How much dry fire practice is recommended?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: How much dry fire practice is recommended?

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am

A friend had that at a campfire last fall; pretty entertaining
Attachments
ProductPhoto.jpg
ProductPhoto.jpg (27.31 KB) Viewed 3277 times
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:52 am

xd ED wrote:A friend had that at a campfire last fall; pretty entertaining

Thanks for making the picture smaller.

I have the whole set and it is fun to use. You can use your carry gun so it can be bit better than just dry firing.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:57 am

I actually liked the full-sized pic better. I set it up on my projector and then stood out in the driveway to get the full effect. It was magnificent.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:17 am

Erud wrote:I actually liked the full-sized pic better. I set it up on my projector and then stood out in the driveway to get the full effect. It was magnificent.

Some say bigger is better. Guess we know where you stand. :lol:
Ghost

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:I actually liked the full-sized pic better. I set it up on my projector and then stood out in the driveway to get the full effect. It was magnificent.

Some say bigger is better. Guess we know where you stand. :lol:

At least that's what I want people to think!
Erud

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:06 pm

Ghost wrote:

I have the whole set and it is fun to use. You can use your carry gun so it can be bit better than just dry firing.

Do the 'inside-the-bore' instantaneous lazers for real handgun training work with those targets? Is that what's in the kit you posted?
Is that kit currently available?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 pm

They advertise software for your PC that's supposed to work with a webcam to let you do target practice with your PC. Anyone know more about that?
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Remember when you weren't supposed to dry fire guns?

I think I have some manuels that even state that.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 am

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Do the 'inside-the-bore' instantaneous lazers for real handgun training work with those targets? Is that what's in the kit you posted?
Is that kit currently available?

These work, I have these that came in the kits with my blue guns.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002N2B0DO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1483623022&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=laserlyte+target+system&dpPl=1&dpID=41ScJ3-SHdL&ref=plSrch

Looks like the newer guns may not be separate from the laser. I've only used the blue guns as you do not need to cock them just pull the relatively accurate trigger over and over. Plus, I had all the stuff in my office at work where guns aren't allowed.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Ghost wrote:These work, I have these that came in the kits with my blue guns.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002N2B0DO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1483623022&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=laserlyte+target+system&dpPl=1&dpID=41ScJ3-SHdL&ref=plSrch

Looks like the newer guns may not be separate from the laser. I've only used the blue guns as you do not need to cock them just pull the relatively accurate trigger over and over. Plus, I had all the stuff in my office at work where guns aren't allowed.

Thanks for the info.

I found a kit similar to yours at Cabela's, on sale for $135

There are some advantages to the blue guns; not having to recock the trigger, and where it can be used.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

xd ED wrote:

Thanks for the info.

There are some advantages to the blue guns; not having to recock the trigger, and where it can be used.

I have those cans, they are fun but you have to set them back up after each shot. I'd get a target if possible. I think all of my kits either came from Midway or Amazon for under $100. Watch camelcamelcamel for Amazon deals.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Ghost wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I have those cans, they are fun but you have to set them back up after each shot. I'd get a target if possible. I think all of my kits either came from Midway or Amazon for under $100. Watch camelcamelcamel for Amazon deals.

They seem to be discontinuing the small square reaction targets. The laserlyte website is sold out of many of them, and where they are available, they are pretty pricey.
Cheapest I saw was $50/ ea.
I'll keep my eye open for them.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Wasn't there a local instructor using a siMilan system for Carry classes? I think he took a lot of heat if I remember correctly.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:58 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Wasn't there a local instructor using a siMilan system for Carry classes? I think he took a lot of heat if I remember correctly.

Does not seem like it would be much help in a defensive situation, but to each there own.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:28 am

Erud wrote:Jim,
I don't know much about the benchrest matches at GRRC, but I know one of the F-class guys that also shoots some BR. I just sent him an email to see if he has any contact info for the matches up there. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thank you Erik. I plan to attend the next GRRC Meeting later this month, to begin the membership process. I figure I will join, once there is an opening. It will give me the ability to actually practice at distances longer than 200 M that I'm currently shooting at OGC. I do plan to attend the IBS match at GRRC in April (600 yd) as a spectator. I believe watching and talking with some of the shooters, will help to figure out details and get to know people.

Then, I'll have to determine what type gun I want to build, and what different equipment I need, as I've discovered that not all of my bench gear I use in the 50 Matches, will cross over.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat