Getting to be discusted

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Getting to be discusted

Postby Kaveman on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:58 am

Tronster wrote:NOT a random internet picture...

Assuming individual / family use, what do you expect to use what appears to be more than 20,000 rounds for? If it is just target / plinking / small game, how long do you expect this supply to last? If it's for zombies, no need to explain.
Kaveman

Re: Getting to be discusted

Postby JJ on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Kaveman wrote:

Assuming individual / family use, what do you expect to use what appears to be more than 20,000 rounds for? If it is just target / plinking / small game, how long do you expect this supply to last? If it's for zombies, no need to explain.

cause 'murica

Duh

:wack:
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby shooter115 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:59 pm

Kaveman wrote:

I had about 15K rounds of .22 on hand when the poo hit the fan........It was not enough and by last summer I pretty much quit shooting the rimfires.
shooter115

Postby Tronster on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:12 pm

I knew the '09 ammo shortage wasn't going to be the last in this political climate, so I stocked up, but haven't bought any .22 since 2012.

But lets be real, it's . . . just . . . ammo. It's not food during a drought or vital medicine during a pandemic. And I'd prefer to have the ammo than double my money.
Tronster

Postby MJY65 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Perhaps some of the differing opinions have something to do with different shooting styles. The number of rounds that some guys seem to shoot in a year, would last me decades. I've never been one to be amused by mag dumps or shooting a brick at a sitting, but I know others enjoy that. Having a few years' supply (whatever that number is) seems reasonable.
MJY65

Postby yuppiejr on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm

MJY65 wrote:Perhaps some of the differing opinions have something to do with different shooting styles. The number of rounds that some guys seem to shoot in a year, would last me decades. I've never been one to be amused by mag dumps or shooting a brick at a sitting, but I know others enjoy that. Having a few years' supply (whatever that number is) seems reasonable.

I think it's more the entitlement attitude people have about their god-given right to walk into a Wal-mart or Fleet Farm and pick up a brick on their way to the range for $15. Anything that requires a bit more effort or planning devolves to an immediate gnashing of teeth and public outcry that some vast conspiracy by other shooters/hoarders/Obama/illegal aliens/muslims is involved.

The rules have changed, people who spend a bit of time can track down what they need with minimal effort... bitching is just easier. True story, in less than a week near the bottom of the supply "shortage" I laid hands on more than 3 cases (15,000 rounds) of .22 LR ammo without breaking any purchase rule limits (or bringing along extra buyers) and without paying more than first source retail prices. It convinced me that these threads are nothing but whine fests for people who simply are not willing to put in the effort rather than an indication of an actual problem.
yuppiejr

Postby Ghost on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:09 pm

yuppiejr wrote:Anything that requires a bit more effort or planning devolves to an immediate gnashing of teeth and public outcry that some vast conspiracy by other shooters/hoarders/Obama/illegal aliens/muslims is involved.

Ghost

Postby goalie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:54 pm

UnaStamus wrote:
With that being said, I have no sympathy for people willing to spend $1800 on a piece of junk DPMS or $2100 on a craptastic
Shrubmaster. If they're dumb enough to not know better, too bad. They should have had the wherewithall to buy the gun in off-peak/off-panic times. All of a sudden they decide they need an AR15 when they didn't before? Sheep. ZFG.

I was nice enough to sell my AR's for ridiculous prices on Gunbroker when the last panic hit, so as to not insult the locals, and to allow people to bid up to what they thought it was worth.

Apparently my Spikes Middy alone was worth a new Colt 6920, an 8.5" AR pistol (5.56) with a PA microdot and a Rock River Predator Pursuit.

I just had to wait a few years to buy the pistol, 6920, and PP.

Stupid is supposed to hurt. Don't even get me going on the Neurologist in AK that bought a ton of my P-mags.

No reserve auction = no guilt.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby LePetomane on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:58 pm

yuppiejr wrote:It convinced me that these threads are nothing but whine fests for people who simply are not willing to put in the effort rather than an indication of an actual problem.

Including you and the pink unicorn!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LePetomane on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby goalie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:58 pm

shooter115 wrote:
Kaveman wrote:

I had about 15K rounds of .22 on hand when the poo hit the fan........It was not enough and by last summer I pretty much quit shooting the rimfires.

I had more than that. Still have a bunch. Didn't sell any 22 at scalper prices, though I did do a charity auction here that went south when, due to scalper pricing at the end of the charity auction, I threw in more ammo for free. Apparently the mods here frown on you being a good guy. Great PM though.

Go figure......

After that I just donated to the Scouts if they were in need.
It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it.
goalie

Postby yuppiejr on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:54 pm

LePetomane wrote:
yuppiejr wrote:It convinced me that these threads are nothing but whine fests for people who simply are not willing to put in the effort rather than an indication of an actual problem.

yuppiejr

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:14 am

yuppiejr wrote:
LePetomane wrote:

As I have stated before, nothing original from you.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby 20mm on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Ghost wrote:Ok discuss

Why did you waste the extra space in each ammo box?
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby linksep on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:34 pm

OCD... 2700 is not a cool number like 2500.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Ironbear on Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:59 pm

linksep wrote:OCD... 2700 is not a cool number like 2500.
but 2600 is cooler!!! ;)
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat