Glock 42 Commercial on H2!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Glock 42 Commercial on H2!

Postby CarryCauseICan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

So I'm sitting hear watching a show on H2 (History channel) and the commercials come on. The wife and I start to discuss something (irrelevant), when I noticed this commercial! I had to rewind it to believe what I was seeing, and check what channel it was on again! Hope to see more like it on more channels! :D This is the extended cut.

http://youtu.be/c1_ajGMp3mk

(If this link doesn't work can someone fix it? Thanks)
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Re: Glock 42 Commercial on H2!

Postby Scratch on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm

What is it with Glock commercials and redheads....?

...not that I'm complaining, just commenting.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Tronster on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Definately need to see more gun ads like that.

No sensationalism or over dramatization.
No edgy/macho/far fetched angle.
Just an average person doing average person things throughout their day - who just happens to carry a gun.
Tronster

Postby MNGunner on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 am

For some reason I was expecting someone to snag the purse while she was at the table gossiping with her friend and even when she had her back turned at the yoga studio. :mrgreen:
I don't understand why they had her try to hit on the guy when he was still in the middle of aiming. They could have had her pick a better time to demonstrate more regard for gun safety, but I guess they were going for realism over anything else. :mrgreen:
MNGunner

Postby justinvan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 am

Scratch wrote:What is it with Glock commercials and redheads....?

...not that I'm complaining, just commenting.

Very well built redheads! Makes me want to buy a glock.... well maybe not a glock... but you get the point :D
justinvan

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 pm

Glock+Ginger=sold!

Sent from LG G2
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby FJ540 on Sat May 03, 2014 3:36 am

That's totally sexist, and glock should be ashamed of themselves. C'mon, do they really think .380 is all she's capable of handling?

She should've whipped out a 10mm at the range despite carrying around the .380 all day somewhere (like in her car). Magically producing the range bag at the end with the gun in it makes the implied narrative of her being an armed citizen fall apart. If she pulled it out of her holster at the range it would've cemented the concept, but they couldn't put their name on something in the frame to draw attention if she did that.

Let the flames begin! :roll:
FJ540

Postby 2in2out on Sat May 03, 2014 7:49 am

I like it! Two thumbs up for Glock!
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Citiot on Sat May 03, 2014 10:03 am

The scary thing is that cable and satellite providers can target commercials to specific boxes. You are likely on the "big data
list" as a gun enthusiast.

"...In Los Angeles, a 35-year-old female DirecTV subscriber with a cat might get a spot promoting cat food while the satellite provider would beam a car advertisement to her next door neighbor, a bachelor watching the same channel...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/2 ... 07487.html

So, it is entirely possible that you see a Glock commercial while your anti-gun neighbor sees a commercial for a housing subdivision with unicorns pharting rainbows and where "guns not allowed" signs act as force fields.

Citiot

Examples:
Citiot

Postby JTapper on Sat May 03, 2014 2:56 pm

My DirecTV boxes aren't connected to the internet/phone, so I wonder how my advertising might change if they were. I'm probably not going to find out.
JTapper

Postby Citiot on Sat May 03, 2014 3:43 pm

JTapper wrote:My DirecTV boxes aren't connected to the internet/phone, so I wonder how my advertising might change if they were. I'm probably not going to find out.

Doesn't have to be connected to the internet/phone. They know your name and address and then they target commercials to you.

Marketers know all about you.

Check this site out. https://aboutthedata.com

It was spot on for me. It knows my family income, my education, buying habits, travel habits, etc.

So, it is a simple matter for DirectTV to join your Name/Address to your data that's already known.

BTW, all of us here are probably on govt and marketing DBs as gun enthusiasts.
Citiot

Return to General Gun Chat