Eotech used pricing help

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Eotech used pricing help

Postby TommyMN on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 pm

A co worker of mine is looking to sell his eotech xps2-0 and g33.sts magnifier. And I'm in the market for my ar. Manufactured in 2015. Almost new condition. The red dot has the bottons on the back and not the side like the newer ones. Not a big deal but have to mount the magnifier alittle further back. I just don't have any idea what's fair for price? Any in sight? Any help?
TommyMN

Re: Eotech used pricing help

Postby Hmac on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 pm

The G33 is a great magnifier and works well with other RDS besides Eotech. The XPS 2-0 is an OK RDS, but has a reputation for zero-shift in cold temps. That's not likely as big a deal as it sounds, but that reputation definitely puts Eotech sites a long way down the scale on the used market. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $150 for an XPS Eotech. Less if it wasn't in great condition. A G33 magnifier in good condition would be worth $300-$400.

The buttons on the rear of the XPS series makes them poorly suited for use with a magnifier. IMHO, you'd be better off buying the used G33 and getting an Aimpoint PRO to use it with.
Hmac

Postby TommyMN on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Hmac wrote:The G33 is a great magnifier and works well with other RDS besides Eotech. The XPS 2-0 is an OK RDS, but has a reputation for zero-shift in cold temps. That's not likely as big a deal as it sounds, but that reputation definitely puts Eotech sites a long way down the scale on the used market. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $150 for an XPS Eotech. Less if it wasn't in great condition. A G33 magnifier in good condition would be worth $300-$400.

The buttons on the rear of the XPS series makes them poorly suited for use with a magnifier. IMHO, you'd be better off buying the used G33 and getting an Aimpoint PRO to use it with.

It's a package deal more than likely. Both are in great condition. So your rough estimate used value for both would 550ish?
TommyMN

Postby Hmac on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:35 pm

TommyMN wrote:
Hmac wrote:The G33 is a great magnifier and works well with other RDS besides Eotech. The XPS 2-0 is an OK RDS, but has a reputation for zero-shift in cold temps. That's not likely as big a deal as it sounds, but that reputation definitely puts Eotech sites a long way down the scale on the used market. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $150 for an XPS Eotech. Less if it wasn't in great condition. A G33 magnifier in good condition would be worth $300-$400.

It's a package deal more than likely. Both are in great condition. So your rough estimate used value for both would 550ish?

I think that would be an ok price.
Hmac

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm

550 would be a good price considering Eotech is accepting returns on their optics at full retail value because of the soft recall. You could probably send the XPS back for 550 and have yourself a free magnifier ;)

http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authori ... quest-form
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby TommyMN on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:39 am

Squib Joe wrote:550 would be a good price considering Eotech is accepting returns on their optics at full retail value because of the soft recall. You could probably send the XPS back for 550 and have yourself a free magnifier ;)

Would the recall still apply to second owner? Or is there some weird fine print
TommyMN

Postby Randygmn on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 am

Better throw it in a meat locker overnight, and then try the desert and see if it holds zero. Apparently, the drift can be substantial.
Randygmn

Postby TommyMN on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:39 am

Randygmn wrote:Better throw it in a meat locker overnight, and then try the desert and see if it holds zero. Apparently, the drift can be substantial.

I'd never see that happening for what I'd do with it.
TommyMN

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:59 pm

TommyMN wrote:
Squib Joe wrote:550 would be a good price considering Eotech is accepting returns on their optics at full retail value because of the soft recall. You could probably send the XPS back for 550 and have yourself a free magnifier ;)

Would the recall still apply to second owner? Or is there some weird fine print

I've talked to a few people that have returned their optics. They were asked what they paid for the optic but not for a receipt. One guy did initially get refused because he asked for an unreasonable amount
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby TommyMN on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:41 am

He's firm on 700 so I'm gonna have to pass
TommyMN

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 am

TommyMN wrote:He's firm on 700 so I'm gonna have to pass

That's way, way out of line for an RDS that has always been the red-headed stepchild of the firearms optics industry, and given their recent high-profile negative publicity is even further in the dumpers than it was when the $400 Aimpoint PRO was their biggest problem.
Hmac

Postby TommyMN on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 am

Hmac wrote:

That's way, way out of line for an RDS that has always been the red-headed stepchild of the firearms optics industry, and given their recent high-profile negative publicity is even further in the dumpers than it was when the $400 Aimpoint PRO was their biggest problem.

He paid full retail for them. I'll have to keep looking. May just get an aimpoint.
TommyMN

Postby Jack's My dog on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Have you Thought about a 1x4,-6 scope? It maybe worth considering if you would like something with faster handling, and a magnification option. I am not much of an operator, but I really like my Vortex PST 1x4. The reticle is illuminated.
Jack's My dog

Postby TommyMN on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Jack's My dog wrote:Have you Thought about a 1x4,-6 scope? It maybe worth considering if you would like something with faster handling, and a magnification option. I am not much of an operator, but I really like my Vortex PST 1x4. The reticle is illuminated.

Not much. Says discontinued on their site.
TommyMN

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:42 pm

TommyMN wrote:
Hmac wrote:

He paid full retail for them. I'll have to keep looking. May just get an aimpoint.

I would strongly consider an Aimpoint PRO. They're about $430. I don't know much about the Aimpoint ACO at about $375, but it looks good on paper. Both will work with the G33 magnifier, which is probably the most cost-effective magnifier on the market. I bought my G33 from the Equipment Exchange on M4Carbine.net, which is also where I purchased my last Aimpoint PRO. Those two are a great combination. The quick-detach of the G33 allows me to use it on all of my rifles.
Hmac

Return to General Gun Chat