order ASAP. They sent me a tracking number and I am happy to say that I received the rest of my order today.

Side note, My brother in TX also ordered and his shipment was lost from UPS and under investigation.. He had contacted them and they said they would ship him another order and take it up with UPS.

So my report is American Gun Wrangler is a stand up organization! My original post still stands as to count or figure out what you should be getting. It was my mistake for not counting when UPS was delivered.

For future reference, each box below contains 500 rounds.........

Mike
viper8u2

Postby Rodentman on Fri May 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Glad it finally worked out.
Rodentman

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri May 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Excellent news!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby tenmilmag on Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 am

Told you so. Worse than girls some times for sure :)
tenmilmag

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 04, 2014 8:08 am

So is this still an expensive mistake then? ;)
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat