Suppressor, Second Amendment bills hearing scheduled!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Suppressor, Second Amendment bills hearing scheduled!

Postby 2in2out on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm

photogpat wrote:Please call the governor's office and voice your support for suppressors. They're getting a lot of calls from the other side to veto.

I think this needs to be the focus of our discussion. We can't get this close only to lose because some anti-2a with nothing better to do is calling the governor's office and we're not.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 pm

LarryFlew wrote:virus infected??? :?: :?: :?:

Ask anyone that knows IT that you trust, since you don't know me, and ask them about the dangers of facebook. It may shock you. Have removed so many viruses on many computers because of that worthless site. Don't take my word on it. Do your own research. The truth will set you free!
Bearcatrp

Postby dismal on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Ask anyone that knows IT that you trust, since you don't know me, and ask them about the dangers of facebook. It may shock you. Have removed so many viruses on many computers because of that worthless site. Don't take my word on it. Do your own research. The truth will set you free!

I work in IT and haven't seen any viruses directly caused by FB. The ads can sometimes problematic, but ads on any site can have that problem. I do agree that FB is worthless, but for better or worse GOCRA uses it for daily communication. If you want to know what's going on, ya gotta use it. Don't need to login though.... Spin up a Linux VM if you're paranoid. :ugeek:
dismal

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Here is a respectable news organization that has some good info on facebook.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/facebook-virus/
Heck, go check out numerous IT sites and do a search. Many other stories of viruses coming off that site. Am not accusing facebook, its the lowlifes on it who spread the crap.
Bearcatrp

Postby jshuberg on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Huffington Post is reputable?

I got nothing'...
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Ranb on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:38 am

Bill as amended passed 115-19.
SF 878 status
04/29/2015 Senate not concur, conference committee of 5 requested

How a Bill Becomes Law
Conference

If the House and Senate versions of the bill are different, they go to a conference committee. In the House, the speaker appoints three or five representatives, and in the Senate, the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration selects the same number of senators to form the committee. The committee meets to work out differences in the two bills and to reach a compromise.

Floor

The conference committee's compromise bill then goes back to the House and the Senate for another vote. If both bodies pass the bill in this form, it is sent to the governor for his or her approval or disapproval. (If one or both bodies reject the report, it goes back to the conference committee for further consideration.)

So it is back to the Senate and the House for a vote after the committee gets done with it.

Randy
My gun collection has killed at least five fewer people than the Kennedy clan has with automobiles, airplanes and golf clubs.
Ranb

Postby hornswaggle on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 am

It looks like they might need another committee to oversee the subcommittee on the Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration. Of course there would have to be a committee from the House and Senate to determine who belongs on that committee.
Kevin

Treat every gun as if it was loaded, Always control the muzzle, Know your target and what is beyond it...

Either you like bacon or you're wrong....
hornswaggle

Postby 2in2out on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 pm

hornswaggle wrote:It looks like they might need another committee to oversee the subcommittee on the Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration. Of course there would have to be a committee from the House and Senate to determine who belongs on that committee.

Here's a little educational documentary on how bills work.

https://youtu.be/JUDSeb2zHQ0

(Sorry, I haven't figured out the right combination to embed the video in my reply yet)
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri May 01, 2015 5:00 pm

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.p ... 0&b=senate
Another source of information for those who doesn't like face book.
Bearcatrp

Postby bummey on Fri May 01, 2015 6:41 pm

2in2out wrote:Here's a little educational documentary on how bills work.

https://youtu.be/JUDSeb2zHQ0

That was unwatchable trash. Here's the original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0
bummey

Postby striped1 on Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 am

What was the amendment that the senate rejected?
striped1

Postby Citiot on Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 am

I think this is actually a better quality video :D

https://vimeo.com/24701987
Citiot

Postby Dakotared on Mon May 04, 2015 12:43 pm

I was talking to Rep. Brian Johnson this weekend and he mad it sound like the Republicans will pull the silencer part out of the bill to get the part about giving felons their voting rights back pulled out.
Dakotared

Postby Ghost on Mon May 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Dakotared wrote:I was talking to Rep. Brian Johnson this weekend and he mad it sound like the Republicans will pull the silencer part out of the bill to get the part about giving felons their voting rights back pulled out.

They better not, keep calling and writing.
Ghost

Postby shooter115 on Mon May 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Dakotared wrote:I was talking to Rep. Brian Johnson this weekend and he mad it sound like the Republicans will pull the silencer part out of the bill to get the part about giving felons their voting rights back pulled out.

Why the hell would they do that? I'd have to go back and count votes, but don't we already have a veto-proof majority?
shooter115

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat