Suppressor, Second Amendment bills hearing scheduled!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Suppressor, Second Amendment bills hearing scheduled!

Postby hornswaggle on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Watching the replay now. So HM's best argument is that we shouldn't repeal the suppressor ban because the Federal gun regulations are under 'attack'?????
Kevin

Treat every gun as if it was loaded, Always control the muzzle, Know your target and what is beyond it...

Either you like bacon or you're wrong....
hornswaggle

Postby Kelor on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Heather's rebuttal at 4:30 hearing:

"No evidence that it (helps) as a hearing device"

She has also successfully distracted the conversation into a days allowed for background check issue.
Kelor

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:44 pm

Kelor wrote:I was just told they went back into session at 4:30 instead of 6:00. I bet most missed it.

Yep, I goofed. Arrived at the hearing room about 540; just as the last few GOCRA guys were packing up
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Kelor on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Now we are hearing from Representative Rosenthal that he wraps his dogs in orange tape whenever he hears a gun shot in the woods. Therefore, he doesn't want a suppressor so he can hear the sound easier. :roll:
Kelor

Postby 2in2out on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:59 pm

hornswaggle wrote:Watching the replay now. So HM's best argument is that we shouldn't repeal the suppressor ban because the Federal gun regulations are under 'attack'?????

Yeah, that was an interesting argument.

I need to use her quote in my signature though - that silencers were made so that people could commit murder and get away with it.

The guy who quoted Canadian law was absolutely beside himself with how inferior we Americans are. He's got some serious anger management issues.

The bills discussed today were pretty easy to agree with - in the House. My concern is trying to get them past our friendly neighborhood nemesis in the Senate Judiciary Committee.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Kelor on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Things were moved forward.

This whole thing doesn't affect me much as I would most likely never spend the $1000 to get one, but it's nice to see some sanity on a committee vote. :)
Kelor

Postby bummey on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Kelor wrote:Things were moved forward.

This whole thing doesn't affect me much as I would most likely never spend the $1000 to get one, but it's nice to see some sanity on a committee vote. :)

Even under muffs and plugs, guns are still not totally hearing safe. I'm ready to drop five times that on as any suppressors and threaded barrels as I need to make sure this ringing in my ears doesn't progress much further.
bummey

Postby MXGreg on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:12 pm

They just said on channel 9 news the Gov. Dayton said he doesn't want to change any of Minnesota's gun laws. Guess that means he'll veto anything that reaches his desk. I'm not surprised.
MXGreg

Postby photogpat on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:31 am

MXGreg wrote:They just said on channel 9 news the Gov. Dayton said he doesn't want to change any of Minnesota's gun laws. Guess that means he'll veto anything that reaches his desk. I'm not surprised.

.gov can be persuaded with broad bipartisan support...which these bills appear to be gathering.

Don't give up on him yet - he's on a lot of meds.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:52 am

photogpat wrote:
MXGreg wrote:They just said on channel 9 news the Gov. Dayton said he doesn't want to change any of Minnesota's gun laws. Guess that means he'll veto anything that reaches his desk. I'm not surprised.

.gov can be persuaded with broad bipartisan support...which these bills appear to be gathering.

Don't give up on him yet - he's on a lot of meds.

Need to get all the politicians to a range to try guns both with and without so that they know what they are dealing with. Great photo ops for their next campaign.
Ghost

Postby ex-LT on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:56 am

MJY65 wrote:
Kelor wrote:Heather: "Silencers were designed to commit murder and get away with it"

Me: "Heather is a hopeless, liberal idiot."

Heather has never let the facts get in the way of her hysterical "the sky is falling" rants in the past, why would she start now?
Her perpetual hyperbole and twisting of the facts have all but destroyed her credibility, and the results of the committee votes appear to bear witness to that fact.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:09 am

We even made the national news. I was in the truck for the top of the hour news at 4pm, I think it was CBS. They said it was 'gun day' at the Minnesota legislature and referenced the suppressor bill.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Boone on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:21 am

"Once a Marine, always a Marine...

...why re-enlist?"
Boone

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 am

Kelor wrote:Now we are hearing from Representative Rosenthal that he wraps his dogs in orange tape whenever he hears a gun shot in the woods. Therefore, he doesn't want a suppressor so he can hear the sound easier. :roll:

Pursuing that reasoning, I guess next he'll be advocating for the removal of vehicle mufflers so his little flufyfs don't get run over :roll:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat