I finally met one.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: I finally met one.

Postby nhluke on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:48 pm

You don't need a permit for open carry, but to carry concealed, you need a permit.

I'm not a lawyer or well read but I hope this isn't true due to my goal in life of not going to jail
nhluke

Postby Nougat on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 pm

nhluke wrote:

You don't need a permit for open carry, but to carry concealed, you need a permit.

I'm not a lawyer or well read but I hope this isn't true due to my goal in life of not going to jail

is this right?ImageImage

the second doesn't seem right or those Texas walmart and diarrhea restaurant shenanigans wouldn't happen? *http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/chipotle-guns-open-carry-texas ecoli
Nougat

Postby dismal on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:48 pm

I kinda feel sorry for her. I would think that living in Arizona and hating guns would be like living in Minnesota and hating snow or hotdish. :D
dismal

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 pm

dismal wrote:I kinda feel sorry for her. I would think that living in Arizona and hating guns would be like living in Minnesota and hating snow or hotdish. :D

Or liberals............
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby shooter115 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 am

dismal wrote:I kinda feel sorry for her. I would think that living in Arizona and hating guns would be like living in Minnesota and hating snow or hotdish. :D

I do hate snow........and people wonder why I'm bitter.
shooter115

Postby SkyRock on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:09 am

Arizona has clearly changed since I migrated to Minnesota (a "legal immigrant" ;) ) some 40 years ago. Too many "snowbirds" that moved there. I hope her attitude is the exception, not the rule.
I went on a 6 week trail ride when I was 15 (no dates, but Kennedy wan't President yet). One of the wranglers open carried on the trip. He was 15! :o
Kudos to you for your handling of the situation. I'd like to think I would have done the same thing.
SkyRock

Postby photogpat on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:25 am

All my recent trips to AZ, I saw more open carrying than at the last Gopher Breakfast...and no one batted an eye.

We went down by Organ Pipe Monument to do some hiking and I OC'd the whole time - absolutely no one said "boo" or even looked sideways at me including the 6 ICE and 3 BP agents we ran into.

Don't make it an issue with these people and it won't be, just ignore them like we do the bat$hit crazy ones here in MN too.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Nougat wrote:
nhluke wrote:

is this right?ImageImage

the second doesn't seem right or those Texas walmart and diarrhea restaurant shenanigans wouldn't happen? *http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/chipotle-guns-open-carry-texas ecoli

Reason for AZ resident to get the permit is for other state reciprocity.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby TooFewGuns on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 am

I do not like hot dish, as most contain mushrooms.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. Milton Friedman
The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets. Lysander Spooner
TooFewGuns

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Awww, some hotdishes are quite tasty. As for the snow, you can keep it! I'm looking for land in AZ, NM, or TX and planning my escape in 3 years... :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby FJ540 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:42 am

xd ED wrote:
my1stpistol wrote:
usnret wrote:You should send the cops over to have a talk with her seeing as she threatened your life.

Oh the irony of it would be to much to miss. I would be at every court hearing

Be kind of neat if some gun friendly media(it IS AZ) learned of the situation ... :?

Or maybe pass that on to the local PD as a terroristic threat? She should probably be locked up. Joe has a tent ready! :lol:
FJ540

Postby gearguy10 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:34 am

Gotta love a state (AZ) where I can ride my wheeler down a paved road with my .45 on my hip and the sheriff just smiles and waves as I go by.
"Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?" - Ogden Nash
gearguy10

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat