Arnzen Arms - OPEN!!!

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Arnzen Arms - OPEN!!!

Postby mikereilly on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 am

We will be carrying used guns and we do have a large consignment area. We want to make a special effort to work with people to give their consignment pieces the best opportunity to be showcased. Currently we have 17 consignment pieces on display; however most are antiques. That will change over time as we do encourage people to bring in their guns and see what we can work out.
mikereilly

Postby sawgrass on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 am

Do you have a consignment policy in place?
EX: The GS used to add x # of dollars to the seller's ask on a scale according to the seller's ask.

Hope to stop in today!
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby V Man on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 am

[/quote]There might be a surge in women shooters. Maybe you ought to make him wear muscle tee's. :D[/quote]

I'm gonna have to start working out :mrgreen:
Everything you need to know to be successful in the military: Always have an Assault element,Support element and a Security element. Leadership Decisions: Will it accomplish the Mission? Is it morally and ethically correct? How will it affect your men?
V Man

Postby sawgrass on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 am

V Man wrote:
There might be a surge in women shooters. Maybe you ought to make him wear muscle tee's. :D[/quote]

I'm gonna have to start working out :mrgreen:[/quote]

I've met your wife. You are doing just fine!
If it makes you feel good, my friend from the gun show at the education building said "damn he's good looking, I really like his hair".

Now back on topic, Mike Reilly... :D
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby KC8SON on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 am

I stopped in Friday while the SO and kids were shopping at the mall. Spent a while talking with Mike - great guy! Great store! You guys are doing a great job. Had my eye on a couple lever action rifles. Still trying to decide on which I want...
Always training myself, training others when I can...

1776 Americans: "Give me liberty or give me death!" 2011 Americans: "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!"
Judge Napolitano
KC8SON

Postby TommyMN on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 am

Did I miss the Tuesday through Friday hours?
TommyMN

Postby Dante on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 am

Can I suggest adding the store hours to the website?

I am not sure if there is a place for links in your profiles but that wouldn't hurt either.

I am hoping to stop in soon instead of being that guy that drove by once a week ;)
Dante

Postby photogpat on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

I'm going to stop in at lunch today -- possibly buy an Election Day gun. I think I'd like to start that tradition! :lol:
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby mikereilly on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:09 pm

week day 10-8' we are closed Monday; but will be offering C&C classes Monday nights
mikereilly

Postby unit44justin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 am

Stopped in today and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service, nice inventory and competitive prices. Right away I was greeted by Katie. She was very nice and helpful. I looked around a bit and liked the amount of inventory they had, for a store that just opened this week they had a very nice selection. They have a nice selection of cleaning supplies as well including frog lube which I was very happy to see so I don't have to order it online. Inventory, I would say is priced competitively with online stores. I ended up purchasing a Ruger 10/22 Target model and a Frog Lube kit. Mike and Dan did the background check and stuff for me and both are nice folk. I was very happy with the customer service there. It felt good going into a small local gun store and being treated as a customer rather than an inconvenience like when I go into J&S.

I can't wait until they expand their inventory more, I will definitely buy from them again. If I encounter anyone that is looking for a firearm, I will surely refer them you Arnzen Arms.
unit44justin

Postby tazdevil on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Sounds like a good shop, I ask you to refrain from the following Cabela's sales tactics though:

1: Sales guy at new gun desk: "You need a 45 or at least a 40 as a 9 or anything else just isn't a one-shot man stopper. I've heard of Taliban soldiers being shot 5 times with a 9 that kept coming!!"

2: Then in the used gun area, Customer: "Why are you asking that much for the used Kimber? That's the new price on that model!"; Sales Guy "Well, good luck finding a new one right now!"; Customer "Well, won't that 3 inch recoil harder than a 5 inch 1911 anyway, to the point it will hurt?"; Sales guy "Oh no, it's tame, you'll Barely notice the difference, but you had better buy now or it won't be here much longer."; Customer "I think I just want to find a decent 38 special then, I don't like the recoil of bigger guns" Sales guy repeats quote #1 virtually word for word, it must be engrained in their heads!

This was saturday the 3rd, afternoon at Roger's Cabela's, I was bored waiting for my father in law to meet us in there, decided to look at guns for a while, and became more and more amused with some of the know-it-all gun desk comments such as those.
1911 Fan quote in memoirium about carrying:
The purpose of a firearm in a defensive situation is to make the other guy leak from holes he was not born with. Your job is to install those orifices for him.
tazdevil

Location: over your shoulder, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

Postby unit44justin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

From what I experienced yesterday and how they conducted themselves with other customers, I don't see that being the case at Arnzen.
unit44justin

Postby justinvan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Got to speak with Mike ,as well as the owner (sorry but his name has slipped my mind), and two other employees today (one male one female) and they were all great people to deal with . I cant put my finger on it but they do have a very good start on a very good store going. I am looking forward to being a regular "pest" there :D . I have have a good feeling about the future of this place.
justinvan

Postby sawgrass on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

We stopped in today and found it to be a very nice store.
Everyone was friendly and the dog "Gin" is a sweety.

The new gun selection is very good considering that they just opened.
The accessory selection is also good.

It was nice to hold a Shield and compare it to a G26 and a G19.
NRA Life Member
GOCRA Member
sawgrass

Postby mikereilly on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks Tazdevil for the advice - we do have a standing policy that you are not allowed to scoff at the stopping power of any bullet unless you are willing to be shot by one :lol:

Frankly we have been overwhelmed by how supportive everyone has been of the store. Generally I'm there from 9-9 (about half the time that Dan is there) and I still leave energized at night. The Owners Kate and Dan have really tapped into something special. Our goal is that every one who comes into the store thinks of it as their gun store. We have been open less then a week and I already feel like we have been adopted by the local community. :D
mikereilly

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat