Anybody going to the gun show this weekend?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Anybody going to the gun show this weekend?

Postby 1911fan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 am

If the MWCA doesn't care enough to post a conforming sign then why bother getting upset over it. H&H, your instructor was wrong. The law was written with idea that the signs could just be ignored as long as you carry concealed. This is why there is the two step process with the clear standard of signage and/or a verbal warning and then refusing a verbal trespass order before you are violation of the law.

Furthermore with section of the law which restricts landlords from posting businesses, one could argue that MWCA is prohibited by law from posting as they become landlord for the day.
1911fan

Postby 1911fan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:53 am

elmerfuddem wrote:A POSITIVE IMAGE IS ALWAYS BETTER THEN A NEGATIVE ONE.

It all depends on perspective. Remember the guy with a briefcase standing in front of a tank in Beijing China? To some he was a defiant upshot who needed to be crushed. To most of the World he is the poster child of a China in change. I would hope that someday he is regarded as the Crispus Attucks of his day.

Positive or Negative all depends on which side you're on.
1911fan

Postby macphisto on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 am

Holland&Holland wrote:This is not the behaviour I was told to follow in my class. It was clear instruction on this point, if it is posted, lock it in your car.

Sorry to tell you, but you took a sh*tty class and the instructor is a moron. Please cease carrying a firearm immediately until you take a course from a competent instructor.

Holland&Holland wrote:But please do not insult my intelegence by telling me this.

macphisto

Postby hammAR on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:33 am

macphisto wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:This is not the behaviour I was told to follow in my class. It was clear instruction on this point, if it is posted, lock it in your car.

Sorry to tell you, but you took a sh*tty class and the instructor is a moron. Please cease carrying a firearm immediately until you take a course from a competent instructor.

Holland&Holland wrote:But please do not insult my intelegence by telling me this.

Mac, we really do not need this kind of personal attacks...against instructors or posters..................

ETA: Done while Bender is taking a nap, he asked me to stand in for him........ :P

All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby macphisto on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:42 am

macphisto

Postby elmerfuddem on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:11 pm

1911fan wrote:

It all depends on perspective. Remember the guy with a briefcase standing in front of a tank in Beijing China? To some he was a defiant upshot who needed to be crushed. To most of the World he is the poster child of a China in change. I would hope that someday he is regarded as the Crispus Attucks of his day.

If someone has a difference of opinion here, he gets beat down.

Not a very positive image. Holland was only expressing himself in a respectful manner. He can do that. Why do some of you think you are so high and mighty?
Show respect, and kindness to all. Remember, this is a public board, not your private one.
"Hurrah, boys, we've got them! We'll finish them up and then go home to our station." Lt. Col G.A. Custer June 25, 1876.
elmerfuddem

Postby Srigs on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:43 pm

I had a good time at the show, met up with some good people and I carried. 8-)
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby rtk on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Srigs wrote:I had a good time at the show 8-)

I bet you did! ;) :lol: :P
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

With all due respect. The originator of this post reqested we agree to disagree and move on. As you can see from my last post, I agree with those terms and while the debator in me finds it difficult to disengage in light of other comments made I do feel that this was fair request and one that I will adhere to. Thank you Magnum Mike for an interesting thread.
Holland&Holland

Postby macphisto on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:With all due respect. The originator of this post reqested we agree to disagree and move on. As you can see from my last post, I agree with those terms and while the debator in me finds it difficult to disengage in light of other comments made I do feel that this was fair request and one that I will adhere to. Thank you Magnum Mike for an interesting thread.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. You have earned my respect.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
macphisto

Postby Pinnacle on Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:With all due respect. The originator of this post reqested we agree to disagree and move on. As you can see from my last post, I agree with those terms and while the debator in me finds it difficult to disengage in light of other comments made I do feel that this was fair request and one that I will adhere to. Thank you Magnum Mike for an interesting thread.

If you want to comply with a request from the MWCA or another posted place - that is YOUR OPTION and as you have all kissed and made up at this point - your morals are your morals where this issue is concerned. I for one like to be the best armed person in any given room...

I for one did NOT go to the MWCA show - I don't like gun shows not even the SHOT Show. I will carry where I wish other than a specifically prohibited place - for me concealed is concealed.
REMEMBER THE BRAVE 343 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET FDNY

الصليبية كافر
Pinnacle

Postby plblark on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:10 pm

rtk wrote:

Tip: get Srigs to scout the show for you first especially if your tastes overlap ...

Downside: ?He'll get the smoking deal but you'll be left with NICE deal :-)

Saw some familiar faces, looked at a lot of guns. Saw a lot of crazy prices, saw a couple dealers with reasonable prices who I bought from.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby plblark on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:18 pm

onebohemian wrote:P.S.: Oh, and Plblark, stop being rude.

Sorry to let the team down guys :-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Srigs on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:02 pm

plblark wrote:
rtk wrote:

Tip: get Srigs to scout the show for you first especially if your tastes overlap ...

Downside: ?He'll get the smoking deal but you'll be left with NICE deal :-)...

I try! ;) Always chat with dealers you have done business with before and remind them what your looking for. Repeat customers are golden and generally get 5 to 15% off.
Srigs,

http://www.sideguardholsters.com
http://www.sideguardholsters.com/blog

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
Srigs

Postby 1911fan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 pm

elmerfuddem wrote:
1911fan wrote:

If someone has a difference of opinion here, he gets beat down.

Not a very positive image. Holland was only expressing himself in a respectful manner. He can do that. Why do some of you think you are so high and mighty?
Show respect, and kindness to all. Remember, this is a public board, not your private one.

Grrrr.

Ok I was merely stating the intent of the law as it was passed. We are not breaking the law to ignore the signs. We are breaking if you refuse the verbal request to leave and then all you can be charged with is a $25 dollar misdemeanor tresspass.

My comment re perspective was to the signs. What kind of a message do they portray to sheeple?
1911fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat