Movie: American Sniper

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Movie: American Sniper

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 am

Can't wait to go see it. I see our ex Gov Ventura is blasting the film calling it a lie. What a friggin tard.
Bearcatrp

Postby Scratch on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 am

Back In Black wrote:I can't believe people are making a big deal about the doll. It's a freakin' prop. :roll:

I know.... Here's another big surprise to those people, all those guns in the movie are probably non firing guns, were not firing actual bullets, and that wasn't actually Chris Kyle either! :o

I haven't seen it yet, but want to badly.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby ex-LT on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:11 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Can't wait to go see it. I see our ex Gov Ventura is blasting the film calling it a lie. What a friggin tard turd.

FYP
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby armedwalleye on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 pm

ex-LT wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Can't wait to go see it. I see our ex Gov Ventura is blasting the film calling it a lie. What a friggin tard turd.

FYP

On behalf of developmentally challenged persons everywhere, thank you. Including Jesse in that group is offensive to the group and gives Jesse much more credit than he deserves.
The weaponized fish.....
armedwalleye

Postby cobb on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:08 pm

And several things in the movie are different than the book. I understand why some things were depicted differently in the movie than in the book, because it would be very hard to do visually to get the impact they wanted. Others maybe because of the politically correct, but several things in the movie, I had no clue as to why they would depict totally differently than the book.

My understanding is that Chris Kyle got the movie script only a few days before he died, so maybe that is part of it.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby hard h2o on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:00 pm

I am just finishing reading "American Gun: A History of the U.S. In Ten Firearms" by Chris Kyle. I will be reading "American Sniper" next.

From what I understand Kyle was working on American Gun when he was murdered. His friends and co-authors finished it up for him.

American Gun seems a bit strange to me. Don't get me wrong it is a good book. Not great. I am not sure what it is. Might be that Kyle was not an accomplished writer. I do not know.

Some of the details, specs, and jargon about the firearms seem a bit off. I am kind of a gun enthusiast. I am far from an expert. I served for 12 years in USAR. I carried an M16A1. I competed with a Colt M1911 NM. I know just enough to be dangerous. I do know enough to not try to talk over my head about stuff I do not know. Something about the way this book is written just seems off.

Might just be a rookie author. Might be an attempt to write a book that will appeal to a broader audience than gun nuts.

I hope American Sniper is better written.
hard h2o

Postby hard h2o on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Article in todays Sunday Pioneer Press about the guy accused with the Murder of Chris Kyle:
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_27429595/trial-american-sniper-accused-killer-all-about-ptsd
hard h2o

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat