PTP condition question.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

PTP condition question.

Postby Jack's My dog on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Two questions-

First, and think I know the answer to this one already. I put my PTP through the wash, it tore in half on the fold. Does anyone know of a way to expedite a replacement, if it was still within its valid period? Pretty sure I need to get it replaced, as I am not sure I would accept it in its current condition if I were an FFL.

Second, would there be any reason I could not laminate the card? I put my wallet through the wash more than I would like to admit. :oops:

Pretty darn excited about getting to take another half day off work, to drive to down town and pay $30 for parking to freely exercise my rights... :roll:

(Edited to change PTC to PTP, I know the difference... good gravy)
Last edited by Jack's My dog on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack's My dog

Re: PTC condition question.

Postby fine ape on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Jack's My dog wrote:Two questions-

Second, would there be any reason I could not laminate the card? I put my wallet through the wash more than I would like to admit. :oops:

I don't see why not. My first two ptc came already laminated, and my replacement one was printed on plastic much like a debit card.
Guns are not the problem, people are the problem. And short of lobotomizig everyone who has a bad thought they will continue to be for the forseeable future.
fine ape

Re: PTP condition question.

Postby ex-LT on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:40 am

Jack's My dog wrote:Does anyone know of a way to expedite a replacement, if it was still within its valid period?

If I had to guess, I would say there's no such thing as a replacement permit. MPD (guessing, since you indicated $30 for parking) will likely make you submit the full paperwork, and that the resulting permit would be good for one year from the date of application.

As for paying for parking, I'd suggest parking somewhere that has cheap/free parking, and taking the light rail downtown. Cost is $2.25 ($1.75 during non-rush hours), and if you complete your business within 2 1/2 hours, you only have to pay one fare. Did I mention, one of the downtown stops for the light rail is right in front of city hall?
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:14 am

ex-LT wrote:
Jack's My dog wrote:Does anyone know of a way to expedite a replacement, if it was still within its valid period?

If I had to guess, I would say there's no such thing as a replacement permit. MPD (guessing, since you indicated $30 for parking) will likely make you submit the full paperwork, and that the resulting permit would be good for one year from the date of application.

As for paying for parking, I'd suggest parking somewhere that has cheap/free parking, and taking the light rail downtown. Cost is $2.25 ($1.75 during non-rush hours), and if you complete your business within 2 1/2 hours, you only have to pay one fare. Did I mention, one of the downtown stops for the light rail is right in front of city hall?

Bingo on MPD. I have used the light rail in the past to get me permit and it was pretty slick. Currently I don''t have enough time in my work schedule to make another excursion downtown, unless I am already out and about with my car for a job.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know this isn't the end of the world, and since CZ will probably push the release date of the P10c back another 3 times, I should be able to get a replacement in time.
Jack's My dog

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 am

Jack's My dog wrote:
ex-LT wrote:

Bingo on MPD. I have used the light rail in the past to get me permit and it was pretty slick. Currently I don''t have enough time in my work schedule to make another excursion downtown, unless I am already out and about with my car for a job.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know this isn't the end of the world, and since CZ will probably push the release date of the P10c back another 3 times, I should be able to get a replacement in time.

Might be a good reason to get a PTC.
I'm pretty sure you could apply at a substation, or satellite office, saving some time and parking expense... http://www.hennepinsheriff.org/permit-carry-handgun
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:54 am

Agreed on the PTC. I was told at the Lake Street substation it had to be done downtown.
Jack's My dog

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 am

Jack's My dog wrote:Agreed on the PTC. I was told at the Lake Street substation it had to be done downtown.

Not according to Sheriff's website.

Get a PTC... washes up real nice...been there/ done that ;)
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:37 am

The light rail between St. Paul and Mpls is nearly empty all the time during the day, so you should be pretty safe. If, however, you go from Mpls out towards the airport and MOA, you're on the fo' shizzle express, and you'll need a PTC and some substantial hardware to go with....
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 am

Seismic Sam wrote:The light rail between St. Paul and Mpls is nearly empty all the time during the day, so you should be pretty safe. If, however, you go from Mpls out towards the airport and MOA, you're on the fo' shizzle express, and you'll need a PTC and some substantial hardware to go with....

The crowd on the Mpls light rail is nothing compared to what you'll see in the Henn Cty Gov Ctr. Went there via light rail once hoping to rectify a traffic ticket.
Decided it was easier to pay the fine, and move on. A two hour line of fellow offenders made the group W bench look like a church pew, by comparison.
On the return trip to the mall, I offered my seat to a elderly woman with a walker because some urban youth found it necessary to occupy the handicapped seating.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:45 am

Seismic Sam wrote:The light rail between St. Paul and Mpls is nearly empty all the time during the day, so you should be pretty safe. If, however, you go from Mpls out towards the airport and MOA, you're on the fo' shizzle express, and you'll need a PTC and some substantial hardware to go with....

I live in South MPLS, it is not nearly as bad as people would have you think. Same with the Light rail.
Jack's My dog

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am

xd ED wrote:

The crowd on the Mpls light rail is nothing compared to what you'll see in the Henn Cty Gov Ctr. Went there via light rail once hoping to rectify a traffic ticket.
Decided it was easier to pay the fine, and move on. A two hour line of fellow offenders made the group W bench look like a church pew, by comparison.
On the return trip to the mall, I offered my seat to a elderly woman with a walker because some urban youth found it necessary to occupy the handicapped seating.

Without a doubt the worst part of riding the light rail is the apparent total lack of respect or consideration some individuals have for their fellow human beings.
Jack's My dog

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:19 pm

$30 for parking to run in for a ptp?

You are doing it wrong.
Holland&Holland

Postby UnaStamus on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:38 pm

You should have a Permit to Carry if you are riding the light rail. Seriously.
Knock off this PTP stuff. Unless you're under 21, that is.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby Jack's My dog on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:$30 for parking to run in for a ptp?

You are doing it wrong.

If you show up at lunch time for the person working the window and you can't get out of the ramp in the 20 or 30 mins for the reduced rate it gets expensive quick. I think the actual cost was 24 bucks for the ramp kitty corner from the Cop Shop. I apologize for the hyperbole.
Jack's My dog

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:39 pm

While they were looking at the other stuff, did they find any polyps??? :bolt:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Next

Return to General Gun Chat