A guy who doesn't know the meaning of "Low Profile"

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby Greg on Mon May 11, 2015 3:04 pm

Zimmerman involved in shooting with man who reported road rage incident last year

http://www.startribune.com/latest-zimme ... n=homepage
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby my1stpistol on Tue May 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Yeah...he's a genius
my1stpistol

Re: A guy who doesn't know the meaning of "Low Profile"

Postby Ironbear on Tue May 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Greg wrote:Zimmerman involved in shooting with man who reported road rage incident last year

One of the few people who could take lessons in living a quiet and noncontroversial life from Jesse Ventura!!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Kelor on Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 pm

He's definitely got some problems, but I bet most of his troubles are seeking him out. Not the other way around.
Kelor

Postby UnaStamus on Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 pm

George Zimmerman is an idiot. He was before, and he still is. The details of the incident are still incomplete, but he is incapable of avoiding confrontation because of his personality and ignorance.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby cgrant26 on Thu May 14, 2015 9:55 am

Kelor wrote:He's definitely got some problems, but I bet most of his troubles are seeking him out. Not the other way around.

I'll be the other dissenting opinion here and just post this quote from over on Arfcom:

GunslingerPoet wrote:The sad part is how quick some folks are to throw him under the bus for choosing to die with his boots on as opposed to running like a bitch. GD is full of chest thumpers, but when the rubber hits the road, a significant minority here are %$#@ing cowards who snipe from the sidelines when a man stands up and refuses to take the **** being flung at him by gutless, wicked curs.

Folks should pay heed to what this really is: the despicable weaklings of the world have had George Zimmerman in their sights since he chose to do something other than die at the hands of a villain. For that sin, he's been pilloried and maligned by the very people who would disarm us all. Now he's been shot at in broad daylight, and we have folks on a supposedly pro-gun site casting aspersions, as if they will somehow be spared the consequences of the precedence they set today.

What does George have to lose, really? He's been robbed of his good name. He has no children to care for, no legacy to protect. Why SHOULDN'T he refuse to take this lying down? Why SHOULD he walk away meekly?

The man is exemplary of much of the philosophy people here often spout: "From my cold, dead hands. I will not comply. I will not bow down to tyrants and villains."

And what does arf do when someone actually walks the walk? Talk **** and try to score "edgy" points.

If anybody ever wonders why the commies steadily advance, this is why. We are riddled with cowards who, when given the chance to speak for a man who will stand his ground and says, "No more!", take the opportunity to knife him in the back so the **** stazi think they're good Germans.

Everybody here who ever asked, "How does this **** keep happening?", this is how. Too many so-called advocates of self-defense fold like cheap paper tigers when our obvious enemies crank up the propaganda.
cgrant26

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 14, 2015 10:11 am

cgrant26 wrote:
Kelor wrote:He's definitely got some problems, but I bet most of his troubles are seeking him out. Not the other way around.

I'll be the other dissenting opinion here and just post this quote from over on Arfcom:

GunslingerPoet wrote:The sad part is how quick some folks are to throw him under the bus for choosing to die with his boots on as opposed to running like a bitch. GD is full of chest thumpers, but when the rubber hits the road, a significant minority here are %$#@ing cowards who snipe from the sidelines when a man stands up and refuses to take the **** being flung at him by gutless, wicked curs.

Folks should pay heed to what this really is: the despicable weaklings of the world have had George Zimmerman in their sights since he chose to do something other than die at the hands of a villain. For that sin, he's been pilloried and maligned by the very people who would disarm us all. Now he's been shot at in broad daylight, and we have folks on a supposedly pro-gun site casting aspersions, as if they will somehow be spared the consequences of the precedence they set today.

What does George have to lose, really? He's been robbed of his good name. He has no children to care for, no legacy to protect. Why SHOULDN'T he refuse to take this lying down? Why SHOULD he walk away meekly?

The man is exemplary of much of the philosophy people here often spout: "From my cold, dead hands. I will not comply. I will not bow down to tyrants and villains."

And what does arf do when someone actually walks the walk? Talk **** and try to score "edgy" points.

If anybody ever wonders why the commies steadily advance, this is why. We are riddled with cowards who, when given the chance to speak for a man who will stand his ground and says, "No more!", take the opportunity to knife him in the back so the **** stazi think they're good Germans.

Everybody here who ever asked, "How does this **** keep happening?", this is how. Too many so-called advocates of self-defense fold like cheap paper tigers when our obvious enemies crank up the propaganda.

I agree.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Thu May 14, 2015 11:01 am

Then again, when I review the adult lives of the people I know who live freely and comfortably, representing a collective time span of several centuries; I can think of none who've been involved in even one incident similar to the several that have 'plagued' Zimmerman in the past 2+ years.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Pat Cannon on Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day, you're the *******."
-Raylan Givens, Justified
Pat Cannon

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu May 14, 2015 11:11 am

While none of us know or can see into the heart of George Zimmerman, it certainly seems like he has some anger and judgment issues.

Using a firearm in a defensive situation does not automatically make you a good person.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby cgrant26 on Thu May 14, 2015 11:41 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:While none of us know or can see into the heart of George Zimmerman, it certainly seems like he has some anger and judgment issues.

Using a firearm in a defensive situation does not automatically make you a good person.

But it shouldn't automatically make you a bad person either. I don't think anyone can deny that Zimmerman was unfairly crucified in the media early on for defending himself and the people doing it had no interest in what the facts were.
cgrant26

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu May 14, 2015 12:14 pm

cgrant26 wrote:But it shouldn't automatically make you a bad person either. I don't think anyone can deny that Zimmerman was unfairly crucified in the media early on for defending himself and the people doing it had no interest in what the facts were.

I don't disagree, however those of us on the other side shouldn't use that as a justification to turn a blind eye to his shortcomings.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Postby UnaStamus on Thu May 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Pat Cannon wrote:"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into ******** all day, you're the *******."
-Raylan Givens, Justified

^ This.

The issue is not Zimmerman's right to self defense. The issues have all been related to his poor tactics and decision making skills, pathetic personal physical fitness (given what he chose to do), inadequate training, and lack of situational awareness.
You can be all about putting your neck on the line and being the one willing to stand up to bad people, but if you're physically or mentally incapable of prevailing, you have to ask yourself whether you're a hero or a fool. Given that he's been involved in what started out to be pretty minor crimes, he's shown himself to be a fool twice over.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Grappler on Sun May 17, 2015 12:45 pm

For those of you who actually care about having more information before throwing the guy under the bus

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... n-attempt/.
Grappler

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun May 17, 2015 12:52 pm

Grappler wrote:For those of you who actually care about having more information before throwing the guy under the bus

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... n-attempt/.

Yeah, there isn't any bias in that article, is there? :roll:
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Next

Return to General Gun Chat