Expensive Indoor Ranges

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Expensive Indoor Ranges

Postby infidel on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:57 pm

One could always spend a million dollars and open up their own indoor range, then let people shoot there for a buck.
“If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.” - John Ashley

Disclaimer: Do not assume from this post, that I either agree or disagree with any other issue brought up in this thread.
infidel

Postby andrewP on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 pm

infidel wrote:One could always spend a million dollars and open up their own indoor range, then let people shoot there for a buck.

Haha no doubt, if one wanted to make people happy and lose a ton of money doing it. :)
andrewP

Postby FJ540 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:39 pm

andrewP wrote:
infidel wrote:One could always spend a million dollars and open up their own indoor range, then let people shoot there for a buck.

Haha no doubt, if one wanted to make people happy and lose a ton of money doing it. :)

What are you talking about?? It would be crowded and people would bitch. :P
FJ540

Postby Ironbear on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm

It would fill up with the yahoos and wahoos that get free places to shoot, shut down, by their reckless, irresponsible and destructive behavior.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Re:

Postby andrewP on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:52 am

FJ540 wrote:
andrewP wrote:

What are you talking about?? It would be crowded and people would bitch. :P

Ironbear wrote:It would fill up with the yahoos and wahoos that get free places to shoot, shut down, by their reckless, irresponsible and destructive behavior.

Ok, ok, you guys are 100% correct. I still stand by the "lose a ton of money" part of my statement, though. :)
andrewP

Postby hard h2o on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm

It seems like, in my short time as a member, that OGC puts the money they get from members and the public to good use. You get what you pay for.

I get great access to nice clean ranges. I have shot with some really nice members. Most times I have been there so far If I have not been alone I have been shooting with one or two other shooters.

I have only done range duty once so I have not seen it busy. I enjoyed RSO duty. Time will tell if that holds true in October when it might be a bit busier.

It doesn't cost anything to get on the waiting list. If you are thinking about it get on the list now.
hard h2o

Postby coltpython123 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Willow river rod and gun in new richmond is by far the best deal around the metro in my opinion they have a rifle range up to 200 yards pistol range 2 new trap pits with leagues during the summer indoor archery and outdoor with a 3 d shoot set up all summer long the best part though is that it is open 365 days a year just swipe your key card and go in its only 75 a year you don't have to put in any range duty unless you want to and it's just a really good group of members if you ever see anyone while your there
coltpython123

Postby Ghost on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:18 am

Shot at BPR yesterday since the ventilation system at Gander was broken. Shot for awhile in the pistol bays but wanted to shoot my 460 so had to go to the rifle bays for it. First time shooting it there and I found out the concussion was enough to have the range control go offline after each shot. Once they showed us how to reset it, it wasn't a big deal but was an interesting experience.
Ghost

Postby Rodentman on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:35 am

I blew the fuse a couple of times in the BPR rifle bay with my 460. I really like shooting the big bores outside, but BPR is otherwise pretty nice for me. I have an annual membership and go there several times a month.
Rodentman

Postby Ghost on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Rodentman wrote:I blew the fuse a couple of times in the BPR rifle bay with my 460. I really like shooting the big bores outside, but BPR is otherwise pretty nice for me. I have an annual membership and go there several times a month.

I prefer Gander since I had six different pistols to let a friend from Norway try. I hadn't been to BPR in years to actually shoot. Had never been in the rifle bay at all. I'll probably get a punch card so that I can go back with rifles but I still prefer Gander for pistols. It's all trumped by shooting on the farm but a 3 hour drive makes that a seemingly rarer and rarer occasion.
Ghost

Postby TTS on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Ghost wrote:
Rodentman wrote:I blew the fuse a couple of times in the BPR rifle bay with my 460. I really like shooting the big bores outside, but BPR is otherwise pretty nice for me. I have an annual membership and go there several times a month.

I prefer Gander since I had six different pistols to let a friend from Norway try. I hadn't been to BPR in years to actually shoot. Had never been in the rifle bay at all. I'll probably get a punch card so that I can go back with rifles but I still prefer Gander for pistols. It's all trumped by shooting on the farm but a 3 hour drive makes that a seemingly rarer and rarer occasion.

Unfortunately Gander won't let us shoot reloads... that makes it a no-go for me. Nice facility though.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby xd ED on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 pm

TTS wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Unfortunately Gander won't let us shoot reloads... that makes it a no-go for me. Nice facility though.

That's why you save factory boxes :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 am

In Ferguson Missouri one can shoot outside all day and fit right in.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:49 am

xd ED wrote:
TTS wrote:Unfortunately Gander won't let us shoot reloads... that makes it a no-go for me. Nice facility though.

That's why you save factory boxes :?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
That's what freedom munitions reman boxes are for.
Ghost

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:03 am

My opinion has been edited or deleted.
Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat