Something to think about

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Something to think about

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Sarge_44 wrote:
Thunder71 wrote:Now there's an argument about having the word 'Relax' in a TapaTalk signature... holy $&#@balls.

Sad isn't it

RELAX
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MXGreg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:07 pm

I think maybe I'll go retard the timing in my convertible, take a drive, and relax.

Too bad it's too cold out.
MXGreg

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 pm

St. Olaf wrote:
TommyMN wrote:I'm not attacking anyone with special needs. Never have. How you take it is up to you. There's about 8 definitions of retard in the dictionary. Sorry if you choose to accept the slang term.

That's a bunch of B.S. and it has NOTHING to do with "how somebody takes it." There's just one way to take it--it's a harsh and powerful insult that demeans a whole group of innocent people.

There's one definition and we all know it.....it's not meant to be used any more than the common racial, ethnic or sexual epithets that are used for Jews or Blacks or Gays.

You should be sorry you ever used it. It's a derogatory and an ugly one.

It's not bs. It's the English language. Words can expressed to mean many things in many ways. It's not my fault you think it only means one thing. That's on you.

It's funny you used "black" to describe people. There's lots of people that think that is derogatory. So by your logic, you're racist. So are you racist? Or are you hyper sensitive towards one word?
TommyMN

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 pm

TommyMN wrote:They are going after my rights. I'm doing nothing to there's.

So where is your right to call them a name? The 1st amendment...which is the right to free speech... however, that does not exclude you from the consequences of that free speech. You are free to say whatever you want, but there will always be some sort of consequences for doing so.

In some cases, those consequences are direct, such as when James Yeager threatened to "start killing people" and he lost his CCW/PTC in TN. Likewise, also direct, I'm sure that his business has been affected, his personal life, and so forth. Now indirectly, I'm sure that it will play into the local, and maybe even the national level politics.

Directly, calling someone a "libtard" seems to have drawn some ire from people on here towards your opinion, so that's a direct consequence. Indirectly, such an attitude and action goes into the collective whole and creates and fosters further animosity between people of different opinions. Rather than the pro and anti (of any group and opinion, but in this case, it's about firearms) meeting on some common ground, we both have much further to go because both sides continue to name call and other such things. Love or fear, people problem, this all goes back to what I posted about awhile ago. Re-read that or read it if you haven't. I won't repeat it all again in this post. It's there to read a page or so back f you want to. If not, then not, but my points there remain and apply here as well.

TommyMN wrote:hell I even push for some new liberal rights.

That's nice, but it doesn't justify anything.

TommyMN wrote:If they wanna cry about being called a libtard. O well. I'm not a politician, I don't care to kiss anyone's ass.

Then don't cry when they think of and call you a name as well.

TommyMN wrote:I'm also not a Rambo type.

You are to them if they call you one...just as to you they are libtards when you call them one. So fair is fair. If you can call them libtards, then can call you Rambo. After all, some of them aren't politicians and don't need to kiss anyone's ass either, right?

TommyMN wrote:Most people in my life know nothing of my firearms.

Well, people around me do. Kind of hard to hide a big gun hanging off my hip. I'm ok with that though. If it bothers them, that';s their problem and not mine.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I don't care if people call me names. I'm not 4.

I never open carry in the cities. It's not worth the hassle to me.
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Wait, you aren't the rifles should be shot only at 400 yards guy, are you? To many names look alike.
TommyMN

Postby St. Olaf on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 pm

TommyMN wrote:
St. Olaf wrote:
TommyMN wrote:I'm not attacking anyone with special needs. Never have. How you take it is up to you. There's about 8 definitions of retard in the dictionary. Sorry if you choose to accept the slang term.

That's a bunch of B.S. and it has NOTHING to do with "how somebody takes it." There's just one way to take it--it's a harsh and powerful insult that demeans a whole group of innocent people.

There's one definition and we all know it.....it's not meant to be used any more than the common racial, ethnic or sexual epithets that are used for Jews or Blacks or Gays.

You should be sorry you ever used it. It's a derogatory and an ugly one.

It's not bs. It's the English language. Words can expressed to mean many things in many ways. It's not my fault you think it only means one thing. That's on you.

It's funny you used "black" to describe people. There's lots of people that think that is derogatory. So by your logic, you're racist. So are you racist? Or are you hyper sensitive towards one word?

Black is commonly accepted. "Tard" is not. Wake up.

I won't waste anymore time with you.

I hope you do a little introspection and figure it out.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who didn't.
St. Olaf

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 pm

TommyMN wrote:Wait, you aren't the rifles should be shot only at 400 yards guy, are you? To many names look alike.

1) Never really been hassled for OCing.

2) I said it several times that 400 yards was off, but my point remains that I don't see the point for the average citizen to use a rifle at short range and/or as a primary defense firearm of choice. Likewise I think firearms should be shot outdoors vs. indoors if possible. (Less noise, less problem with breathing in lead, more room, etc)

3) Everyone has their opinions and is entitled to them. I'm not going to rehash it all again here nor defense my opinion(s).
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 pm

St. Olaf wrote:Black is commonly accepted. "Tard" is not. Wake up.

I won't waste anymore time with you.

I hope you do a little introspection and figure it out.

*applauds*

Yes, Virginia, there IS still common sense around.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Not in many circles it is not. People get fired every day for the term. It's about how you use it.
Which is my point. Thanks for showing your bias and lack of understanding towards the English language. I know you have access to a computer, so you have full access to many dictionaries. I suggest you spend time with one besides the "urban" one.
TommyMN

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm

XDM45 wrote:
TommyMN wrote:Wait, you aren't the rifles should be shot only at 400 yards guy, are you? To many names look alike.

1) Never really been hassled for OCing.

2) I said it several times that 400 yards was off, but my point remains that I don't see the point for the average citizen to use a rifle at short range and/or as a primary defense firearm of choice. Likewise I think firearms should be shot outdoors vs. indoors if possible. (Less noise, less problem with breathing in lead, more room, etc)

3) Everyone has their opinions and is entitled to them. I'm not going to rehash it all again here nor defense my opinion(s).

With comments like this, your opinion, means very little to me.
I will practice shooting my shield out to 350 next time I'm out doors thou.
TommyMN

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:31 pm

TommyMN wrote:With comments like this, your opinion, means very little to me.

Well, we agree since with comments like "libtard" I feel the exact same way about your opinions. Now, how about a nice hot cookie?
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I've tried consertard but it doesn't flow right.
TommyMN

Postby XDM45 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:53 pm

TommyMN wrote:I've tried consertard but it doesn't flow right.

point = missed.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby TommyMN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:58 pm

XDM45 wrote:
TommyMN wrote:I've tried consertard but it doesn't flow right.

point = missed.

You honestly took that serious? Really?
TommyMN

PreviousNext

Return to General Gun Chat