Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Minnesota Saturday Night Special Law

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:20 am

Holland&Holland wrote:What is wrong with a double barrel shotgun? I have shot many.

They are great for scaring away would be intruders. If I feel like I'm being watched, I step out on my front porch and fire two blasts. I have found this is a better for deterring the would be robbers/rapists/killers than even the sound made when racking my 870.
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:27 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:What is wrong with a double barrel shotgun? I have shot many.

They are great for scaring away would be intruders. If I feel like I'm being watched, I step out on my front porch and fire two shots. I have found this is a better for deterring the would be robbers/rapists/killers than even the sound made when racking my 870.

This.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:53 am

Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:

They are great for scaring away would be intruders. If I feel like I'm being watched, I step out on my front porch and fire two shots. I have found this is a better for deterring the would be robbers/rapists/killers than even the sound made when racking my 870.

This.

Ok grandpa joe
Holland&Holland

Postby FJ540 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am

Ghost wrote:

Except then you're out of ammo and need to take cover to reload. Tactical error! :salute:
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:02 am

FJ540 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Except then you're out of ammo and need to take cover to reload. Tactical error! :salute:

Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:06 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Ok grandpa joe

Hey, Where's YOUR Medal???

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:31 am

xd ED wrote:

I have a couple of participation certificates, does that count?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:41 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I have a couple of participation certificates, does that count?

Ghost

Postby 2in2out on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:21 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
2in2out wrote:The gun nobody should shoot is the double barrel shotgun I bought at an auction. There's no polymer or plastic, but I wouldn't want to be there when someone pulls the trigger.

I don't see how this thread can be 19 pages and there's still no commitment to change this law or any ideas (good, bad or otherwise) about how to do that. Let's talk about something more interesting, instead - maybe a fungus, or the aerodynamics of a tractor-trailer rig, for instance.

What is wrong with a double barrel shotgun? I have shot many.

Nothing wrong with any firearm that has barrels you see the light of day through and a stock that's not held together with Elmer's Glue. :mrgreen:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:47 am

2in2out wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
2in2out wrote:The gun nobody should shoot is the double barrel shotgun I bought at an auction. There's no polymer or plastic, but I wouldn't want to be there when someone pulls the trigger.

I don't see how this thread can be 19 pages and there's still no commitment to change this law or any ideas (good, bad or otherwise) about how to do that. Let's talk about something more interesting, instead - maybe a fungus, or the aerodynamics of a tractor-trailer rig, for instance.

What is wrong with a double barrel shotgun? I have shot many.

Nothing wrong with any firearm that has barrels you see the light of day through and a stock that's not held together with Elmer's Glue. :mrgreen:

Replace the Elmers with Gorilla glue and use a bit of JB Weld on those barrels and you will be good to go.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:04 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Replace the Elmers with Gorilla glue and use a bit of JB Weld on those barrels and you will be good to go.

Wrap the stock with duct tape, camo if you prefer
Ghost

Postby Russstra on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:54 am

bstrawse wrote:
Russstra wrote:I'm just doing my best to fit in here. Seems like a bunch of negative douches reside here. So I'm trying to speak in forum talk.
How about I have a good point and none of you care because you think it won't happen to you. That's what this boils down to.

Have you tried actually contacting one of the legit gun rights groups in the state to discuss this?

b

I contacted the NRA and Local representatives
Russstra

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat