MN HORSE AND HUNT

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: MN HORSE AND HUNT

Postby RAGGED on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 pm

1911A45ACP wrote: Rifle range is a joke. What's going on here is, the H&H is financing their shotgun sporting facility on the backs of those paying exorbitant dues to use the the pistol and rifle ranges! Period, end of report. ?

Pretty much the same thing that was happening at Forest Lake Sportsmen's Club, but to a lesser extent. I went to a few meetings and it was very clear to me that member dues were in part keeping the shotgun range open to the public, sight in money made on the rifle range was absolutely not getting put back into the range, it was going directly to the general fund only to be gobbled up by the hungry shotgun range that had employees to pay and equipment to maintain. As someone who used the rifle range it got really annoying to continually go to the 100yd range to find only 1 backboard up, I even asked if I could go buy some boards and put them up, just needed to know I'd be reimbursed for the wood, was told that wasn't an option and that they would be down for the next month till they started getting the range ready for public sight in days, a bit ass backward for me, started the process of selling my share that day, Elk River SC and Gopher have proven to be infinitely better.
RAGGED

Re: MN HORSE AND HUNT

Postby Grayskies on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:39 pm

It seems like some video surveillance might help determine the causes of the deteration.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat