PTC renewal took 3 days

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: PTC renewal took 3 days

Postby BU1 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Isanti County took the full 30 days.
BU1

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 am

I turned mine in my renewal on 7/6 to the Hennepin county office in Brooklyn Park and am still waiting for it :cry:
grimbeaver

Postby BigBlue on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 am

McLeod county seems to take close to the full month. Submitted a renewal on 5/9 and got the permit about 6/2 or 6/3. Letter was dated 5/31 and mailed 6/1. When I dropped it off they told me to expect the full month.

It would be great to have inside insight into the permit processes in each sheriff's office to see whether 1) they are dragging their feet intentionally; 2) they truly have so many permits it keeps their assigned resource busy; or 3) the assigned resource works various things and permits are just a small part of their duties so they don't get to them frequently.

Same would be true for the permit cost. I like that the law says the sheriff can only charge the actual expense cost but wish there was a true audit to hold them responsible. It is a rule with no teeth. I know how gov entities function and I know that they will take every possible advantage of money and budgets so I'm sure there are many permit funds that are actually paying for unrelated stuff.

BB
BigBlue

Postby grimbeaver on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 am

BigBlue wrote:It would be great to have inside insight into the permit processes in each sheriff's office to see whether 1) they are dragging their feet intentionally; 2) they truly have so many permits it keeps their assigned resource busy; or 3) the assigned resource works various things and permits are just a small part of their duties so they don't get to them frequently.

#3 is my guess. I bet they let a pile build up before they touch them.
grimbeaver

Postby Grayskies on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Dropped my P2C renewal off Wednesday afternoon Todd County, the lady there was really nice and helpful, got it today in the mail! So 3 days! :D
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby VMAX97 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Scott County, 10 days from dropping off the renewal application in person, I just got my permit. I was glad to get it done before elections just in case something changed. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.
VMAX97

Postby darthdahl on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:11 pm

VMAX97 wrote:Scott County, 10 days from dropping off the renewal application in person, I just got my permit. I was glad to get it done before elections just in case something changed. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.

I dropped my renewal off in Scott County today...amazed at the $30 renewal cost :o . Maybe next time it’ll only cost the loose change in my pocket.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby Ghost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:02 pm

VMAX97 wrote:Scott County, 10 days from dropping off the renewal application in person, I just got my permit. I was glad to get it done before elections just in case something changed. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 5 years.

Dropped mine at Scott today so starting the time now. $30 is a nice change from previous locations.
Ghost

Postby Jetfxr on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 am

Dropped my renewal off last Wednesday for Anoka county and had it waiting in my mail when I got home yesterday.
Jetfxr

Postby dleong on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

Handed in my permit renewal application and the $50 fee at the "Gun Permits" counter of the Dakota County Western Service Center in Apple Valley on Sept. 13, received the permit in the mail on Oct. 15.

Dropped by the "Gun Permits" counter on Oct. 12 to ask about the status of my renewal, and was told quite curtly by the lady there that the 30 day processing requirement "does not include mail transit time."
dleong

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am

Ghost wrote:

Dropped mine at Scott today so starting the time now. $30 is a nice change from previous locations.

Got mine back on the 19th, so it took 17 total days.
Ghost

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat