What if the ban passes?

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: What if the ban passes?

Postby sansooshooter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 am

I keep hearing people in personal conversations saying none of these bills will pass. Problem is most people I have talked to have not voiced their objections
to their rep or senator. Also people don't think it will affect the pistol they bought for home protection.
There will be a lot of unknowing felons in the state if this garbage passes!
sansooshooter

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:08 am

I think some of the bills will pass. Maybe requiring background checks on all transfers. My concern is that we still have four years of the Obomination to go and the grabbers are not going away. Next time we lose a little (or a lot) more. What if two mass shootings occur close together? I can easily see registration at least finally passing. That is the main reason I am on the fence about getting a PTC. Registered persons will be the first ones to have their guns confiscated.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby JustPlainT on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 am

Uffdaphil wrote:That is the main reason I am on the fence about getting a PTC. Registered persons will be the first ones to have their guns confiscated.

Have you ever bought a firearm new and filled out a 4473?

If so, then just get your PTC without worry. You're already on "the list".
Midwest Defense Institute, LLC
Quality Training at an Affordable Cost
JustPlainT

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 am

You may be correct, but until someone comes up with evidence that Big Brother keeps a secret database, it's no sure thing. On the other hand I don't see PTC's meekly cooperating in killing the second amendment. A good group to stand with. And as single retired guy I risk less than many. What the hell. Someone had to dig in on Bunker Hill.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 am

Uffdaphil wrote:I think some of the bills will pass. Maybe requiring background checks on all transfers. My concern is that we still have four years of the Obomination to go and the grabbers are not going away. Next time we lose a little (or a lot) more. What if two mass shootings occur close together? I can easily see registration at least finally passing. That is the main reason I am on the fence about getting a PTC. Registered persons will be the first ones to have their guns confiscated.

Requiring universal background checks IS defacto registration. If you are required to prove you've done a background check on a private sale, you tie the firearm to the buyer and seller. There is no way around that.
Having a permit is of little concern.
If and when things get that extreme they will take away one's permit.
Someone having a list of any firearms I might own is a huge issue.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby XDM45 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 pm

tac870 wrote:Quit being a defeatist! Fight hard and show your presence when necessary. I'm not yelling at you and trying to make you feel bad, but there are people on their side monitoring these posts. Once you have given it your all, then cross that bridge when you get there.

+1.

DO NOT surrender.
DO NOT give up.
DO NOT compromise.
DO NOT be negative.
DO act proactively, positively, etc.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby XDM45 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 pm

JustPlainT wrote:
Uffdaphil wrote:That is the main reason I am on the fence about getting a PTC. Registered persons will be the first ones to have their guns confiscated.

Have you ever bought a firearm new and filled out a 4473?

If so, then just get your PTC without worry. You're already on "the list".

Yup. Both guns bought new, on the list. Besides that, I've already had federal agents at my house for past work's background investigation, they know. I'm not hiding anything. Now, come to take them away, well, let's just say if that time ever comes, we'll all have to make our own choices on how we'll handle the situation. I know what I'll do.
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat