FNH releasing semi auto version of M249!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: FNH releasing semi auto version of M249!

Postby hard h2o on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Even at half that price I am not interested. There are a lot of other firearms I would rather own for $3500.

I am amused by the ARs showing up on the range with tacticool stuff hanging off every available rail.

Like the man said, "Only accurate rifles are interesting".
hard h2o

Postby UnaStamus on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:08 pm

horrible trigger, bad recoil impulse, and I could never get one to run reliably on a USGI magazine; only on the belt. Plus it weighs 14lbs. Not interested whatsoever.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:56 am

hard h2o wrote:Even at half that price I am not interested. There are a lot of other firearms I would rather own for $3500.

I am amused by the ARs showing up on the range with tacticool stuff hanging off every available rail.

Like the man said, "Only accurate rifles are interesting".

For the record, "the man" was Colonel Townsend Whelen.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Bitter Bastard on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:59 pm

What a bunch of negative nellies. I understand everyone has their own preferences and wish lists, but to sit here and complain when a first tier firearms mfr is bringing a belt fed up for public sale is crazy. We should support this whether you want one or not. I'd love to see more belt guns on the market by big name makers so I can be assured of getting spare parts and barrels even a long time from now. As evidenced by the large amount of "tactical" guns and accessories on the market, a LOT of people buy guns on the cool factor alone. I wish FN nothing but success with this venture.

This is out of my price range more than likely but if I get an unexpected bonus or cash windfall, this would certainly be in the running.

After reading all the negative responses here, I think I'm going to go kick my dog I'm so depressed.

YMMV.

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby David on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Agreed, 100%. It's not for everyone, but it's still interesting, and a great way for collectors to at have a little piece of history without going through the hassle of trying to get a real one.
David

Postby Seismic Sam on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Well, to be a negative Seismic, which I excel at, the 7K is a deal breaker for me when I can get a Barrett M82 for 8 grand. It IS a cool gun, but the coolality per buck factor is just not there...
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby hard h2o on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:12 pm

What good is a belt fed without the full auto capability. You can carry a ton of ammo linked but only one round per trigger pull.

Add the price, weight of the firearm, and the probable sub par accuracy and it is a definite no-go for me.

I can take my Savage, Mossberg, Remington, WInchester to most any gunsmith and have it repaired. As far as parts availability I imagine the repairs on something like this will not be as easy as some would like. With a mechanism that is probably a bit more complex than your average AR I would hazard to guess it is not something a shadetree gunsmith will be tackling.
hard h2o

Postby David on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:39 pm

No one is suggesting that there is anything at all that is practical about this gun. I'm surprised anyone is even commenting on it's practicality, or lack thereof, which is obvious. It's for collectors, not people who want a hunting/competition/everyday rifle.
David

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat