When your doctor asks you about guns in your house:

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: When your doctor asks you about guns in your house:

Postby cobb on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Simple, I respond NA. When they ask what NA means, I explain that it means "Not Applicable". I explain I am here for a shoulder issue and my shoulder issue has nothing to do with if I own firearms, am feeling depressed or even if I beat my dog. So can you quit wasting my time and the other patients that are waiting in line behind me and get to treating my shoulder issue, which is the reason that I am here. Only had one nurse get huffy about my responses.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby Citiot on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 am

Earlier I said to simply answer no if questioned. I also have instructed my children to lie to their pediatricians and also school officials.

i.e. if asked if there are guns in the house, just say no.

Yes, I have instructed my children to lie and that it is morally correct because of the sinister motivations behind the questions.

I am a good father and all my kids are honor students.

You may think that it is illegal to lie to a doctor. Lying to get narcotic pain killers would indeed be wrong. Lying to your doctor in order to get disability payments is wrong. Lying about guns in the house is a duty.
Citiot

Postby Hmac on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Citiot wrote:
You may think that it is illegal to lie to a doctor. Lying to get narcotic pain killers would indeed be wrong. Lying to your doctor in order to get disability payments is wrong. Lying about guns in the house is a duty.

Good lord, who in the world would think that it's illegal to lie to a doctor???
Hmac

Postby Randygmn on Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Citiot wrote:Earlier I said to simply answer no if questioned. I also have instructed my children to lie to their pediatricians and also school officials.

Yes, I have instructed my children to lie and that it is morally correct because of the sinister motivations behind the questions.

Your kids are lucky to have you as a parent and America is lucky to have a citizen like you.

My daughter knows that there are certain things that are not to be shared outside of our home. Things such as politics and firearms are just two of them.
Randygmn

When your doctor asks you about guns in your house:

Postby ZardozCZ on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 am

You have to carefully read and edit the forms they give you to sign. Most will allow them to share your data with unspecified parties.
ZardozCZ

Postby LePetomane on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:08 am

Randygmn wrote:
Citiot wrote:Earlier I said to simply answer no if questioned. I also have instructed my children to lie to their pediatricians and also school officials.

Your kids are lucky to have you as a parent and America is lucky to have a citizen like you.

My daughter knows that there are certain things that are not to be shared outside of our home. Things such as politics and firearms are just two of them.

Are these guys serious?? Radical islam teaches its subjects to lie. They call it taqiyya. Bill Clinton is a liar. Barack Obama is a liar. Hillary Clinton is a liar. They were also honor students. There are ways other than encouraging your kids to lie to defuse the situation. And besides, the government already knows you have guns. I assume you have a carry permit in the state of Minnesota. That is just another way to register gun owners.
Last edited by LePetomane on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby MJY65 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 am

LePetomane wrote: And besides, the government already knows you have guns. I assume you have a carry permit in the state of Minnesota.

I've often thought that same thing in these discussions. You've voluntarily provided the information DIRECTLY to the state. I doubt they are going to go to the trouble of searching medical records for something they already know.
MJY65

Postby Hmac on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:41 am

MJY65 wrote: I doubt they are going to go to the trouble of searching medical records for something they already know.

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to justify the court order to get those medical records.
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:34 am

MJY65 wrote:
LePetomane wrote: And besides, the government already knows you have guns. I assume you have a carry permit in the state of Minnesota.

I've often thought that same thing in these discussions. You've voluntarily provided the information DIRECTLY to the state. I doubt they are going to go to the trouble of searching medical records for something they already know.

You are actually asking for permission to exercise a right. I have had this discussion with opponents of voter ID's. Nowhere in the Bil of Rights is voting addressed.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Hmac on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:22 pm

LePetomane wrote:You are actually asking for permission to exercise a right.

The extent and application of that right is the crux of the argument. As you know, up to now, only 5 of the 9 constitutional scholars on the Supreme Court agree with you. Now 4 of 8. If and when Clinton is elected.....
Hmac

Postby Randygmn on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:30 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Randygmn wrote:

Are these guys serious?? Radical islam teaches its subjects to lie. They call it taqiyya. Bill Clinton is a liar. Barack Obama is a liar. Hillary Clinton is a liar. They were also honor students. There are ways other than encouraging your kids to lie to defuse the situation. And besides, the government already knows you have guns. I assume you have a carry permit in the state of Minnesota. That is just another way to register gun owners.

Sure, they know I have a PTC. And if the ATF wants to do some research, they can find all of the firearms I've purchased in the past with a 4473. That's not the point. They'd only investigate if they felt they had a specific reason to. One of those reasons could be a referral from a doctor who believes that his patient could be unfit for gun ownership. Thus the reason that answering NO is the appropriate answer. Yeah, that would be lie. Big deal. Furthermore, since you decided to pass judgement on me, I'll take a second to make myself clear. I'm a resident of Minnesota, but I spend a bit less than 6 months a year in NYC. My daughter goes to private school there where her k-12 school costs $50K per year. After 9 years, they offered my daughter a scholarship for her final 4 years of high school. Do the math on that. The school, as well as the city in general is very liberal. They don't take kindly to gun ownership or my kind of politics in general. It's something she doesn't discuss with her friends or teachers. We don't engage with school staff or other parents, either. I'm not interested in jeopardizing her position/scholarship there. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn. Fwiw.
Randygmn

Postby LePetomane on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:03 am

Randygmn wrote:Sure, they know I have a PTC. And if the ATF wants to do some research, they can find all of the firearms I've purchased in the past with a 4473. That's not the point. They'd only investigate if they felt they had a specific reason to. One of those reasons could be a referral from a doctor who believes that his patient could be unfit for gun ownership. Thus the reason that answering NO is the appropriate answer. Yeah, that would be lie. Big deal. Furthermore, since you decided to pass judgement on me, I'll take a second to make myself clear. I'm a resident of Minnesota, but I spend a bit less than 6 months a year in NYC. My daughter goes to private school there where her k-12 school costs $50K per year. After 9 years, they offered my daughter a scholarship for her final 4 years of high school. Do the math on that. The school, as well as the city in general is very liberal. They don't take kindly to gun ownership or my kind of politics in general. It's something she doesn't discuss with her friends or teachers. We don't engage with school staff or other parents, either. I'm not interested in jeopardizing her position/scholarship there. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn. Fwiw.

And some here think I need a tinfoil hat?
LePetomane

Postby george on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:56 am

It is absolutely true that it can affect your children, my son was asked to teach at Purdue but he received the letter resending the offer because, it said your father is a card holding member of the NRA, and that is the truth. He went on to teach at a couple very high ranking universities but that's still kind of sticks in me.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Hmac on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 am

LePetomane wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Sure, they know I have a PTC. And if the ATF wants to do some research, they can find all of the firearms I've purchased in the past with a 4473. That's not the point. They'd only investigate if they felt they had a specific reason to. One of those reasons could be a referral from a doctor who believes that his patient could be unfit for gun ownership. Thus the reason that answering NO is the appropriate answer. Yeah, that would be lie. Big deal. Furthermore, since you decided to pass judgement on me, I'll take a second to make myself clear. I'm a resident of Minnesota, but I spend a bit less than 6 months a year in NYC. My daughter goes to private school there where her k-12 school costs $50K per year. After 9 years, they offered my daughter a scholarship for her final 4 years of high school. Do the math on that. The school, as well as the city in general is very liberal. They don't take kindly to gun ownership or my kind of politics in general. It's something she doesn't discuss with her friends or teachers. We don't engage with school staff or other parents, either. I'm not interested in jeopardizing her position/scholarship there. Otherwise, I wouldn't give a damn. Fwiw.

And some here think I need a tinfoil hat?

Plenty of tinfoil to go around.
Hmac

Re:

Postby Hmac on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:29 am

george wrote:It is absolutely true that it can affect your children, my son was asked to teach at Purdue but he received the letter resending the offer because, it said your father is a card holding member of the NRA, and that is the truth. He went on to teach at a couple very high ranking universities but that's still kind of sticks in me.

Hmmm... How would they even know whether or not you're a member of the NRA?
Hmac

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat