armor plate carriers

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: armor plate carriers

Postby mecra on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:26 am

farmerj wrote:Goody for you.....
Once maybe you drapped a full load on, maybe you'd realize it's really from experience I told you to do it that way.
The description of "mall ninja" comes to mind now. Duflux and his cronies are on the forum as well. You remind me much of them.

Actually you can just theorize the weight of all the equipment and its effect on you. You need zero experience to post the thoughts you did. Heck, you could play a video game and see the effect of a full set of armor on movement. ;)

For not caring, you sure want to try to prove your purposefully non-verifiable experience really bad. 8-)
mecra

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:44 am

mecra wrote:
farmerj wrote:Goody for you.....
Once maybe you drapped a full load on, maybe you'd realize it's really from experience I told you to do it that way.
The description of "mall ninja" comes to mind now. Duflux and his cronies are on the forum as well. You remind me much of them.

Actually you can just theorize the weight of all the equipment and its effect on you. You need zero experience to post the thoughts you did. Heck, you could play a video game and see the effect of a full set of armor on movement. ;)

For not caring, you sure want to try to prove your purposefully non-verifiable experience really bad. 8-)

I believe the saying goes something like "if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to hear how it tastes." You came here asking for perspectives and got a few different ones from people with experience you lack, some in a polite-direct fashion, some with a bit less flower in the prose. FarmerJ has served in the armed forces and likely has experience humping a pack and combat gear in the field so you may want to swallow pride and consider his perspective even if you don't like the way it was presented.
yuppiejr

Postby mecra on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:03 pm

I believe the saying goes something like "if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to hear how it tastes." You came here asking for perspectives and got a few different ones from people with experience you lack, some in a polite-direct fashion, some with a bit less flower in the prose. FarmerJ has served in the armed forces and likely has experience humping a pack and combat gear in the field so you may want to swallow pride and consider his perspective even if you don't like the way it was presented.

I disagree. I did come in here asking for opinions. However, I do expect people to respond in a mature fashion as I did initially. Had Farmerj presented his ideas like someone actually trying to help, instead of sarcastically trying to boost his ego, I would have been significantly more receptive. It's not tough to be mature about your responses. The internet doesn't give a license to be a jerk, despite the fact that a lot of people seem to believe it does. (Granted, it's almost impossible to govern the internet in such a way.)

You don't even fully know if he HAS experience humping a pack. As you said, "likely". He didn't even mention his experience in his responses. Regardless, I did ask my military friend about some of the stuff that farmerj mentioned. (That's a benefit I have. I can legitimately validate stuff being said.) Farmerj did post a couple concepts worthy of validation. So, swallow my pride? No. Will I let someone get away with being a jerk to me? No. Will I validate what people say regardless of they are jerks or not? Sure.
mecra

Postby farmerj on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm

I suspect he is one that you could give him your dd214 and he'd call ******** on you despite not being able to understand what it says.

But without it, you are just nothing.

So its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. So instead he simply will get nothing.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

armor plate carriers

Postby Kaveman on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Congrats mecra.

Your attitude just eliminated the majority of help you can expect to get from people more knowledgable than you.

Next time try this:
http://bit.ly/1mlnAis
Kaveman

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:19 pm

mecra wrote:I disagree. I did come in here asking for opinions. However,I do expect people to respond in a mature fashion as I did initially.

Welcome to MNGunTalk. Good luck with that. :twisted:
yuppiejr

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:23 pm

I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Bessy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Personally I just duct tape two ceramic palates to my back. That way if I get hit with multiple .338 rounds I'm still good to go.

I'll just leave this here enjoy the light reading.
http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

armor plate carriers

Postby plblark on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:03 pm

You're not supposed to break opsec like Taft, Gecko ;-)
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby photogpat on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:08 pm

plblark wrote:You're not supposed to break opsec like Taft, Gecko ;-)

RTF WTF!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby UnaStamus on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Postby farmerj on Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Bessy wrote:Personally I just duct tape two ceramic palates to my back. That way if I get hit with multiple .338 rounds I'm still good to go.

Too bad we don't have an updated forum with a "like" button. :mrgreen:
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby MaryB on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 pm

LMFAO laughing so hard my eyes are watering

Bessy wrote:Personally I just duct tape two ceramic palates to my back. That way if I get hit with multiple .338 rounds I'm still good to go.

MaryB

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 pm

yuppiejr

Postby Kaveman on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Normally I hate being trolled, but a troll with the creativity of gecko45 is at least entertaining.
Kaveman

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat